What you did today

Tale

Have been told that my job and store sounds like the seventh level of hell to work at because I come home and bitch about it for about 30 minutes after I work.

But hey, at least I start classes to be a manager so I can get a better management job elsewhere.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today I found out that my dad is dying from advanced bowel and liver cancer, still in shellshock really, just trying to keep my mind busy, after such a good weekend with Project Eternity it's really kind of sucky, I'll deal with it but it's hard.

*edit*

Reading it in words is so freaky...

Edited by WDeranged

Pathfinder prep for my P&P RPG campaign and some other dry, though exciting things, that really does not translate well into the land'o'cyber. Going walk-about with the Pack now ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I am so sorry to hear this WDeranged. Light & Prayer as you and your family navigate this certainly sucky time!

Today I found out that my dad is dying from advanced bowel and liver cancer, still in shellshock really, just trying to keep my mind busy, after such a good weekend with Project Eternity it's really kind of sucky, I'll deal with it but it's hard.

*edit*

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

That is definitely sucky, my sympathies and thoughts. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*edit*

Well, that's unpleasant to deal with. You have my sympathies - hope you make most of however long you have with him.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thanks guys, I'm quite messed up about it as me and my Dad are close but kind words do help in a very odd kind of way, currently the details are sketchy, last I heard the docs said he was all clear and on his way to a good (if very infirm) old age. On my Mum's insistence they did another scan, the docs resisted and predicted it would show nothing but they found his liver and upper bowel to be very cancerous and an embolism on a major artery in his heart, a ****ing hat-trick of death.

When the doctor told them the results they were obviously shocked, they didn't ask how much time he might have or how treatable it is, so my first task is to see a doctor with them and ask these questions, my Dad intends to refuse treatment but I've asked him to at least find out what his options are before making a final decision.

Beyond that I'll be doing my best to ensure Dad does everything he wants in the time he has left...bloody hell :(

Well they are putting their money in - I probably should give to that, the trending graph on that is taking a nice dive, heh. Borderlands 2 today!...well ok no, Amazon's getting me it on the 26th or so, meh. I guess I'll have to get a new pen to make this day brighter.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trying to get some home stuff done before I get wrapped up in playing video games again today, but I suspect this will be a week of neglecting some chores. :lol:

Glad the forum work last night seemed to improve things ... 700-800 people on here and it's not crashing (just a little slow at times). It got a little busy here in the past now and then, but this has been crazy! ... and it's awesome!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I spent almost the whole working day watching Project Eternity's forum.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Same old same old. Finished repairing an infected system here at work. By "repair" I mean I flattened the thing and reinstalled everything. Got the user back up and running, e-mail, found out our server password doesn't work, fixed that.

The joys of small business. I get to be the IT department.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

First day of classes today. Totally ready for another year of learning and awkward social interaction!

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Hubby is playing Borderlands 2 as I speak...it's so adorable it makes me want to dance.

imp10.gif <---this sprite apparently steps in time to Katy Perry music...

Edited by LadyCrimson

Working over my resume (read : adding more lies) as I'm getting ready to job hunt before they tire of me around here. Crappy skillset too, so maybe going back to school might be an option, heh.

The usual domestic stuff. In another one of those phases where I can't seem to sleep for more than 4 hours before waking up, again. And no, it's not video games. ;)

Speaking of vid. games, that's what I'm going to do next. Hubs and I are going to start new chrs. to check out how co-op in BL2 feels. This should get interesting.