What you did today

Tale

Saw Obsid was teason something, figured I should be back... Hi guys!

• Like 1
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

So is the new Obs "mystery thing" the reason for the forums being so very slow this early morning? ;)

Been doing a "Fall cleaning" this week. As I get older I find myself wanting to hang on to less and less "stuff." Every annual cleaning I toss more and more things out. Don't want to deal with storing tons of boxes full of items long-term anymore. Not like I remember where I put them, or even that I have them, half the time, anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been doing a "Fall cleaning" this week. As I get older I find myself wanting to hang on to less and less "stuff." Every annual cleaning I toss more and more things out. Don't want to deal with storing tons of boxes full of items long-term anymore. Not like I remember where I put them, or even that I have them, half the time, anyway.

I find myself throwing out more and more stuff every annual cleaning too. Difference is, I'm a box fetishist, so I tend to hang on to the empty boxes that stuff came in and so the boxes tend to pile up. Why would anybody throw out a perfectly good box???

Saw Obsid was teason something, figured I should be back... Hi guys!

Hi :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I find myself throwing out more and more stuff every annual cleaning too. Difference is, I'm a box fetishist, so I tend to hang on to the empty boxes that stuff came in and so the boxes tend to pile up. Why would anybody throw out a perfectly good box???

I do that too, but I'm picky and will only keep the very strong/sturdy boxes. I also hang on to way too many old foam mattress pads/blankets, because they're great for cutting up and putting in cat beds. Actually, half the boxes end up as cat toys/houses, too. I made a "cat tower" out of heavy boxes and a lot of packing tape, once. :blush:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think I might be sick.

Yesterday: Symptoms consistent with allergies.

Last night: Overheating

This morning: Sore throat, light sensitivity

Currently: Minor light sensitivity, congestion.

Give it to me straight, doc, how long do I have to live?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, dear patient, it sounds like a clear case of severe sexual frustration, commonly seen in patients with no sex life since 1983.

Take two get laid and call me in the morning.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, dear patient, it sounds like a clear case of severe sexual frustration, commonly seen in patients with no sex life since 1983.

Take two get laid and call me in the morning.

Do I see your nurse for that script?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Give it to me straight, doc, how long do I have to live?

If a severe headache and a green-spotted rash appear, then 4.5 days. Otherwise, you're fine. 8)

This week is going by so slowly ... a rarity considering normally time goes by faster and faster every month. I'm assuming it's because I'm waiting for BL2 and now, of course, this mystery ProjectX thingie.

I don't like waiting. :cat:

This is getting annoying. I'm tired as hell but when I try to go to sleep, it's the lightest sleep possible and even the smallest noise will wake me... and I'll spend 2-4 hours just lying in bed in a strange twilight zone where it feels like my entire body is asleep and my mind is blank... but I'm not actually asleep.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Heh, so the owner and MD of the small company I've been sort of working for the last year was headhunted about 5 months ago. He kept ownership, but got someone else to take over as MD. Now, the current MD has been headhunted. If we don't get the current project pushed forth and actually accepted in the next 3 months.. That means the company pretty much goes into stasis and I've got to make some valiant effort at looking for another job.

And because it's all "project based" rather then regularl pay cheque.. it could mean I've spent the last 12 months trying to do all this work..without any actual pay..

Although the current joke is, that they'll make me the MD just so I can put it on my CV and get headhunted 5 months down the line....

Project based work. It can be great when things work, when it doesn't.. it leaves you in a rather awkward place.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You should become MD. Whatever that is, it sounds like the boss.

I'm not sure whether i should just groan, or make some attempt to slap the back of your head over the internet for that line...

You should become MD. Whatever that is, it sounds like the boss.

I'm not sure whether i should just groan, or make some attempt to slap the back of your head over the internet for that line...

All I can think of is Maryland or a medical doctor and you can't just be Maryland. Believe me, I've tried

:lol: Seriously, like ShadySands I figured it means Director.

Yeah. "Managing Director". Basically the CEO, but the term we use in British English, rather then American English.

Although with the influence of all those american multinationals, it's tending to be used more as a term for the highest corporate officer in small companies that don't have big executive boards.

Today I spent far too much time watching some numbers on some website increase in rapid increments. It's surprisingly entertaining.

Unrelated to that, I also spent quite a bit of time thinking about how one can be technically proficient at something but because of a lack of a certain type of mental creativity, still kinda suck at it. :)

• Like 1

I have decided that instead of lurking here I'd actually try posting something. It's not going well.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Pre-loaded Borderlands2, wasted time on the internet.

Had a shirt poked full of holes by a cat constantly standing up to claw my shirt in a demand that I pick him up and hug him.

Now going to play some LAN with the spouse, which will likely make me giggle again and ruin my gun aim.

Slept, alot. No hangover though, just dissapointed.

Don't remember what I did after 23:00 saturday night, wishing it was 20:00 >_<

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah. "Managing Director". Basically the CEO, but the term we use in British English, rather then American English.

Although with the influence of all those american multinationals, it's tending to be used more as a term for the highest corporate officer in small companies that don't have big executive boards.

I see it a lot for "country level" directors in multinationals, too. (e.g. director of everything that firm has going on in country x)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I am so pumped for BL2 at this point. So...so....pumped. I swear, between that and Project E (and cooler weather!)... the past couple days ... mentally I'm like a jack rabbit on steroids. Must ... sleep.

I have to wait until next week until Amazon gets me it, so no joy-puking my face off this week. Should have gone with Steam but I'd rather save the bandwidth.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra