The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

Playing more games most likely because Kolvachuk was injured. And, Jagre played a crap team when he was one of the main guys on Dallas then got piggybacked to the Finals with Boston who may have won if he actually remembered how to score in the playoffs. Meanwhile, any shot NJ had of making playoffs went in the crapper when Kolvachuk was injured. The fact you are trying to pretend that jagr is better than Kolvachuk at this time is plain foolish garabge.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The fact you are trying to pretend that jagr is better than Kolvachuk at this time is plain foolish garabge.

I don't think Jagr is better than Kovalchuk. More points does not equal better player. All I said was he had more points.

• 2 months later...

I don't understand why they still have fighting.  The new helmet rule makes it clear they don't really want it in the league office.  Get rid of it, it is stupid and not hockey.

That was one of five fights in the game, and the second between Parros and Orr.  The new helmet rule is not going to stop it.   If the league wants it out, they need to stiffen the suspensions and have them start from the first offense (not the third aggressor/instigator penalty). 

I can't find it now but there was a video of a pre-season game that showed how easy it was for players to get around the helmet rule.  One of the teams was the Devils iirc.

Exactly. Fighting is garbage and contrary to what  certain people think it is not a draw. The  Lemieuxs, Grtezkys, and the like are the draws. Fighting can be 'entetraining' but  the number of people who actually pay to see that and only that is likely extremely miniscue. The other sports do just fine popurlaity wise withjout it. IMAGINE THAT.

I love hockey INSPITE of fighting not BECAUSE of it. It is not cool, it is not hockey, and no, fighting during a sport is not manly. Fighting for a good cause is.  If you want to fight orwatch fights go watch the fight oriented sports like boxing, MMA, etc.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

There will probably always be fighting in hockey. It's a high speed, high impact, high intensity game. Eventually, someone is going to go overboard slashing someone with their stick or something, and piss them off enough that they will want to fight them.

They just need to get rid of the goons. If they automatically suspend someone for getting in a fight, and the length of those suspensions increase with every fight that person gets into, they wont last long in their current form.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

THE INEVITABILITY CONTINUES AS PHILLY WAS THE NEXT IN LINE TO BITE THE DUST. THE DUST OF 46 YEARS OF LEAFS TEARS DRYING UP!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm alright with hockey players fighting, I'm not okay with "goons". Guys who can literally barely skate, like Cam Janssen, being put on the ice only to punch people in the face. If Ryane Clowe and David Clarkson (two skilled hockey players) want to drop the gloves when things get intense, fine, but eliminate these guys who make $500,000 a year to punch other guys who make $500,000 a year from the game. 

...Habs D looks mighty suspect so far an' theys did li'l ta make theyselves less smurfy up front...might be 'nother long year fer the bleu, blanc, et rouge...more's the pity... :getlost:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I'm very curious to see if Thomas Hertl can maintain the play he has had in the first few games of the season.  If he does, he's got a good chance at rookie of the year honors.  The kid can play, and he's getting a spot on the top line in San Jose.

I'm very curious to see if Thomas Hertl can maintain the play he has had in the first few games of the season. If he does, he's got a good chance at rookie of the year honors. The kid can play, and he's getting a spot on the top line in San Jose.

Beyond words. This kid is insane. 4th goal and he's just showing off.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Around San Jose he has taken on the nickname of Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl.

That's a really long nickname.  I think it is safe to say the kid has made the team, he was worried about heading back to the minors :p

That he has.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle