Just wanted to mention...

Hi,

I registered here to mention some things happend around Fallout New Vegas in another forum.

First of all I've to be honest with my own opinion.

I didn't like New Vegas from the beginning but after those much DLCs and some Mods I really start to enjoy the game.

Therefore I tried to calm down a hater since he started a reportage of "What a piece of **** Fallout New Vegas is!".

It happend in my favourite german game forum where I thought that a subjective opinion is said in a few posts but this guy already made a whole thread and some Youtube-Videos which he commented in german.

All he says about the game and about the company and their programming is not very healthy for the guys from obsidian nor the image of the game.

After I told him that I don't like his subjective hater reportage and said that there also exists people who really like the game he started to ignore me but continued with the reportage and got even more personally of how much he dislikes the game.

Just wanted to inform the company who developed the game about this reportage.

It's possible that this is uninteresting for such a big company but I thought it would be better if I mention such a thing since it is not good for business if someone generalising his negative opinion of the game and a whole company.

Since even if he don't like the game there is no reason for overreacting by making a hater campaign.

Here the thread: http://www.globalgam...-Erlebnisthread

Here the first video of the youtube reportage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vJ0PsGC8hs&feature=plcp

I got banned because I want to make clear that it's injustice casting a whole company in a bad light.

He called the mods and said that he is personally attacked just because I found his reportage very offensive.

Therefore I just want to mention that here in the official obsidian forum because in my point of view this is a harmful action against the whole company just because of the dislike of one game (he loved Fallout 3 by the way...).

This guy isn't a official critic nor is he a game developer (he just modded his Fallout 3 a bit) so I have no idea why he is behaving like his opinion should be treated like the one of some professional and I just be interested what a official member of Obsidian Entertainment say to such a behaviour.

Cheers

Edited by AltDunmer

I'm sorry, but why the hell should Obsidian care if some guy didn't like their game?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Moved to gaming section. Read a bit of the text. Got too painful to read about the point where he whinges about his low level character getting killed by cazadores. Some people are just starved for attention.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

random gamer #43827794 hates super mario bros, halo, "brown" games.

loves gears of war, call of duty black ops.

opinion: who cares?

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Hi

Greetings :)

Is your profil pic not the bad guy from Aliens?

I really like that movie ;)

opinion: who cares?

Well after it seems criticising a game like a pseudo professional got into fashion (Mass Effect 3, ...) I just want to mention that.

I know that there are people who like games and who don't.

Just wanted to try to tell him that this reportage don't help anyone. Much Open-World-Games have bugs so beeing this subjective to New Vegas isn't quite a fair opinion.

But you're right :)

Thank you for being a champion of Obsidian.

I have no personal interest in this company I just don't think it is good for their business if someone behave this childish and make a reportage of 50 videos where one take half a hour and is full of "how bad this game is".

Actually I also have no problem with this guy since some of his other reportages are quite ok.

But it seems he has a personal problem with this game...

I just don't get why he is playing if he don't like it.

Some humans are weird... Well I am also not the better one ^^

I'm sorry, but why the hell should Obsidian care if some guy didn't like their game?

They don't have to.

But he don't just not like the game. He is making a weird reportage of how bad it is and "every normal player should not play it".

This is the statement of his work and if someone say that this is just a subjective reportage he gots mad XD

Some people are just starved for attention.

Actually I didn't want to judge him like this, since I also confront him with that and the quarrel started so I stopped saying this to him.

But I have no doubt anymore that he just wants to be some gaming "hero" ^^

Edited by AltDunmer

Honestly speaking, I think you have drawn more attention to the video this way. I'd be surprised if anyone had heard of them here. Plus, uh, free speech and all, so if the author of the video wants to let people how much he (? sounds like a man from the video, hopefully I didn't pick the gender wrong) hates the game.. ehr, sure, why not? I don't agree that New Vegas is bad but whatever.

Didn't read everything. Just want to note: The guy who makes this "reportage" is a douchebag and has no clue about Fallout anyway. Just check out how he plays Fallout 3 (with mods, such as 10x more mobs, faster running, more and bigger guns that kill with 1 hit, etc. etc.) and you will notice that he doesn't want to play a Fallout game at all (well and while we are at it, just look at how he plays New Vegas. Attacks a deathclaw with a low-level character and reloads everytime he gets hit and then complains that the game is shait, because you have to reload so much).

His New Vegas playthrough is full of errors about Fallout and New Vegas' setting and everyone who invests some time to check his facts will notice this too.

The guy even wrote a hilarious bad book about some game stuff and can't be taken seriously. Not more to say about this.

/Edit: Also I just see that you deleted your account on that forum? Probably for the better, because the administration isn't a fan of anyone who isn't a fan of their opinion. :> I stopped posting there a long time ago, it just makes no sense.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Plus, uh, free speech and all

Yeah... But everyone has free speech so why does he not concede me my right to don't like his reportage?

He rather get personally offended instead of just accepting my opinion.

I didn't want him to stop I just wanted him to understand that I don't share his view because it is obviously unfairly bad for the image of the game and the developers :o

Just wondered where the f*** the problem was...

I think you have drawn more attention to the video this way.

Logically right.

Unfortunately I don't like to be minded as "the bad boy".

My conscience is trying to kill me even if there is no real reason to feel bad.

So even if it wasn't my goal to drawn attention to it, I had to mention that because I wanted to know how others think about this reportage for beeing sure that my point of view wasn't generally this bad that it even cannot be accepted and resulted in a ban because of the lack of communication.

It helps a lot getting rid of this unwarranted feelings.

*sigh* Not easy beeing the human I am :p

@Lexx

Thanks, for sharing that opinion with me :)

EDIT:

It was my second account in that forum. I was formerly known as ENC but I left because... well times are changing, humans get older... I stopped having interest in such a climate like there.

After I translated some mods for New Vegas I registered again just for linking to them since german users COULD have fun with this translations.

Then I started to react in this hater thread until he didn't want to conversate with me.

I think I will follow your example ;) It really makes no sense.

Edited by AltDunmer

I was gonna buy Fallout New Vegas in a few days, but after watching these videos, no thanks! I'm gonna tell all my friends not to buy either. Bweh!

The guy's "reportage" is very helpful.

Edited by Delfosse

Seems like the gentleman has found something to obsess over, that's not the hard part. It's letting go, ask Dean Domino.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I stand by the guy's right to hate and spread as much negativity as he likes

Actually this is no right.

It's a personal and a emotional decision or it's just a decision of weakness for being a

douchebag

@Delfosse

I've never said that it won't be helpful of documenting bugs but doing a series of how much someone don't like a game is quite hilarious.

This hateful energy could be invested in something better.

I didn't like New Vegas from the beginning so I started to translate some mods and provided them for other users.

But I don't say that my opinion about the game should be generally the opinion of every "normal" gamer.

Something he say in his first video...

I'm just disappointed of such a obviously ignorance of other opinions.

Edited by AltDunmer

so, is the guy in question actually a game journalist?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Nah, just some normal dude. But he has a hair fetish or something, afaik. Likes to talk about hair often and gives it strange names.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."