RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

KOTOR 2 finally released on Steam.

http://store.steampo...com/app/208580/

Wonder if it will make the top sellers today.

Instant purchase.

I just finished downloading it from Steam. Runs without a problem out of the box (mind you, only played Peragus for a bit) :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

KOTOR 2 finally released on Steam.

http://store.steampo...com/app/208580/

Wonder if it will make the top sellers today.

Instant purchase.

I'll wait for a sale.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't you people have this game already?

I imagine many people prefer playing it on Steam and not worrying about whether they can get the older disced version to run on their current rig.

Yeah, I did it about 3 weeks ago, and it was not the smoothest process in the world. (Also, there's a substantial delay when the game transitions to and from the videos.) If I could've paid $10 to skip all that, I would definitely have done so.

Don't you people have this game already?

When you live in a country that prints money, it's not an issue. Europe printed in March what Russia made from selling oil in the last ten years. I'm not even talking about the US. Knowing this, you really gotta ask?

Yeah, but who wants to undust that box, install the bugger from 4 CDs, and then search for the patches?

That sounds like a difficult task indeed.

The difference for me (having tried both) is that the cd version is a bitch to get working, the steam version worked without having to do anything other than "press play"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Did someone try to install the Restored Content patch on the Steam version of KOTOR 2? Does is work?

I tried it and it seemed to be working. The game launched and I saw the first couple bits of 'new' content from the mod.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wait, after just recently playing through the last one, how can there be another one? 4 seemed pretty final to me.

Snake is just about dead. Liquid/Ocelot dead. Patriots gone. Naomi dead. Even those once thought dead are dead again, every character from the back story dead, or moving on.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Wait, after just recently playing through the last one, how can there be another one? 4 seemed pretty final to me.

Snake is just about dead. Liquid/Ocelot dead. Patriots gone. Naomi dead. Even those once thought dead are dead again, every character from the back story dead, or moving on.

Peace Walker was originally titled 5. It even showed up as 5 on the teaser site. The series has 3 protagonists and at least 2 time periods. Introducing another character wouldn't be impossible or making it a prequel/interquel. And that's not discounting the possibility of just extending Snake's life a bit longer.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just recently checked out the beginning of MGS3 and found the writing hilarious bad, unfitting and pseudo-philosophical. I just want to start the damn game but I am listening for 10 minutes to two people talking about the sense of being a soldier. Urg. Granted, MGS always was like that, but to me it feels like they really took off a little bit too much since MGS3. Way too long cutscenes, pseudo-philosophical and soldier depressions (war romantic?) or something like that. Eh...

Just saying. I don't think I would need a MGS5.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."