Old games wanted on Steam/GOG

Pretty sure there was a thread like this. But it's buried. And Steam and GOG always expend their catalogue so it might be outdated as well. So here a new thread for the question...

What games do you miss on services like Steam or GOG? Old games you really want to (re)play, but don't get the opportunity since they're impossible to find. Or run.

Let me start with the 3 that come to my mind;

* Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

Fun little arcade game. Sadly enough my brother owned it. And since we no longer live together, I obviously should get my own copy. However, easier said than done.

* No One Lives Forever

Loved the demo's (now we barely get any, then you got 3 :)). But never got the opportunity to play the full real game. Also played the demo's of NOLF2, but that just oozed with 'do not want'... such a step backward. Shame this classic is also nowhere to be found :(

* Rage of Mages

Probably not as well-known as the above titles, I did have some fun with this game when I was younger. I wouldn't know if it would have passed the time unharmed, but I would be willing to find out for a cheap price :). However, it was already hard to find at release, impossible now...

What titles do you guys miss?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Games I have that should be on Steam/GOG:

American McGee's Alice

Drakan: Order of the flame

Evil Islands: Curse of the lost soul

Heavy Metal: FAKK 2

Kult: Heretic Kingdoms

Oni

Severance: Blade of Darkness

Stolen (especially since crap like Shadow Harvest is already on Steam)

Summoner

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The X-Wing/Tie-Fighter games.

Elite 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

X-Wing, TIE series

LucasArts adventure games

Rebellion (might as well)

NOLF

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

King of Dragon Pass just came out on GOG, so really, there's not a whole lot.

KOEI's Romance of the Three Kingdoms?

• Like 2

AD&D/Goldbox games.

Of course, the issue with those is that the superior platform was different in practically all cases (for example, the mac version of Secret of the Silver Blades randomly had VGA level graphics, while the dos version was ega).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

King of Dragon Pass just came out on GOG, so really, there's not a whole lot.

Actually, it's "pretty much." For somebody who can still be interested in yet another good-evil slider bar variants, this won't matter but it is a possible example of how story-telling can be with more sophisticated concept and a richer world setting. Related with this, it also blurs the boundary between SIM and RPG, which shouldn't come as a surprise considering its PnP background.

To clarify, I meant now that it's out, I don't have much else I'm waiting for. Previously you had to buy an Applething, since the devs lost their source code and had no real means of distribution.

Not necessarily after good games, but there's stuff I'm interested in as a sort of historical curiosity, e.g.

- The more obscure Sim-games, like SimIsle, SimFarm, SimAnt and er, SimHealth.

- Ultima 8: The Lost Vale expansion, which was completed but then cancelled with no known copies surviving.

Then there's the more obvious stuff like a fair chunk of LucasArts' adventures, late 80s to mid 90s flight sims, some ignored Microprose titles like Covert Action, Grand Prix 2, Transport Tycoon. Privateer 2.

On a more mundane level, GoG ought to work on finishing up the various titles they have that are still missing their expansions.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

* No One Lives Forever

Wow, was that in 2000? Pretty sure I still have it around somewhere. Didn't play it much. Google search says you can get it to run on Win7, btw.

I can't think of too many for myself, personally, that either can't be made/forced to run on Win7 or XP or aren't already out in some updated version somewhere. I was never into "platformer" style games and most other older games I don't have much desire to try/replay at this point. I did notice that GoG recently got Tombraider 1-3, however...I might get those. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Then there's the more obvious stuff like a fair chunk of LucasArts' adventures, late 80s to mid 90s flight sims, some ignored Microprose titles like Covert Action, Grand Prix 2, Transport Tycoon. Privateer 2.

You know about OpenTTD?

It would be nice if Gog included OMF 2097 into their free games - it's freeawre already, so... Also the Discworld series is not on Gog, right? I haven't played those yet, so I might buy them.

* No One Lives Forever

Wow, was that in 2000? Pretty sure I still have it around somewhere. Didn't play it much. Google search says you can get it to run on Win7, btw.

I wouldn't know, not having it.

But doesn't that make it that much better for GOG to update it?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I just want working versions of the Daggerfall series spin-offs. They are difficult as hell to get working with 3DFX support on modern systems.

Preferably Redguard but I wouldn't mind Battlespire too.

I have a feeling I wrote this exact same post in the other thread too..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just want working versions of the Daggerfall series spin-offs. They are difficult as hell to get working with 3DFX support on modern systems.

Preferably Redguard but I wouldn't mind Battlespire too.

I have a feeling I wrote this exact same post in the other thread too..

Deja Vu ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

* No One Lives Forever

NOLF is like a mixture between Deus Ex, Half-Life, and Austin Powers or Get Smart.

It's bloody fantastic and one of the greatest and funniest games of all time.

* No One Lives Forever

I wouldn't know, not having it.

But doesn't that make it that much better for GOG to update it?

Don't know if it makes it better, but I'd have no objection to them acquiring it. :)

I've bought a few games from them that I can still run via my discs on at least XP ... but I buy them anyway to support GoG or because I just feel like having a digital version that runs on Win7 and doesn't need a CD in a drive (or CD swapping...) to play it ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh absolutely, did a quick count and of my ~120 titles owned on GoG (counting bundles as one item), I own about 70 of them in hardcopy somewhere - most of which are still in my parents' garage.

And yeah, NOLF2 is still the most recent FPS I've played, unless DXHR counts as one.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I've waited for Harvester to get included in GoG's list for some time. I have my old retail copy, but I never got to finish the game because the CD 2 was so stuck in the case that it cracked in two pieces when I tried to get it out.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

They are a ton of old games I'd at least try to play if their interfaces got updated to today's standards. But with most titles I just can't be bothered.

That's because apart from a few big names like System Shock 2 and Lucasarts adventures, GOG already has everything worth playing - the stuff that's been coming for a while (old releases) are often above average games at best. The other reason is that I've already played everything I really like to death and I'd need a real reason to dig in and do it all over again (like with BGEE, but that's another story).

And on a more constructive note I'd like to see Discworld: Noir and Blade Runner. I never got a chance to play them.

And the Myth series and Homeworld because I'd like new gamers to play them and enjoy them as much as I did, back in the day.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.