RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

It was about dialog. PC talking to NPCs and NPCs talking to PC. And Gordon doesn't talk. How should a real dialog with him look like?

"Hey Gordon, you got any idea what's up next for us?"

*You wave your hand*

*In a brief moment of silence, you look into the distance*

*You clap your hands*

- "That's exactly what I thought, Gordon!"

The only way I could imagine a "open world" type of game with a character who doesn't speak would be Rage or Borderlands. People talk to you, give you jobs, but you never answer them. And that's hardly a dialog.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I didn't assumed it. Rage / Borderlands aren't RPGs either. In fact, I came to dialog simply because of the Bethesda comment on the last page.

/Edit: By the way, just because a game has interactive dialog, it doesn't make it an RPG.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Casual gamers will be the death of us all

http://www.lazygamer...-too-difficult/

Well that sucks. If a solution is thrown in your face it kinda breaks immersion and sense of discovery. The way I play this kind of games is I do what comes naturally. Now I'll be in the mindset of not wanting to do this obvious thing spoon-fed for the benefit of idiots... But it's so obvious and natural... Ughh...

God I want to punch those people in the teeth...

Wait, people listened to the guards when they told them not to go somewhere?

In a game where you play as an assassin?

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

I think this is just a case of poor training by games that insult their customers rather than these people being outright stupid.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait, people listened to the guards when they told them not to go somewhere?

In a game where you play as an assassin?

That part stood out for me, too. Gamers really are getting more dumb.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Really, the moment this hobby burst out as a mainstream thing - that was the end of the possibility of a game demanding anything more from a player than what a below average/mediocre person could provide.

The bad part is, we still haven't truly reached the bottom.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

If devs can make the games they want to make and the non-braindead people want to play through kickstarters, publisers and their lobotomy-suitable games can go crashing down.

Maybe there is hope after all.

Valve, I love how lazy they are.

???

It is a joke... FYI.

Well, this stuff is kind of difficult to get on the Internet and you're not new to controversial opinions about successful developers, so it doesn't really hurt to aks.

Not at all... It's mostly because they have as much time as they need to develop their games, something which very very few companies have the pleasure of.

So obviously they're lazy, and need to stop taking so much time over making HL3 ;-)

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

So obviously they're lazy, and need to stop taking so much time over making HL3 ;-)

They're not lazy, they just want to do things right. And that takes time.

Valve > Starbreeze.

Obviously they're not lazy! Geez!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!