The Kickstarter Thread

Tigranes

Consortium

Sounds like they're trying for the interactive depth of Deus Ex while using the Ultima "Avatar" concept. Could be interesting...

RPS gives their impression of the game

Interesting, hope it makes it goal.

It seems to be doing much better in this run; they're at 56% ($28k/$50k) with 22 days to go. Good for them.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

The Big Blue

Spiritual successor to Ecco the Dolphin, from the franchise's creator.

It looks like they've taken down anything that has to do with the accursed letters: MMO

All they have to do now is make it DRM-free and I'll donate more.

EDIT: Yes, he has confirmed that there will be no MMO.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Since the last 4-5 pages have largely been about a single KS project/controversy, perhaps it's time to split it off. Stay tuned.

Edit: done, hopefully got all the relevant ones. :) Further/continued discussion on the Susan Wilson KS controversy can be done here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63570-susan-wilsons-kickstarter-discussion-split-topic/

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just upped my Big Blue pledge a bit.

I got my Genesis out of the basement, and am going to play some Ecco with my kids this weekend.

Man, I hope this game gets made.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

About that Kenzie campaign or however her name is spelled..

You might hear the society is equal, but don't believe everything you're told. Women and children are saved first in hostage situations for a reason. It's in our genes to protect the females and the offspring, care for them, etc.

And kickstarter administration are just people. My guess is - they're either simply more into this kind of thing (awwwwwww how cute, a girl campaign) or they have they own daughter "who is just like her", and so they just can't get it into their skull that it's in breach of their own rules.

But let's not forget that you will have to deal with this bull feces your whole life in a lot of places, so don't think it reflects badly on crowdsourcing or kickstarter. It reflects badly on humans, is all. We haven't evolved into mind flayers yet or anything. Race: human. Racial penalty: -2 to intellect.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I did. It will just charge you the converted valie in dollars.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It uses an in-house checkout system instead of Amazon payments for what it's worth. As there's no option to switch currency, your credit card provider will be the one doing the conversion and they might charge a small conversion fee.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I likely would only contribute enough for a digital copy anyways.

They did mention that it should work fine (I asked them).

MOM was one of my favourite games growing up, but I couldn't remember it for years until I saw it on GoG and went "HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is that the game I think it is??!"

And it was!  I have played dozens of games already this year as I was feeling the itch.  Good chance I might contribute to this, but am still thinking about it.

I still hum the overworld map music sometimes.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

Camelot Unchained, a Realm vs. Realm MMORPG...

What am I missing? Why is this attracting so many backers? Another monthly-subscription-based MMORPG, where you first pay for the development and then pay a monthly subscription?

People like MMO's, and Dark Ages of Camelot was a classic one.  

People like MMO's

Ah, that's what I was missing :-D I thought the subscription model was faltering, though.

They are pretty vague about the subscription model.  Plus there are still a lot of people paying subs, but companies are finding that microtransactions are more profitable, as it allows your really dedicated players to pay way over $15 a month if they choose.

Not sure if IndieGoGo belongs in this thread, but here goes:

Ghost of a Tale

It's being developes by Lionel "Seith" Gallat who did animated movies at Dreamworks and Universal.  It's inspired by games like Zelda, Ico, Gothic, and Dark Souls.  Here's a very rough video of the game in its current state:

Inspired by Zelda & Gothic, play as a mouse with a lute?  Color me very interested.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

Camelot Unchained, a Realm vs. Realm MMORPG...

What am I missing? Why is this attracting so many backers? Another monthly-subscription-based MMORPG, where you first pay for the development and then pay a monthly subscription?

There's like 4-5 viable MMOs right now, most of them are mediocre at best, others are great, but not for my taste. And now out of the blue comes the possibility of a completely new one AND with original ideas. Great, count me in.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link