What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

I seem to be really enjoying Saint's Row the Third. It pays off not jumping on every open world care stealing game to come along. They're fresh when I do grab one.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

do Old Republic servers have population now?

Some of em. Although I only check in on these "NEW PATCH! COME SEEEEE!" days

How are you dealing with denial?

Denial?

Is worse than I thought. :no:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Path of Exile. OK, I've only played a bit of it. I paid a US$10 beta key. For a game that is what D3 should have been. It's like a load of thoughtful gamers not obsessed with money-grubbing designed it.

• Massive (and I mean freaking massive) skill trees allowing all sorts of theory-crafting madness
  • Nice but not OTT graphics, water effects are nice
  • Some interesting classes (Ranger, Duelist, Witch, Templar, Shadow and Reaver)
  • Great enemies (got attacked by a mob of hungry cannibals who pelted me with rocks and fire bombs
  • Bizzaro crafting / rune system where runes give you different skills (a bit like D&D feats) in your equipment but instead these runes level up too. So you can train runes and swap them between your equipment
  • Trading in the first area involves barter, your character is on a wrecked prison ship so no gold, no merchants
  • Music isn't bad
  • Multiplayer on choice of two servers, it is populated no probs getting a game

I have one beef at the moment and that's the awful mini-map, but it's still in beta and I'll be giving feedback. So, if you're after a Diablo fix (and this *is* a clone) but with a game that feels like an older-skool ARPG (esp. D2 these guys are clearly D2 fans) then this might be for you.

Recommended.

Edited by Monte Carlo
  • Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Path of Exile. OK, I've only played a bit of it. I paid a US$10 beta key. For a game that is what D3 should have been. It's like a load of thoughtful gamers not obsessed with money-grubbing designed it.

• Massive (and I mean freaking massive) skill trees allowing all sorts of theory-crafting madness
  • Nice but not OTT graphics, water effects are nice
  • Some interesting classes (Ranger, Duelist, Witch, Templar, Shadow and Reaver)
  • Great enemies (got attacked by a mob of hungry cannibals who pelted me with rocks and fire bombs
  • Bizzaro crafting / rune system where runes give you different skills (a bit like D&D feats) in your equipment but instead these runes level up too. So you can train runes and swap them between your equipment
  • Trading in the first area involves barter, your character is on a wrecked prison ship so no gold, no merchants
  • Music isn't bad
  • Multiplayer on choice of two servers, it is populated no probs getting a game

I have one beef at the moment and that's the awful mini-map, but it's still in beta and I'll be giving feedback. So, if you're after a Diablo fix (and this *is* a clone) but with a game that feels like an older-skool ARPG (esp. D2 these guys are clearly D2 fans) then this might be for you.

Recommended.

I agree with everything in this post. I've been apart of the beta for quite a long time now and have seen a lot of progress and am very excited about the idea of end game content and their ideas behind MP and PvP in the coming release. I also do hope that something is done about the mini-map, but I'm sure it will if enough people raise a complaint, because these guys seem to listen to the players quite a bit and it's nice and refreshing to see a team that's not out to get as much money as they can out of their players.

Path of Exile really is an incredible piece of work. The social / MP model has some MMO-type ideas (Raids etc) and the crafting / item model is a fresh twist on the stuff we loved about old Diablo. The power-ups and skills are an interesting matrix of items / modal and passive skills and flasks. Flasks are like health / mana potions that have different effects and re-charge the more monsters you kill.... again a fresh twist on life globes.

All in all I'd say this was a keeper. If I worked at Blizzard and saw this I'd hang my head in shame, it really is that much fun. It deserves support, folks on this forum will like it I'm sure.

sonsofgygax.JPG

too many games to play these days, its overwhelming! i still havent started editing my book yet either...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Anyone played Day Z ?.

Zombie survival mod for Arma II, collegue was raving about it today.

