What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

I should give it another go, maybe I'll shoot everyone for the first half, then creep around for the second.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's pretty good, although they kinda cheated by pretending the game has melee. You just stand close to an enemy and press a power button which leads to a cutscene. That's not really melee.. it's a cutscene.

Anyway stealth with an updraded silenced pistol is a very satisfying way to play. It's got great atmosphere too.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Meh, I never made it out of the tutorial.

The tutorial was a streamlined version of the rest of the game. It was more on rails, with the player basically having to follow a specific path through the level. The rest of the game tends to give you multiple paths, and multiple ways to approach those paths.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That's a shame, the tutorial is rather lame in that you can't play the way you want to. After that it turns into whatever you want it to.

The tutorial was a streamlined version of the rest of the game. It was more on rails, with the player basically having to follow a specific path through the level. The rest of the game tends to give you multiple paths, and multiple ways to approach those paths.

It wasnt a case of me being dissatisfied with the tutorials choices, it was a case of raging vertigo. I bought it day one and at that time the mouse pointer was wicked fast (even on the slowest setting. I know its since been patched) and that combined with the first person perspective made me literally dry heave after about 10-15 minutes of play. I think I remember there being a kinda 3/4 perspective but that wasnt any help, which is weird because the 3/4 perspective was fine for me in FO:NV. So I just put it down and never went back.

It's pretty good, although they kinda cheated by pretending the game has melee. You just stand close to an enemy and press a power button which leads to a cutscene. That's not really melee.. it's a cutscene.

Anyway stealth with an updraded silenced pistol is a very satisfying way to play. It's got great atmosphere too.

I'm playing mostly melee and while very abstracted I like that style of gameplay because it's an interesting form of problem solving (honest: I'm grinding for XP :yes: ).

But I agree: great atmosphere. Great freedom. An interesting plot. And the dialogue wheel beats anything Bioware has done so far.

More importantly, I'm actually surprised by the fidelity to the original DX. I mean, they really got what's great about the original and improve what could be possibly improved.

Not sure if it was a glitch or not, but I had a handful of odd things happen during the last little bit leading up to the battle of Hoover Dam.

First, there's Arcade. After I finished his personal quest, he walked into the Remnant bunker and I couldn't find him after that. So I couldn't add him to my party for the remainder of the game after that point.

Second, ED-E seemed to just disappear on me as soon as I reached Hoover Dam. He was nowhere to be found until the point where I was making my way to the Legate's camp, and even then he just sort of ... froze by the gate and wouldn't follow me. I don't know if it had anything to do with Cannibal Johnson following me, as if he was part of my party.

Lastly, not really a glitch like the above, but Veronica didn't seem to even acknowledge me wiping out the BoS bunker for Mr. House. She tagged along with me with not even a comment about what I'd done.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I tested the demo of Batman Arkham City. It wasn't that bad, maybe I will buy the game when it's in a sale.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Beat LOTR: War in the North. It's a decent game in co-op, but I still think it has been one of the biggest personal disappointments for me this gen. I hadn't read much about the game other than it was developed by Snowblind. I liked their previous games despite being unbalanced, but WitN felt uninspired. Not enough skills to choose from and they wereboring on top of that. Loot was also boring, and I hated the way Aragorn sounded in this game. It's not that I dislike the game, but I was hoping it would have been more like the Champions Norrath or Dark Alliance games. My brother felt pretty much the same.

Started playing Saint's Row: The Third last night. Pretty fun game. I like the customization. It's not quite up to Just Cause 2 for destructive fun, however. But I like the atmosphere more. I'm hoping it has a good progression curve.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Space Rangers 2.

A utterly bizarre combination of genres.

Nice choice of options means it's quite fun when you start to play.

But that works only until initial learning curve is defeated - that's when the game turns out to be too shallow to be interesting long-term.

BG1. My mighty Chaotic Neutral Barbarian is now level 5 and reaving up and down the Sword Coast. Am about to disband my core group of whiny Jaheira and her useless husband for Shar-Teel and Branwen.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I deserve congratulations, for I have died.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I decided to give Modern Warfare 3 another chance. Man, am I rusty. I had a kill:death ratio of almost 2:1 in MW2, but I'm struggling to even keep a 1.00 in MW3. The maps that I played on don't seem to be very sniper-friendly.