Hi Obsidian Entertainment.

I am a big RPG Fan and a Southpark Fan as well.

But there is one big question:

Why is there a platform specific pre order bonuses?

I really like the Mysterion, I like everything about South Park,

why am I excluded?

You know I get that there are always day one DLC,

I personally hate them, but they are here and I can live with it.

But that X-Box users get an advantage about PC or PS3 is,

to stay in South Park manner, "bull....".

I wanted to Pre-Order the game via Steam 100%.

But I feel like a second rate customer,

cause I know that X-Box users get 3 extras

I will have to pay or that will probably

never be available for me.

I just wanted to tell you that this is a drawback

and may lead to not buying the game headstart on

and wait for a steamsale.

If I can't get all pre-orders, may as well wait...

This shall not be a threat or in any way be a harassment,

but I thought you would need feedback on the things you

decide form a fan persperctive.

With best regards Patze

Edited by Patze

I doubt Obsidian Entertainment chose this. Publishers decide things like this. Just like Zenimax and DLC for Bethesda's TES and Fallout games are timed exclusives for Xbox 360. They've probably struck a fairly lucrative deal to be able to ignore less sales. Warner Bros did the same for Batman: Arkham Asylum, DLC that was on the PS3, but not on Xbox 360. I doubt Rocksteady had any imput in where the DLC would be available.

I don't think this is an excuse.

We have to pay for the game, just like X-Boxers.

Wich company gives it's customers the middlefinger and says:

"You are just 2nd rate customers, try it the next door."

And slams the door shut in your face.

This is what they do.

I don't think this is an excuse.

We have to pay for the game, just like X-Boxers.

Wich company gives it's customers the middlefinger and says:

"You are just 2nd rate customers, try it the next door."

And slams the door shut in your face.

This is what they do.

This still doesn't change the fact that Obsidian has no influence on the pre-order decision. If you want to complain, complain to thq. Better use of your time.

Edited by C2B

Sadly, day one DLCs suck and platform exclusives suck even more, but they seem to have firmly stabilised as an industry norm. Whatever Obsidian might have wanted (which we don't know), I doubt there's much that can be done, though talking about how much it sucks can't hurt.

I sometimes wonder if these "exclusive" dlc's are running contrary to the basic nature of rpg enthusiasts? Making broad, sweeping and ill informed generalisations, i'd say that your average rpg-er is somewhat of a completionist and a micro manager, thus the popularity of meaningless achievement hunting on Steam and such. In fact i'd say that i'm a little OCD about completing games, trawling through every quest and conversation so that I might experience the entire product. Exclusive dlc seems to fly in the face of this, we're left feeling that our playthrough is incomplete and unfinished even if the missing content is meaningless and trivial.

Perhaps there is another way of offering this content? Unlocks upon game completion for instance, thus incentivising another playthrough, encouraging customer good will and keeping the product (and any future expansion packs and dlc) forefront in the players mind.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

• 2 months later...

Why isn't there more people pissed off here? Seriously!

PS3 and PC owners, we're not gonna ****ing play the entire game. I hope you realize that, and go try and get your cash back from your pre-order.

I also hope Obsidian, THQ, and South Park Studios realize that this choice is a clear "**** you!" to the entire gaming community. Microsoft has this habit of paying Devs to have exclusive **** on their console, and they never hid that fact. But now, punishing the gamers for not chosing their products? Punishing fans of a 16 year old TV show because they're with the competition? Is this really the direction gaming is supposed to be going? I did not buy an Xbox360 because most of its components were out-dated when the console was released, there was also this RROD epidemic, the pay-to-connect fee, the awkward controller, and lack of good games at launch. I got scared and got a PC instead. I paid 2000$ more than any xbox or ps3 owner for my console, and paid the extra 150$ for Windows 7 Ultimate Edition... But how much more ****ing money do I need to dish out to Microsoft to own a full South Park game? PC owners are part of the Microsoft family too, ****!

I hope the game comes with a little bottle of perfume, cuz I'd want to at least smell good before they **** me.

Is the game cheaper on other plateforms, when taken into account that there is content missing?

Edited by Cuillere

Why isn't there more people pissed off here? Seriously!

PS3 and PC owners, we're not gonna ****ing play the entire game. I hope you realize that, and go try and get your cash back from your pre-order.

I also hope Obsidian, THQ, and South Park Studios realize that this choice is a clear "**** you!" to the entire gaming community. Microsoft has this habit of paying Devs to have exclusive **** on their console, and they never hid that fact. But now, punishing the gamers for not chosing their products? Punishing fans of a 16 year old TV show because they're with the competition? Is this really the direction gaming is supposed to be going? I did not buy an Xbox360 because most of its components were out-dated when the console was released, there was also this RROD epidemic, the pay-to-connect fee, the awkward controller, and lack of good games at launch. I got scared and got a PC instead. I paid 2000$ more than any xbox or ps3 owner for my console, and paid the extra 150$ for Windows 7 Ultimate Edition... But how much more ****ing money do I need to dish out to Microsoft to own a full South Park game? PC owners are part of the Microsoft family too, ****!

I hope the game comes with a little bottle of perfume, cuz I'd want to at least smell good before they **** me.

Is the game cheaper on other plateforms, when taken into account that there is content missing?

I take it you didn't read a single word that has been written on this thread?

This still doesn't change the fact that Obsidian has no influence on the pre-order decision. If you want to complain, complain to thq. Better use of your time.