Gamers Against Bigotry

The problem with reporting is that it's ripe for abuse. Some idiot isn't going to like what you say, then them and a bunch of their equally retarded friends are going to report you. And then good luck proving you weren't genuinely harassing anyone.

Hell all these same trolls will make better use of it and troll you by giving you pink text with hearts. <== By the way, sexist?

Edited by Fighter

I just think it's simpler to give you flexible options. Like muting/blocking someone (or everyone) from communicating with you forever. That way no other unqualified person is going to judge what is or isn't abuse.

Edited by Fighter

As long as it's not like World of WarCraft, where ignoring, blocking or muting someone just means they will jump on the next toon to keep going.

Im not sure if they do or not but Blizzard should give the option to ingore Battletags so that way you can ignore someone over the entire spectrum of Blizzard games.

Blizzards ignore list is absolutely useless, It has limited capacity, I have filled it up in less than two weeks after I engaged into PvP for the first time... After two weeks I had to spent every day like half hour, trying to filter, who is less retarded on my list, than the newest offender...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I just ignored the window in general, remember they feed off attention :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As long as it's not like World of WarCraft, where ignoring, blocking or muting someone just means they will jump on the next toon to keep going.

Then it seems that this is what needs to be pushed. More power and choice for the player to fine-tune their individual experience. Always a good thing, unlike regulation.

Gaming is full of some really horrible people. Then again, so are YouTube, Facebook, and 4chan. Unfortunately the public in general are just uncouth, horrible people when given a free expression medium and anonymity (and sometimes even anonymity isn't required - e.g. the Cronulla race riots). It's sad, and we'll probably evolve away from that as civilisation starts to fully wrap its head around the concept of the Internet (for example, once all generations alive were born after Facebook was invented humanity will obviously have a radically different social perspective to the people alive today).

See, no matter how bad (or more appropriately, laughable) the message, I think it's important to let the other guy talk. After, all, like I said earlier, a lot of folks on this board would love to see freedom of speech confined only by their own whims, which they would undoubtedly defend as purely sensible. It's not that I want to see obnoxious posts. It's just that I don't trust a small vocal minority to draw the line for us.

...And, for the most part, online gaming isn't all that bad. If you don't go out of your way to dwell on the jerks and don't take up your time answering their every obnoxious and intolerant statement, most games aren't really that bad. The worst is PvP, of course, but I don't know why someone who plays a game meant to visually simulate the carnage of war would be upset about someone beating his or her chest and acting like tarzan or, as also happens, being nasty to others based on his or her dubious concept of reason.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

A free exchange of ideas is one thing, telling someone "I hope you get raped" when they beat you in a game is something else entirely and has nothing to do with the concept free speech.

No, you are completely wrong. Free speech is a double edged sword, meaning that you also have to deal with opinions that socially inexcusable. You are not for free speech per se, but rather for non-offensive speech, usually bound to different layers of code of correctness. Atleast Tigranes was honest about non being pro-free speech.

This is exactly what i was talking about in my previous post.

Kinda relevant:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Gaming is full of some really horrible people. Then again, so are YouTube, Facebook, and 4chan. Unfortunately the public in general are just uncouth, horrible people when given a free expression medium and anonymity (and sometimes even anonymity isn't required - e.g. the Cronulla race riots). It's sad, and we'll probably evolve away from that as civilisation starts to fully wrap its head around the concept of the Internet (for example, once all generations alive were born after Facebook was invented humanity will obviously have a radically different social perspective to the people alive today).

I heard that tune before "Well' evolve away from that as civilization".

Society will continue to evolve away from those behaviors, but the underlining base instincts that drive us will continue to express themselves in other venues. Games are only but the most effective way so far for the reptilian brain to express itself. You simply cannot undo over a millennia of evolution set there to keep the species thriving, jerks on the Internet may well be one of the evils that the evolution of society has brought. They can thoughtlessly spout insults because they have no frame of reference on the real world to hold them back.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't want to burst bubbles here, but spiritually the man almost hasn't evolved for at least 2 thousand years.

I really don't know what the hell you're all talking about here.

We love racial slurs and offensive stereotypes (they're funny) and we love segregation (white man hates living in ghettos, etc), we all experience schadenfreude and feel good about it. Everyone who says they're different is either evolutionary trash (they won't compete, etc, probably not enough testosterone) or big liars or brainwashed by politically correct media into believing some magical stories about fairies and the goodness of human heart, etc. Wake up, you used to gas Jews just 70 years ago by millions, you send Japanese into concentration camps, and a bit earlier you threw millions into a completely imperialistic world war (the first one) to capture foreign markets. And now suddenly you're all good? And "****" is a bad word? Cool story.

Edited by Delfosse

New technology doesn't make us more sensitive or better people. Easier access to greater numbers of 'friends' doesn't make up for the lack of personal contact. I would say that the anonymity afforded by technology encourages us towards less tolerance rather than more. It's our responsibility to make sure we police ourselves on the internet, not only because it's good for other people but just as much because it's good for our own person.

Even in actual warfare, the ability to kill people by use of remote control drones depersonalizes the target to the point where it might as well be a video game. That won't help us evolve to these spiritual beings of goodness and light, the idea of which I find often promoted by rather intolerant people in the first place. Nevertheless, online or in the grocery store, most people are pretty decent to one another. Yeah, you have gulags and gas chambers and atom bombs, but we've done a remarkably good job being good to one another. There will always be conflict over resources on the physical side and ideology on the spiritual side, but most of the time we just live our lives and go about our business.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So where you live is different. Huh. Well at least you don't feel sorry for the 46 million people who live under the poverty line where you live. Or for the 22 thousand Libyan women and children that your representative government bombed out of existence for the oil. Or for whoever. It's cool to know that I'm somehow privileged. Just don't send humanitarian help my way, I treasure my house and my life. Thanks buddy!

It is funny how people do hate other nationalities for things done in the past, understandable but also silly at the same time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't want to burst bubbles here, but spiritually the man almost hasn't evolved for at least 2 thousand years.

I really don't know what the hell you're all talking about here.

We love racial slurs and offensive stereotypes (they're funny) and we love segregation (white man hates living in ghettos, etc), we all experience schadenfreude and feel good about it. Everyone who says they're different is either evolutionary trash (they won't compete, etc, probably not enough testosterone) or big liars or brainwashed by politically correct media into believing some magical stories about fairies and the goodness of human heart, etc. Wake up, you used to gas Jews just 70 years ago by millions, you send Japanese into concentration camps, and a bit earlier you threw millions into a completely imperialistic world war (the first one) to capture foreign markets. And now suddenly you're all good? And "****" is a bad word? Cool story.

So if you're not a jerk your either brain-washed or not evolving? LOL.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

So where you live is different. Huh. Well at least you don't feel sorry for the 46 million people who live under the poverty line where you live. Or for the 22 thousand Libyan women and children that your representative government bombed out of existence for the oil. Or for whoever. It's cool to know that I'm somehow privileged. Just don't send humanitarian help my way, I treasure my house and my life. Thanks buddy!

It's a common mistake, but I'm not actually the President, so your rant is a bit misdirected.

Have you ever been to the US? You seem to have a lot of confusion about the country. I've never been to Russia, so I won't pretend to know what it is like.

• Like 1

Cynical altruism, talk about an oxymoron.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Cynical altruism, talk about an oxymoron.

Form. Content. Google those 2 words.

Have you ever been to the US? You seem to have a lot of confusion about the country.

Open a new thread, write what I'm confused about, send me a link to PM and I'll educate you about your own country in ways you can't imagine. Can't do it here, Tigranes allows to talk about human soul with examples in video games, but not with examples in the real world when people die for example, cause that's just a silly off-topic.

Edited by Delfosse