What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

Playing Duke Nukem Forever. The pacing of the game is too slow, imo. I just wanted to kill stuff, but I had to do all the other things first, which had been really boring. Also I find the graphic quite bleh... everything is so blurry and I can't seem to disable this. AA doesn't really work as well? No idea. Ah yeah and the gameworld seems empty here and there.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Giving Crusader Kings II a go. Well, more like blundering around with it.

That's the way I feel about it too. Seriously, there might be such thing as too many options.

If it's your first Paradox grand strategy game, this feeling is natural. But you will get used to it quickly. In the end, there are not so many things to manage when you know a bit more the game.

If you feel overwhelmed, try playing a small county in a peaceful region (like inside an empire).

Endless Space, released today.

Is it good?

Yes, but then I own every 4x(space) game and have managed to find good points in most of them. It hasn't got the depth of GalCiv, but it has that just one more turn about it.

If your a 4x fan, you should like it.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

FO: NV @ 15 hours now ...

I really need to finish that game some day >_

Got stuck at a point where I think most of the side stuff is done, at least the stuff that doesn't irreversibly commit me to a side in the conflict. I think I know what I'm going to play tonight :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished the two F.E.A.R. expansions. Perseus Mandate was better than I expected, definitely better than Extraction Point. But maybe I'd just gotten so use to Timegate's style it didn't bother me anymore.

Now to debate what next. Prepare a Skyrim save for Dawnguard? Get back to Drakensang: The River of Time? Play PA Adventures: Episode 3? I did start a Thief playthrough too...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished the two F.E.A.R. expansions. Perseus Mandate was better than I expected, definitely better than Extraction Point. But maybe I'd just gotten so use to Timegate's style it didn't bother me anymore.

Now to debate what next. Prepare a Skyrim save for Dawnguard? Get back to Drakensang: The River of Time? Play PA Adventures: Episode 3? I did start a Thief playthrough too...

Pair them up alphabetically and flip a coin, whomever gets to semifinals you flip another coin. Post results.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Play Thief, get scared, play Thief II, ger scared again, play Thief:DS, get scared and maybe even finish the game. :biggrin:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Still playing DNF. The beginning was boring, then it became better and now that I am close to the end, I think it is getting a bit meh again. I am a bit surprised about the hard boss fights. Will be happy when I am through the game. Probably won't replay the game ever, though.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Pair them up alphabetically and flip a coin, whomever gets to semifinals you flip another coin. Post results.

Or I could use Backloggery's fortune cookie feature. But that's how I started God of War: Ghost of Sparta.

Well, I totally spaced out. For some reason, I thought I could continue playing New Vegas after the battle at Hoover Dam, so I left the Lonesome Road DLC until after that. Only after I saw the credits roll did it sink in that I couldn't keep playing.

Looks like I'll have to play Lonesome Road when I finish off another play through, this time siding with Mr. House.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, I totally spaced out. For some reason, I thought I could continue playing New Vegas after the battle at Hoover Dam, so I left the Lonesome Road DLC until after that. Only after I saw the credits roll did it sink in that I couldn't keep playing.

Looks like I'll have to play Lonesome Road when I finish off another play through, this time siding with Mr. House.

There should be an autosave before the Dam.

I chose Penny-Arcade Adventures, episode 3. I am not writing that entire thing out.

I'm a bit disturbed here. I played the entire thing today. That should speak for its quality. But it's 11 hours long. That speaks... for other things. I even took a break and went grocery shopping. How did I spend that much time on one game on one day?

Maybe I started it yesterday and don't remember.

There should be an autosave before the Dam.

I want to finish off some achievements, such as siding with Yes Man anyway, so I'll use that save which is about at the point when all 4 endings are still open to me.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There is a very huge popup right before the end of the game, which tells you exactly that the game will end. It even asks you if you want to continue or not and you pressed yes.

Still putzing around with Crusader Kings 2. Probably made a bad decision choosing the HRE (it was the easiest one on the selection screen so I figured it'd be ok to stumble around in). The politicking is rather fun, though. Will read the manual over lunch and keep at it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There is a very huge popup right before the end of the game, which tells you exactly that the game will end. It even asks you if you want to continue or not and you pressed yes.

Hence me spacing out. ;)

I wasn't really paying attention, and figured that was more a warning that I wouldn't have any chances to buy weapons, or collect items from my safe house, or whatever after that point. It didn't sink in that it meant the game was actually done after that point, and any other sidequests I had open would remain unfinished.