The Kickstarter Thread

Tigranes

Planet Explorers made funding today, with 5 more days to add a little gravy on top. I am pleased. Now just have to wait for the next alpha version.

Looks like a fun game, thanks for making me aware of it! (and I'm sure *they* will thank you for making me aware of it as well, hehe ;))

Actually, delays could be a serious problem for a Kickstarter-funded project because it likely means a budget overrun. Just look at what happened to Legends of Eisenwald.

Again, I'm not pledging money I can't live without. If the company is upfront about the delays - why, how long, etc. - I'm okay with that. If the project dies and I lose my money I won't be happy - but I accepted that risk when I pledged.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've got no problems at all with how Eisenwald handled things, and them I would definitely have contributed to if the International Date Line wasn't difficult (in fact they're the main reason why I don't wait to the last day to contribute any more). Any [contributor] who doesn't, er, expect unexpected problems is a bit naive, so long as they're honest about it it's fine. Some using KS are a bit inured to the old/ standard publisher style ways of doing things though- something that does not work well if your model relies mainly on goodwill.

Edited by Zoraptor

While I can empathize with the devs and contributors of projects that have issues, I must admit that my human nature (which leads to unexpected and perhaps unwarranted bouts of spitefulness, or maybe more specifically: skoodenfroody) has led to some level of sarcastic "What, it's not all roses and butterflies!?" after many, many people assuring me that this was all going to be awesomesauce.

Bloom: Memories is in it's final day. It's had a bit of a surge the last couple of days. It has some of the most beautiful artwork, and seems like such a different unique concept that I have heard for a video game. Of the $34K it now has, over $10K of that has been in the last few days as more and more people are discovering it. Brian Fargo's tweet about it gave it a nice bump.

Here is the last game play update, including how one might approach taking on this guy:

8a84b8722d044a2e141a46d9ea9ee8d0_large.j

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Actually, delays could be a serious problem for a Kickstarter-funded project because it likely means a budget overrun. Just look at what happened to Legends of Eisenwald.

Again, I'm not pledging money I can't live without. If the company is upfront about the delays - why, how long, etc. - I'm okay with that. If the project dies and I lose my money I won't be happy - but I accepted that risk when I pledged.

Yep, that be one of my rules to live by -- never lend (or give) out something you're unwilling to lose. 8)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

...which is why you should never lend anybody a hand ;)

New Thread

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein