RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Weird case that, not sure if the BIS developers were really that careless.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the story goes they were making pictures of regular tourist attractions. but because of BIS and the Greek government having some bad blood between them that's how said government is trying to punish BIS

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Dragon Age III announced

An inquisition storyline in a new Dragon Age game was leaked in an EA survey in August. The survey said you, the player, would be the leader of a new establishment called The Inquisition. You'll have to root out the evil conspiring to bring the world of Ferelden into ruin.

Well I wasn't expecting that.

Nobody expects the inquisition.

*rimshot*

• Like 3

Why would BIS and the greek gov have bad blood for each other?

when BIS was in Greece previously scouting locations for ArmA 3, the local government tried to sue the company for "copyright infringement" (i.e. BIS was using Greece as location in their game without explicit permission). BIS won the lawsuit

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Dragon Age III announced

http://www.eurogamer...e-3-inquisition

No sleep for the Inquisition.

If it's anything like the DA2 demo it's an automatic :down: from me.

I didn't know you need the permission of a country if you make a game set in it.

I guess cash strapped Greece is looking an innovative new way

Edited by Syraxis

Dragon Age III announced

An inquisition storyline in a new Dragon Age game was leaked in an EA survey in August. The survey said you, the player, would be the leader of a new establishment called The Inquisition. You'll have to root out the evil conspiring to bring the world of Ferelden into ruin.

Well I wasn't expecting that.

The world of Ferelden? If I remember DA:O correctly, Ferelden was a small insignificant country in the corner of the map of a setting called Thedas (The Dragon Age Setting)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

ferelden can go burn in a fire. they should set DA3 in a completely new area and cut off all ties from parts 1 and 2.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

DA3 could be good if you're allowed as an Inquisitor to torture and burn every single NPC (and the PC) from the previous 2 games.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Frostbite 2? So it's Third Person?

Wonder if they are going to try quasi open world.... If you can't beat Bethesda, join them.

They're saying it's "based on" Frostbite 2, so you can't really draw any conclusions from that. I feel the need to address the second part of your post, but simply the word "Bethesda" causes violent retching in me.

Dragon Age III announced

http://www.eurogamer...e-3-inquisition

No sleep for the Inquisition.

If it's anything like the DA2 demo it's an automatic :down: from me.

So we have somebody else who played the worst demo ever and still goes around assuming that it was reflective of the final product? Please, let's leave the whining to the professional haters who at least played the game, they occasionally even provide something worthwhile... ;)

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Frostbite 2? So it's Third Person?

Wonder if they are going to try quasi open world.... If you can't beat Bethesda, join them.

They're saying it's "based on" Frostbite 2, so you can't really draw any conclusions from that.

True, but I haven't heard anything about awesome buttons. Makes me think it's all awesome.....

I feel the need to address the second part of your post, but simply the word "Bethesda" causes violent retching in me.

More than DA2 does? :grin:

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

More than DA2 does? :grin:

I'm the guy here who enjoyed DA2 more than DAO, so, yeah. Not going to rehash my points, especially since the replies I get to them can usually be summarised "trololol" ;)

Come to think of it, there have been two times when I've played a game I enjoyed while in a terrible state. The first time was FONV due to the Bethesda connection, the second was LA Noire, when I had actual food poisoning. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So we have somebody else who played the worst demo ever and still goes around assuming that it was reflective of the final product? Please, let's leave the whining to the professional haters who at least played the game, they occasionally even provide something worthwhile... ;)

I thought the demo was actually decent, and if anything made the game look better than it turned out actually being.

I thought the demo was actually decent, and if anything made the game look better than it turned out actually being.

I was one of those that passed on the game based on the demo. Were the expansions at least any good? I seem to remember reading something about some "Assassin" thing that should be better than the original campaign. If it ever come as something similar to a Steam super sale/bundle thing (whatever EA/Origins equivalent is), I might be tempted to satisfy my curiosity.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was one of those that passed on the game based on the demo. Were the expansions at least any good? I seem to remember reading something about some "Assassin" thing that should be better than the original campaign. If it ever come as something similar to a Steam super sale/bundle thing (whatever EA/Origins equivalent is), I might be tempted to satisfy my curiosity.

I didn't play the Assassin DLC but Lecacy was pretty good.

Legacy was mainly a dungeon crawl. They didn't do wave combat as far as I remember (or perhaps they did but it was handled better, I remember combat encounters being one of the things I was pleased about). All the companions had regular banter with the other companions. There were a couple of fun puzzles. The player got a unique weapon in which they had some choice over what it's bonuses were. There were a couple of interesting boss battles too but one of the last ones was very much like an MMO raid boss which will not be to everyone's taste.

I only tried one, the Mark of the assassin, I didn't complete it. I don't think it was bad..... Just didn't hold my interest. Had I liked Hawke, the other NPCs, the art style and the combat, it might of not been bad.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I really loved origins companions were fine, some of the side quests were amazing, spell and combat mechanics really cool, what I didn't like was main plot, "Yeah I'm big, chosen mother*****r against demon horde and my job is to save the world"

I completed second DA and even tried to beat once again but got bored, too little magic items, too little locations and once again you start as a peasant to become hero.

From companions I only liked Isabela rest of them were horrible. Actually story was quite good, but still in 3 we will have another become a hero story and I hate how bad story wise each parts are tied.