Serious Coop Camera?

What happened is that this isn't DS1 or 2. The gameplay is quite different, and as designed there's no point in allowing players to move completely away from each other.

Note that the camera is, by all accounts, too cramped for three and four players. If that is your complaint, you are, by my estimation completely right in feeling aggrieved. For two players, however, which is what you seem to be doing, it is perfectly fine. There's absolutely no reason in the course of gameplay to leave your co-op partner standing somewhere.

For reference, check the feedback from DS1 and 2 fans on the forums, at the time of release. Fans of the series were angry. Other people not so much.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

For reference, check the feedback from DS1 and 2 fans on the forums, at the time of release. Fans of the series were angry. Other people not so much.

And people who suck playing with a mouse. :p

And 2-3 choice trolls.

DS3 was built from the ground up with couch-coop in mind. In other words, the experience of sharing the same screen, playing together (rather than people wandering off), not having to suffer split screens if you are on the same machine, etc. After that, there seemed to have been certain limitations, possibly with the current generation console capabilities, that made the camera restrictive, too restrictive for comfortable 4-person coop.

Anyway, if you fancy a multiplayer where everyone can go wherever they want and have their own screens, unfortunately, DS3 is unlikely to get that, well, ever - the publisher is no longer funding Obsidian to support the game.