What are you playing now?

Gorth

...anyone try Darksiders 2 yet??...played the original an' enjoyed it fer what it be, so I's thinkin' o' grabbin' it fer shyte's & giggles...anyone??...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

It's very good. The story is kinda so-so (it's a side story that doesn't really advance the plot, and it's also not really well-paced) but the gameplay and dungeon design is very very good, art direction and music are also top-notch (you can really feel that being able to design other worlds freed the art team to be *~fabulous~*. Loot curve is somewhat shoddy, forgivable because it's not really a loot game and the other gameplay elements more than make up for it, but the title still could have used a better loot curve (more and better uniques, a few more possessed items, more interesting stat distribution in general). That said, while the itemization isn't perfect, it still allows for quite a few fun builds.

Ah, also, despite the fact that it' look that way, the shooting section actually has the shooting as optional, besides a couple of bosses that need you to use the gun to kill.

I mostly agree, but I would only call it good. I value the story more than WUE, I guess.

This reminds me that Argul's Tomb is available now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

...thanks, lads...think I's'll give 'er a go... :yes:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

i remember people doing this in diablo 2, they would just latch onto a high level char and get carried all the way to baal, levelling from 1-20 in like 10 minutes, then they would do it a few more times and hit level 50 in one afternoon. i never understood why people enjoyed skipping over most of the game...

Yea, it was rampant in D2. I did understand it when people who had finished the game 15 times (several chrs thru all difficulties) just wanted to rush to high level to either try a new skill build or for PvP dueling purposes. There were no skill respecs back then. But doing it when it's the first time you've played ... I don't understand that either. But eh...different strokes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This reminds me that Argul's Tomb is available now.

But the story was *SO BAD* in Darksiders I that honestly, having a protagonist with a personality, already makes it a lot better.

EDIT: Ah, by the way, Argul's Tomb is somewhat a disappointment. Very short, not much in the way of a story, and the dungeons don't really add anything to the main game in terms of design. Still fun, but it kind of exemplifies the problems with the DLC model most publishers are adopting.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

BL2 - My Siren glitched and now speaks with Axton's voice. Says all the right lines for the Siren, only in Axton's voice. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I got a used copy of Darksiders II and the crucible code is already used. Does it add a lot to the gameplay/story? I was wondering if it's worth purchasing at this point.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I got a used copy of Darksiders II and the crucible code is already used. Does it add a lot to the gameplay/story? I was wondering if it's worth purchasing at this point.

It's an arena-type DLC with additional loot rewards. I didn't really do a lot in it, and it doesn't really seem like it's worth a purchase. Nice for those that like to test their mastery of the combat system, though.

• Like 1

Bouncing back and forth between Their Finest Hour and World of Tanks. At this rate I'll be dusting off War in the Pacific soon!

Beaten to the punch. I was just about to quote your post on top of the previous page and ask if you still played War in the Pacific ;)

Still playing Icewind Dale. It's been so long ago that I actually forgot that Yxunomei (sp?) puts up a bit of a fight. Ah well, that's what reloads are for... :blush:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

ME3, the mission on Thessia is scripted so stupidly. I literally destroyed Kai Leng with ease but then it switches to the cutscene where it's scripted that I get destroyed instead. The ensuing dialogue of how much of a failure the mission was is straight up pathetic and served no other purpose than to annoy me a bit. Garbage.

• Like 1

BL2 - My Siren glitched and now speaks with Axton's voice. Says all the right lines for the Siren, only in Axton's voice. :lol:

How would that even happen? Like why would they even have those lines recorded in that voice?

Sometimes when audio testing, people speak some lines for other chrs, and then weirdly, they stay in the game files. But I dunno. I did consider that maybe it's just her voice, only dropped dramatically in pitch (but not speed). The grunts when jumping sound more like Axton, but "Silence" sounds different. I made a new Maya and she's normal voiced, so it's something corrupted in the chr. savegame file I guess.

I played WoT for a long time, but now I just can't do it anymore. I really hate the tank balance and matches are more luck than anything else.

Playing in the MWO closed beta since the founders packs are available and so far I really like it- a lot more than WoT. The system is similar, but they approach it different.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

How is World of Tanks? I've seen it mentioned often, but I actually have no idea what's it supposed to be besides that it's free-to-play (maybe?) and involves tanks.

WoT is the first and possibly the last free to play game I have played. Pay to win gets a new meaning with that one.

Anyway, the game is really fun if your team works together. Mostly that doesn't happen though. I stopped playing it before it drove me completely mad. I cant say I was some ultragood player, but truly, the things I saw people constantly do there were beyond stupid.

I will never ever again play a game where you have to team up with random people, my sanity is too precious for that.

Edited by Slinky

Should get back to more MWO - repeated deathmatch is kind of boring after a while especially when all I ever get is Caustic Valley or whatever the hot map is called.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There are quite some websites around right now who give out free beta keys for MWO. You might want to try that. Though, keep in mind that the game is still in closed beta and very rough. Lots of stuff is still missing, etc.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I had more or less forgotten that I bought DS3 on Steam several months ago and gave it a spin. It was quite entertaining even though it also annoyed me immensely from time to time and my learning curve was actually pretty flat in intervals similar to staircase with some pretty long but steep steps. I finished the game with Katrina and it really annoyed me that most boss fights were in such small and secluded areas and that it took so long for her to switch from shooting to dodging and moving. Apart from the Dapper Old Gent I defeated most bosses by running around in circles and leave it to my companion to kill them with her feeble attacks. I thought the game was full of bugs until I realized that I was playing it wrong. The design annoyed me quite a lot and I still find the loot table to be outright horrible. A lot of equipment feels complete randomly generated and there are several items with different names that are identical. The things that Obsidian do well is done well.. The lore, story, dialogue and arts are pretty nice, the music is nice too, but the parts of the game, layout of stats, items, menus that is more utilitarian by nature is just plain horrible. First time I died I got a Saved game is corrupt and I thought wtf bloody hell, but nothing was wrong. I kept getting that even though nothing was wrong. I loaded my last save just fine. Think the game has an issue with Steam saves. The loot table is quite horrible, but I find it even more annoying that the Crit% and other stats are in a different menu than Equipment and in general I am baffled by the insane navigation through menus revolving around equipment.. The most challenging part of this game is to decide what to wear and what equipment to use and in most cases when I had an issue with a boss it could be resolved with a change of equipment. I wonder why none of the stats are interactive.. Would it be that hard to add a pop-up that explains what Warding and Retribution means? Maybe that was lost in time.. It's been quite a long time since Master of Magic that really did that well.. Yeah, probably lost in time, like me, no wait that's not dust it's this bloody psoriasis, phew. Not mummified yet, just a bloody annoying disease. What a relief.. and blah-blah-blah. But it was good to play!

(Signatures: disabled) 

Here's what my Maya sounds like now: I think it is just pitch lowered. Funny. At least when you know what she's supposed to sound like. :lol:

http://youtu.be/hBVn_mSyNwc

Edited by LadyCrimson

No, I have been...well, kinda. I know about the voice changer thing. But hubby's the host and he picked it up and I heard his voice be different, but I thought mine hadn't changed ... until after the freeze.

But...hm. Well, I suppose that could be it. I'll find out I guess.

Helping the lady in Overlook was funny, especially with Dave at the end.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra