STEAM!

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Hmm, have only bought a few DLC's during this sale. Maybe I've just got the games I want or they don't release that many "interesting" games lately. Most of my purchases the last few months seems to have been either Gamersgate or Gamersgate games redeemed on Steam.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

As far as I know, the only mac version of KOTOR2 is the pc version in some kind of wrapper... So yeah, still waiting!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1393-think-the-tslrcm-can-work-on-a-mac/

It's not like Mac-support is common even for current games. So, it's pretty unlikely to happen for older games these days still.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

http://deadlystream....-work-on-a-mac/

It's not like Mac-support is common even for current games. So, it's pretty unlikely to happen for older games these days still.

Yet it just got added for KOTOR(1) and BG (which also always had a mac version. albeit a seriously outdated one) is getting one in a few months (BGEE). I eagerly anticipate what non-information you will post next.

Edited by Nepenthe

Well, didn't get much this sale. Bought Hard Reset, Hitman series, Runaway 3, Space Marine and Raven Shield and just got Saints Row 3. Friends have been talking that one up.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Does anyone else get somewhat sick after playing Saints Row? The camera just really seems to screw my eyes up along with the mouse sensitivity which feels so light like the world is made of cardboard. The game just feels weird to play.

Jade Empire is $3.74 today. I nabbed it as I've been waiting for it to drop from it's ridiculous $15 point. Always loved the soundtrack and setting of this game and the character's aren't half bad. The only problem is that you'll probably have to do some tinkering to get the game to run on Windows 7/vista.

Does anyone else get somewhat sick after playing Saints Row? The camera just really seems to screw my eyes up along with the mouse sensitivity which feels so light like the world is made of cardboard. The game just feels weird to play.

Might be a FoV issue.

Try a mod that gives you at least 80-90 degrees and see if that makes any difference.

Edited by pmp10

If it wasn't because I had gotten SR3 dirt cheap ($8 or so?) on a previous heavy discount sale, I would have felt robbed. Haven't managed to get it to run properly yet because the stupid piece of software zealously insists that my Saitek 52 Pro flight stick and throttle is an xbox game pad and will not let me use mouse and keyboard only as controls. Stupid, stupid stupid!... >_

No, I'm not going to unplug and replug my hardware just for playing one game.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Jade Empire is $3.74 today. I nabbed it as I've been waiting for it to drop from it's ridiculous $15 point. Always loved the soundtrack and setting of this game and the character's aren't half bad. The only problem is that you'll probably have to do some tinkering to get the game to run on Windows 7/vista.

I played it this year and don't remember having a lot of issues running it on Win 7 64 bits.

If it wasn't because I had gotten SR3 dirt cheap ($8 or so?) on a previous heavy discount sale, I would have felt robbed. Haven't managed to get it to run properly yet because the stupid piece of software zealously insists that my Saitek 52 Pro flight stick and throttle is an xbox game pad and will not let me use mouse and keyboard only as controls. Stupid, stupid stupid!... >_<

No, I'm not going to unplug and replug my hardware just for playing one game.

Did the same thing, and got the same problem with my CH F-16 Fighterstick - indeed worse because it insists that my stick is being maxed out on the Y-axis while I'm not touching it, so the player character is permanently gazing at the ceiling. Not clever.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yet it just got added for KOTOR(1) and BG (which also always had a mac version. albeit a seriously outdated one) is getting one in a few months (BGEE). I eagerly anticipate what non-information you will post next.

You do know LA rather forgets it ever made KOTOR2, right? But well, your loss.

Bought Deathspank 1 and 2 on the last day. Was 50% off all around, but hoped for a 75% sale some day. But nope, always the same few titles... :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You do know LA rather forgets it ever made KOTOR2, right?

People like to say this, but I've seen no evidence. They were shipping out DVD copies in the past couple years and they're planning a collected edition with both 1 and 2 for this year that claims Windows 7 compatibility.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Might be a FoV issue.

Try a mod that gives you at least 80-90 degrees and see if that makes any difference.

Got a mod. It definetly helps, though still feel slightly queezy, but it's much better. The only problem now is that the game freezes everytime when i try to start the "party time" mission. Not sure if it's the mod or just the game, but I'll have to investigate later. Ahh, sometimes it ain't easy being a gamer. :no:

Heh, deleted the file - but "Party Time" still freezes and shuts down the game every time. Tired of these buggy games and that's part of the reason why I always wait till games get around $10 before I buy. Most games arent good enough to offset the trouble they cause.

I bought some stuff from my wishlist, DS3, Bloodlines and Galactic Civilizations II included - anyone played the last one recently? Last time I tried it, it had some serious crash to desktop problems under XP...

Also played some Bastion in my limited free time - near the end of the story now, and it's a nice example of trying to bring out the best from a game engine despite it's limitations. The narrator is sometimes pretty funny, too. I don't like the character art though.

Also, any 'recommended' things for a Bloodlines install?

I prefer playing Bloodlines as it is. The added stuff just doesn't feel right to me, unless you need a patch to actually get the game running, which is possible. I can't run it without using a cracked Exe for whatever reason, and before I startup Steam, I slip the original Exe back in the folder, just incase Steam checks it.

Saw two games that might interest me some day. Anybody tried Prototype 2? Is it any good? Looking for a shooter that isn't too hard and a story that would make me bother actually finishing it (the two "Watchmen: The end is Nigh" games got it right for my taste). Might wait until it gets down a bit in price. The other one was Legends of Pegasus. Starving for a decent 4x game. Looks interesting, but unfortunately the blurb just states "mixes real-time and turn-based strategy". If it's just another RTS, I think I'll pass.

I snagged Crusader Kings 2 with Sword of Islam for 12 bucks total as well as the Shogun 2:Total War pack for 20 bucks a couple weeks ago. Money well spent.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Saw two games that might interest me some day. Anybody tried Prototype 2? Is it any good?

Haven't played it, but since Activision killed the studio right after release, it's probably actually good. :p

Saw two games that might interest me some day. Anybody tried Prototype 2? Is it any good?

Haven't played it, but since Activision killed the studio right after release, it's probably actually good. :p

Makes sense... in a bizarre way :sweat:

Guest Slinky

Makes sense... in a bizarre way :sweat:

Apparently the game is fun, but the PC port has god awful controls with mouse/keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...

So is there any cunning way, or some setting I'm oblivious to.. that will actually let you play a game that's on steam.. and still let it download stuff in the background?

This automatic "pause" to all downloads whenever you play games is kind of annoying...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."