Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Expeditions: Conquistador - Kickstarter

RPG Hex Combat Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Bester

Bester

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Plus, remember Tropico? That voice, oh that voice. It added a new layer of deep, you know? They should've voiced their tutorials with a fake spanish accent. Doesn't cost anything.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10646 posts

Got my game redeemed at GoG :)

Now I just need a long weekend (like the one just around the corner) and I can download and start playing. Looking forward to it. Wonder if it has any similarities to Seven Cities of Gold.

SadExchange

SadExchange

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 867 posts
I'm just waiting till the first patch comes out to play my first game due to some bugs I've been hearing about. Lately I feel that you need to wait till at least one patch has been released to enjoy the game without some pretty apparent bugs, speaking of Eador, and some other titles as of late. AAA titles or not, everything seems to need at least one patch out the door.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9096 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think there was a patch a couple days ago.  I had a couple things but restarting Steam cleared them up.

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3434 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm just waiting till the first patch comes out to play my first game due to some bugs I've been hearing about. Lately I feel that you need to wait till at least one patch has been released to enjoy the game without some pretty apparent bugs, speaking of Eador, and some other titles as of late. AAA titles or not, everything seems to need at least one patch out the door.

A patch would be nioce, but it's not that bad. At least for me I have the one bug where my Scouting stat is miscalculated, but as my scouts are both veterans with max Patroling, it hasn't affected me all that much.

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3840 posts

I don't think your scouts skills come into it, other than the fact that you have scouts at all. As far as I can tell, each point of the scouting skill is one extra movement point per turn, plus a +1 modifier to the scouting skill checks in dialogue.

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3434 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Its kinda funny though. My scouting states: 5 + 6 = 9

SadExchange

SadExchange

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 867 posts

I think there was a patch a couple days ago.  I had a couple things but restarting Steam cleared them up.

Yeah,the devs have said this last patch was specifically for steam issues and that fixes like the scout bug and others would be addressed later this week or early next

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10646 posts

Its kinda funny though. My scouting states: 5 + 6 = 9

Put more points in his math skills? :p

• melkathi likes this

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5992 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, the first patch went out (quite some while ago), more are on the way.

How's the game going for you guys?

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3434 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well, the first patch went out (quite some while ago), more are on the way.

How's the game going for you guys?

I finished it a couple of days before the patch went out. And my bugs fixed themselves as well...

Taking a break before the second playthrough.

anubite

anubite

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 488 posts

So far, my favorite Kickstarter Game. Solid 8/10 from me.

There are lots of ways the game could be better, but it's currently very addicting with a lot of replay potential. Grab it from Steam/GOG when it goes on sale this Summer, that's for sure. It's worth a playthrough, even though it's a little less historically accurate than I'd prefer (the amount of female characters in the game is... excessive, for one. I would not have minded some, but it's ridiculous I can be a female conquistador commander and have an all female troop at the onset).

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3840 posts

To be fair, you can also start as a male commander and have an all male troop at the onset, so it's hardly a problem for those who want to stick to history. Sure, you have to turn down a few recruits over the course of the game, but there's enough NPCs regardless.

Also my favourite KS game thus far, but it's the only one, so yeah.

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5992 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

They did that since, well, some players want that. Not everyone wants a full-man group with male PC.

And if players hated it and wanted to be 'political correct', they could still do so.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3842 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Bought this game, love this game.

• Hurlshot likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RPG, Hex Combat, Kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users