STEAM!

Gorth

I got Fallen Enchantress. Seems like a good game, but haven't had time to do more than have a glance at it.

Also got Walking Dead now that all episodes are out.

Can't remember if I got anything else. Mostly wasn't interested in anything.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The THQ Bundle is worth every penny you're willing to pay: http://www.humblebundle.com/

An awesome deal... :)

Except, I've already bought the ones I would want from the bundle. Darn.

Bought Endless Space (emperors edition) at 50% off. Still looking for something to strike that right balance that Moo2 had.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bought Endless Space (emperors edition) at 50% off. Still looking for something to strike that right balance that Moo2 had.

While it's not Moo2, Endless Space is still one good game :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The THQ Bundle is worth every penny you're willing to pay: http://www.humblebundle.com/

An awesome deal... :)

Except, I've already bought the ones I would want from the bundle. Darn.

Their own CEO bought it for a million bucks, donated to charity
  • Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...

So... Jade Empire is on sale now.

Should I get it?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Jade Empire? Badly unbalanced, boring, awesome button combat; what should have been a nice unusual/ underused setting turned into cliche worse then The Sword Coast, characters that were the epitome of the Korgarous Wrexwind school of Bioware trope and a main storyline that was about as obvious as it's possible to be. The art direction was rather nice, but has probably aged badly

If you think to yourself "what I really want is a KOTOR game with more but blander characters, blander story and blander combat" then you should pick it up, else it cannot be recommended. Probably the worst game I've ever played to completion- sad really, as it had lots of potential that it never lived up to, and that potential was pretty much the only thing that kept me playing. At least it's short.

So... Jade Empire is on sale now.

Should I get it?

Do you like BioWare games? It's very much like other BioWare games, and introduced a lot of the things you find in later BioWare games like the Mass Effect series. The gameplay is not balanced at all, and the combat is really simple. AFAIK this is Bioware's first and only attempt at a beat 'em up, it's virtually only timing attacks. Some builds are incredibly over powered, others are extremely weak, so choose wisely. I thought the voice acting sucked apart from John Cleese, it has Nathan Fillion too (surprisingly not good voice acting). The story is typical BioWare, meaning it blows. The characters are mostly annoying animé clichés, the others are very similar to characters in BioWare's other games, bland and facile, no personality or interests beyond service to the story and player. The art direction is superb, it's a really great looking game even if the fidelity wasn't good at the time of release. The camera is frustrating and it's a very linear game, the areas are usually very narrow corridors, even outside. It's not exactly expensive, definitely give it a try unless you don't like BioWare games, even just to see the art work that went into the game.

jade empire was pretty bad

but if you are really bored and craving a game like kotor but 30% worse in every way then you could spend your money on worse games

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Jade Empire COULD have been interesting as there are so few western takes on an Oriental setting (another example being Prince of Qin). It's a shame it's just KOTOR in an eastern wrapper.

On the other hand, the Japanese have many games where elements of western history/religion/philosophy/mythology are used - Shadow Hearts, Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears, Xenosaga, etc. They recently even dabbled in Tolkienesque fantasy with Dragon's dogma.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I really wanted to like Jade Empire. I stuck with it until I got to the first town, and then I just couldn't bring myself to play it anymore. Kinda how things went for me with The Witcher.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Guess not then.

Well, good thing I got enough games still (and the x-mas sale will be coming up).

Thanks all!

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I figured the price of admission ($3.75) made it worth it, just to satisfy my curiosity and try to install it. If it sucks, I've wasted less than my daily coffee at the Cafe next door.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

One thing I noticed is the UI elements were all stretched and weird. Only two years between them, but it's interesting to see how ME has aged, technologically at least, so much better than JE. I've only played the tutorial, several months ago, and haven't really had the urge to pick it back up since then.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

One thing I noticed is the UI elements were all stretched and weird. Only two years between them, but it's interesting to see how ME has aged, technologically at least, so much better than JE. I've only played the tutorial, several months ago, and haven't really had the urge to pick it back up since then.

Jade Empire was made for the original Xbox, Mass Effect was made for the Xbox 360.

Can you guys tell me if there's a Steam-like store for PlayStation 3 games?

the PSN has full games on it now. AND it has "classics" pulled from previous systems that are hard to find (Xenogears, Suikoden 1, Shadow of the Colossus, and ICO are all on there)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Can you guys tell me if there's a Steam-like store for PlayStation 3 games?

the PSN has full games on it now. AND it has "classics" pulled from previous systems that are hard to find (Xenogears, Suikoden 1, Shadow of the Colossus, and ICO are all on there)

Right, thanks!