RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

When the folks who make Medal of Honor start making branded prosthetic limbs for the kids who get maimed by IEDs, to make the average player understand that war isn't a digital theme park, then I'll develop a bit of respect.

Games should stay games. Making branded offensive weapons? Where next? An ARMA2 branded Predator Drone? FFS.

• Like 4

sonsofgygax.JPG

Luckily Epic Mickey has that, no doubt. Doubt they'd need Arma 2 drones, BIS already gets enough money from militaries with VBS, no ? :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

not enough to spend it on improving ArmA 3. they're cutting stuff out due to budget constraints

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well, US is opening bidding for a new simulator, maybe that's drawing funds (hopefully). Shame, regardless

This looks interesting, the look of things are not my cup of tea though.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/planetary-annihilation-preview-when-strategy-worlds-collide-with-moons/

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

David Cage: "I'm not a frustrated movie director"

"We go to Hollywood on a very regular basis," said Cage. "We talk to actors and we talk to directors. What we discovered in Hollywood is that there are three categories of people. The first category are the people who don't give a **** about games, but that's less and less people.

"The second category are the people who are saying that games are great - they've heard about Halo and the amount of money that made in a weekend, and that sounds like a very exciting thing. How much money do you have, they ask. And usually that's when we stop the dialogue - money's part of it, but it shouldn't be the main motivation, because otherwise we know the collaboration's going to fail.

"The third category are the people who are generally interested - they understand that this is something new, something they've never done before and something that has incredible potential in the future to express different types of emotions in a different way. These people are adventurers, and Ellen is one of them. I was really fortunate in my career, because with Omikron I worked with David Bowie and this worked like that."

heh. Square Enix has announced it has "extensive plans for DLC for Sleeping Dogs" over the next 6 months.

And every piece of dlc they've mentioned.. is purely some weapon or costume to wear. I think I'm getting a little sick of those sorts of dlc being thrown out.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

heh. Square Enix has announced it has "extensive plans for DLC for Sleeping Dogs" over the next 6 months.

And every piece of dlc they've mentioned.. is purely some weapon or costume to wear. I think I'm getting a little sick of those sorts of dlc being thrown out.

I'm okay with that, because that doesn't mean much to me.

OnLive might be shutting down.

Fargo's tweeting about it. https://twitter.com/brianfargo One of the OnLive employees is trying to recall his e-mail saying they shut down. So, maybe it's not?

This guy's with IDG news service. He says he sees people with moving boxes outside the offices.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."