Haven't played it but have watched quite a few videos on gameplay. Looks interesting, but I'm not quite sure of the whole concept, I keep hearing it's fun, however can begun dull due to the huge space with not much within it.

Path of Exile really is an incredible piece of work. The social / MP model has some MMO-type ideas (Raids etc) and the crafting / item model is a fresh twist on the stuff we loved about old Diablo. The power-ups and skills are an interesting matrix of items / modal and passive skills and flasks. Flasks are like health / mana potions that have different effects and re-charge the more monsters you kill.... again a fresh twist on life globes.

All in all I'd say this was a keeper. If I worked at Blizzard and saw this I'd hang my head in shame, it really is that much fun. It deserves support, folks on this forum will like it I'm sure.

I joined the closed beta about maybe one year ago (not sure) and played a ranger up until level 60. Then they wiped everything, I deleted my char and took a few months long break. Then I restarted a marauder and he is now level 70 and I am on another break as there will be another wipe once open beta starts.

Before that they will release something called maps that I will check out. It's an original take on the end game where maps (as in areas you play in) are treated as items. You can find ordinary maps that when used opens a portal to a normal area. Then you can find rare maps that will range from pure treasure rooms to boss monsters, depending on how lucky you are. Not only that, the maps will have different modifiers. Some modifiers will help all the enemies in the area (thus making them tougher, but give you better rewards) and some will help you and your party.

It sounds very interesting, I will definitely check it out when it is released.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I need a new game. I'm thinking Max Payne 3. Either that, or wait until Sleeping Dogs is released in about a month.

Max Payne 3 is highly recommended. Don't listen to the haters.

Yeah, buy Max Payne 3, so you too can join me in the disappoint!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Finished a playthrough of CK2, went well as King of Bohemia, due to fluking out I ended up nabbing the Duchies of Saxony, Franconia and Brunswick - still not sure how that happened, I guess I married a Duchess somehow. Getting the hang of the game now though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

im going to start max payne 3 tonight i think

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm enjoying it on the whole. I like that you can kill almost anything with one well placed shot and that you die when caught flat footed. That is to say, when you have run out of win button, or bullet time as it were. There are still a few griefs about it that keep me from loving it.

The weapon shifting is wonky. Mouse wheel would be preferable to the mini menu.

Why does the game take away your carefully collected guns in every single cut sceene. It get's a bit irritating.

The golden guns minigame is lame. Why would you want to complete that and make all your gun textures ugly.

The mouse speed gets borked when you are prone or in some of the scripted slo mo events.

The rail shooter sequences are boring, there is no spatial awareness, no tactical movement.

The story isn't great, I could live with that but most of the 15 hours of gameplay is interspaced with unskippable cutscenes every five minuites.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You can turn off the golden gun textures and I think all cutscenes revert to the main gun, holster the secondary and carry the fourth.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I need a new game. I'm thinking Max Payne 3. Either that, or wait until Sleeping Dogs is released in about a month.

I am waiting for Sleeping Dogs

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

You can turn off the golden gun textures and I think all cutscenes revert to the main gun, holster the secondary and carry the fourth.

Someone, anyone, please explain to me why golden gun textures are even a thing. Who actually wants these? Who thinks people want them? I had a golden texture for the proton pack in a Ghostbusters game. It is insane.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

After much painful separation from valuable stuff, useful equipment and life essentials, I managed to squeeze my load down to below 70 pounds and started on Honest Hearts. Shortly after starting, the caravan got ambushed. Not really a big surprise. Killing off the raiders and salvaging everybodys equipment, I started to make my way across the ropebridge. Of course, no more than halfway across, some conveniently planted shooter starts taking pot shots at Gorth. Oh no, not this Gorth, so I duck and run, taking cover behind rocks until I have a native looking guy in the cross hairs of my gauss rifle. Sent his lifeless body flying alright. Then it suddenly started on a laundry list of failed quests... what the??? :huh:

Maybe I wasn't supposed to vaporize the guy? Ah well, I got a save from just before the ambush anyway.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein