Saving levels

Since you start Kotor2 as a Jedi does that mean the "saving level" trick will be a thing of the past? Or will players be saving all their experience to make a prestige class this time?

You aren't forced to do it but Jedi were so much better that it made sense to wait. The prestige classes do appear to be high level which should rectify this problem. I always thought it weird to put your abilities on 'hold'.

I don't think so, you will probably have to be a certain level and meet certain feet and skill requirements to choose a prestige class. So not leveling up will not make a great deal of sense. At least not to the degree in KotOR 1.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I don't think so, you will probably have to be a certain level and meet certain feet and skill requirements to choose a prestige class. So not leveling up will not make a great deal of sense.

Yeah, that's how I think it will be. At least I hope so. I just want to play and level up naturally, not worry about saving experience for later.

You aren't forced to do it but Jedi were so much better that it made sense to wait. The prestige classes do appear to be high level which should rectify this problem. I always thought it weird to put your abilities on 'hold'.

Did it really make sense, though? You ended up just moving difficulty from one part of the game to another, and the 2/18 builds really aren't all that much better than 8/12 builds. Sure, it's cooler to have more force points and powers, but it doesn't make you all that much stronger - unless you didn't think about which powers to learn.

I thought it did, I was much more powerful at the end of the game with a 2/18 sentinel, than I was with a 7/13 guardian, my guardian ran for his life most of the time, but the sentinel kicked malak's behind all over the star forge.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.