The Kickstarter Thread

Tigranes

A backer of the recently successfully funded Sui Generis; like the poster above, and for similar reasons, backing the Larry Elmore project http://www.kickstart...-elmore-artbook.

For the KS fans among us, came across this interesting article from Rock, Paper, Shotgun that examines the success rates of recent KS gaming projects.

http://www.rockpaper...e-are-they-now/

The conclusions are not surprising but still sobering.

On a positive note, PE and OBS come out quite well.

Edited by Theobeau

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

I wanted to point out: Larry Elmore's Art Book

While I'm stretching the "Computer and Console" aspect, Mr. Elmore's artistic renderings have vastly influenced my visualizations of RPG's all around - novels (Dragonlance), board/pen and paper games (DnD), and video games (Might and Magic 8).

Thanks for pointing that out, backed it. Can't really justify anything higher than the Wizard level, this time.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thorvalla's KS just failed.

Very sad, but for really old-school RPGs (much more so than PE) there seems to be no sufficient interest.

I'm having a slight kickstarter hangover, gonna take a lot for me to back anything digital until one of the products I've backed actually releases... I suspect I might not be alone.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'd like to point out 2 games that might interest you guys (well i hope lol).

http://www.kickstart...rsaken-fortress

It's a survival-RPG.

Creating a base, finding raws materials, hunting, defend your base, interact with the characters..you can be betrayed etc..the game offer a lot of possiblity.

Their inspiration is Fallout (post apocalyptic background)/Fallout Tactics and Jagged Alliance for the fight.

Btw i am boohhing Obsidian for not backing a game that says that their direct inspiration is one of your game.

They are only 40% funded with..like no media coverage at all..(one article..) and there only 13 days left.

Second game a direct successor to Dungeon Keeper !

http://www.kickstart...r-the-overworld

I think it doesn't need explanation for anyone who have played DK and miss it :p

Edited by Dawn_

I think it doesn't need explanation for anyone who have played DK and miss it :p

Hmmmmmmmmm......this one actually looks promising. Sandbox and editor tools a huge huge huge ++++++ in my book. Hmmmmmmmm.....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@Lady Crimson

It's Actually done by a team of modders. So, they know how the mods are essential to a game ;).

This game does look good, I'll support it on KS :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

@Lady Crimson

It's Actually done by a team of modders. So, they know how the mods are essential to a game ;).

Not many can convince me to pull out my CC on the internet, but after some thinking ... I'm in. I've been waiting/wanting a DK3 for soooooooo long, this may be the closest thing to it. And it's gotta be better than what EA would likely come out with, right? ;) Altho, I might wait for their updated playable tech demo first, which looks to be coming out very very soon.

My main problem is the amount to put in. Being in the US, I'm in that conversion-rate + shipping bottleneck this time around. Heh. I'd like to give them a decent amount but don't care about the physical stuff...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have a separate CC just for Internet stuff. Somewhat frighteningly, I've spent far more on it than on my main day-to-day card so far this year.

Haven't pledged to anything since Hero-U, but I'll do one last round-up of projects before the year is out and pick a few to back.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'd like to point out 2 games that might interest you guys (well i hope lol).

http://www.kickstart...rsaken-fortress

It's a survival-RPG.

Creating a base, finding raws materials, hunting, defend your base, interact with the characters..you can be betrayed etc..the game offer a lot of possiblity.

Their inspiration is Fallout (post apocalyptic background)/Fallout Tactics and Jagged Alliance for the fight.

Btw i am boohhing Obsidian for not backing a game that says that their direct inspiration is one of your game.

They are only 40% funded with..like no media coverage at all..(one article..) and there only 13 days left.

I'll give them $50 when I get home from the office. That looks very promising and right up my alley.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I think you misunderstand direct. It's a spiritual successor. Anyway, I was part of their forums before they went from "fan sequel" to "spiritual successor" and they're a bunch of idiots. Not only are they treating it like a multiplayer e-Sport, but they're missing the point of the game. Dungeon Keeper was always about humor and these guys are playing everything straight. Everything is designed to look badass or cool, whereas half the things in Dungeon Keeper (i.e. Bile Demon) looked hilarious on first sight. They also constantly promise updates and don't deliver and disappear for weeks. Extremely unprofessional. As much as I want a successor to DK, not backing this one. Waste of money.

I think you misunderstand direct. It's a spiritual successor. Anyway, I was part of their forums before they went from "fan sequel" to "spiritual successor" and they're a bunch of idiots. Not only are they treating it like a multiplayer e-Sport, but they're missing the point of the game. Dungeon Keeper was always about humor and these guys are playing everything straight. Everything is designed to look badass or cool, whereas half the things in Dungeon Keeper (i.e. Bile Demon) looked hilarious on first sight. They also constantly promise updates and don't deliver and disappear for weeks. Extremely unprofessional. As much as I want a successor to DK, not backing this one. Waste of money.

Gee Neutral, if you don't like the concept of the game maybe you should just say so instead of obfuscating your point ? :shrugz:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Gee Neutral, if you don't like the concept of the game maybe you should just say so instead of obfuscating your point ? :shrugz:

What? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to obfuscating. I stand by everything I said - I want a spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper, but this isn't one even if that's how they're selling it. I've dealt with these people personally and I can tell you they don't have any idea of what made Dungeon Keeper a fun game. I love their core concept as presented, but they're not actually making that.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Played Elite to the point of obsession on my C64. Wish I had kept the box, even if the tape would have been completely unreadable today. Had Frontier: Elite II for my Amiga, but it was a bit of a buggy mess unfortunately, but very intriguing and introducing "factions", that you could side with and accept missions from.

Edit to get to the point: Following the current kickstarter Elite with cautious curiosity.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to obfuscating. I stand by everything I said - I want a spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper, but this isn't one even if that's how they're selling it. I've dealt with these people personally and I can tell you they don't have any idea of what made Dungeon Keeper a fun game. I love their core concept as presented, but they're not actually making that.

I apologize, you are being clear on your view.

Its just you aren't being positive, but you don't have to be. So just ignore my comment :yes:

John Milton