The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

Hawks in 6. Crawford is doing better than what Niemi did, and hopefully Shaw and Bickell out agitate Marchand and Lucic. Either way, it's gonna be good.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

If the Bruins were anything like the Leafs, they would go out and pick up a new young goalie with potential.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Wound up with a dead cell phone about an hour after I got there, so I didn't get many pictures - but being in the Prudential Center when they announced that the Devils had picked up Schneider was awesome. And we drafted Anthony Brodeur (Marty made the announcement himself). No doubt it was just an act of good faith, as the Devils traded a 7th round pick in the 2015 draft to the Kings for a shot to take him, but it's nice to see that kind of loyalty between management and Brodeur. 

I've seen Schneider play a lot against Edmonton. He's pretty clutch, but has never been the hands on number one goalie for a full schedule.

He'll be a great number one in a year or two, and I bet Brodeur will be a great mentor for this season.

Wait, Marty didnt retire while I wasn't paying attention, did he?

I was hoping MacTavish would swap some picks for some of the better guys like Bolland, but the Oilers usually don't land first tier free or soon to be free agents.

That being said, Pittsburgh has 25 + million wrapped up in four players salaries. I was going to say good luck with the cap, but they're the Penguins. They'll be fine.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The beauty of trading Bolland to the Leafs, is that we don't have to worry about that one biting us in the butts in the playoffs! :biggrin:

(edit: Now, had their first trade had been for somebody who could play defense instead of another young goalie with potential to be MAYBE as good as the one they have now, MAYBE I would have waited 5 seconds before posting that joke, instead of putting it up right away.)

It's too bad he's gone now though. He was a big part of our run a few years back, and he turned it up this finals.

Edited by babaganoosh13

I've seen Schneider play a lot against Edmonton. He's pretty clutch, but has never been the hands on number one goalie for a full schedule.

He'll be a great number one in a year or two, and I bet Brodeur will be a great mentor for this season.

Wait, Marty didnt retire while I wasn't paying attention, did he?

I was hoping MacTavish would swap some picks for some of the better guys like Bolland, but the Oilers usually don't land first tier free or soon to be free agents.

That being said, Pittsburgh has 25 + million wrapped up in four players salaries. I was going to say good luck with the cap, but they're the Penguins. They'll be fine.

Nope, Marty didn't retire. Lou still says Marty is our #1, but he'll probably split the season with Schneider. Then Marty can retire, Schneider can take over full time and the Devils will (hopefully) have another allstar goalie for the next 6 or 7 years at least.  

It looks like Marty is already pretty well prepped for the NJ front office too.

I've read player interviews where he's pretty much treated like an additional coach in the locker-room. I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to coach the Devils at some point (maybe by then, his son will be playing :o

The Oilers should pass.  It would turn out to be a Jeff Lupul/ Eric Cole do over.

I see Phoenix is keeping their team.  That's great news for all the Canadians who vacation in the desert.

And good Jebus Cripes, Philadelphia, when are you going to learn about overpaying for players on the downside of their careers?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The Oilers should pass.  It would turn out to be a Jeff Lupul/ Eric Cole do over.

I see Phoenix is keeping their team.  That's great news for all the Canadians who vacation in the desert.

And good Jebus Cripes, Philadelphia, when are you going to learn about overpaying for players on the downside of their careers?

saw this interesting tweet today: 

https://twitter.com/downgoesbrown/status/352227684132196353

"If my math is right, since '07 the Flyers signed contracts totaling 61 years and $374.5M with six players who won’t play for them this year."