What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

Same here, I've maybe only seen one new thing, but then again I'm only in Telos still

1) Hololog of the mechanic fixing the droids

2) T3 on camera

3) Asking HK-50 about the above

4) Sion arriving ingame cutscene

5) Kreia mentioning his arrival afterwards

6) Sion's additional lines when meeting him on Peragus

7) The camera system and HK-47 in the hold when the Assassins board the Hawk

8 ) Vibrocutter

9) Heavy Mining Gun

10) Asking Atton about the astro-system and the HK-50 on the hawk...

You seriously only saw 1 of these? And then I am probably skipping over a lot too.

Yeah my bad, did not realize those bits were all new. Been 8 years since I played through the game and pretty much forgot most of what happens. I really do like the bug fixes though, used to bsod like crazy and now works perfect in windows 7

Borderlands - f'n uninstalled. This game represents almost everything I hate about gaming. OCD inventory management, enemies that level up with you and come in respawning waves, no manual saves, unnecessary filler with unnecessary travel, horrid storyline, horrid quests, little to no return for mindless action, stupidly annoying talking robots, uncreative boss battles, etc. No clue how enough people bought this game to generate a sequel.

...enemies that level up with you...

They don't.

And I thought it was an excellent game with normal RPG inventory management, a semi-open world that allows you to travel freely, good storyline, fun quests, really great (and varied!) boss battles, lots of frantic action, excellent weapon system, etc.

Funny how taste differs, huh?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No? Well why do the same enemies that I easily defeat early on become harder even though I later had better weapons? Something definetly changed, they're given better weapons and perhaps better AI at the very least if not more.

The game sucks bro. The whole game is one giant example of filler. 17 hours in I was still waiting for the real experience to start.

Edited by Blodhemn

Sept. 18th can't come fast enough.

...of course, I'll probably be disappointed, but at least then the wait will be over...and I can always hope until then. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm pretty sure Borderlands is a game best played with others. So you were probably playing it wrong.

I played it solo 80% of the time....occasionally played it with hubby, but both of us largely play alone. I like it as a solo game just fine.

I think most people who think of it largely as a MP game probably don't like the type of gameplay all that much to begin with and it's playing with other people that makes it fun (or tolerable). It's like how there are plenty of people who also think the Diablo's are awful single-player games....to which I disagree. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started playing Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth on PSP. I tried out the PlayStation 1 version when I was younger but could not complete it. Now that I understand how the gameplay works, I'm in love. It's an interesting game, and I wonder if there's anything similar, but I doubt it. I'm still very early in the game, beat the first dungeon. Character art/sprites are nice and the music is really good. The gameplay is the biggest reason why I came back, since I like the 2D sidescrolling, platforming with random encounters.

To be frank, what exactly were you expecting from the game ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Me? I knew what I was getting when I started the game. (If you were talking to me)

Pre-loading Darksiders II on STEAM. F U, STEAM, it ain't loading anymore, oh well, I can at least see the game in my library (lol).

Edited by Labadal

Well fsck no, meant Borderlands, forgot to quote, sorry.

Runaway 3 still plodding away, excited as I'm about to find out what happened since the ending of the second game, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I liked that Runaway 3 basically skips right past following up Runaway 2. Runaway 1 was a fun little adventure with the mob. Runaway 2 turns into some supernatural alien conspiracy. 3 will tell you what happened, but luckily, it goes back to focusing on ripping off mobsters again.

Still on KOTOR 2 TSLRCM. Nar Shadda is criminally bad design. I don't want to hurt the feelings of whoever was responsible for it, but WTF man? Playing as Mira, Atton, or whoever you pick for the ship. If you don't have a jedi, it's a painful slog. The only way to survive is to play as cheap as humanly possible, hoping you stocked up on mines.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still on KOTOR 2 TSLRCM. Nar Shadda is criminally bad design. I don't want to hurt the feelings of whoever was responsible for it, but WTF man? Playing as Mira, Atton, or whoever you pick for the ship. If you don't have a jedi, it's a painful slog. The only way to survive is to play as cheap as humanly possible, hoping you stocked up on mines.

Yeah, I can't really disagree much there. And while I think the mod added more waves of Bad Doodz, IIRC, the core experience wasn't that different in the vanilla game. The whole "use a shield or medpac in the inventory screen" dodge is invaluable there, especially if you hadn't put much effort into twinking out your companions' gear at a workbench. I made the mistake of basing the party for the G0T0's yacht on a roleplaying call of who the Exile would trust the most. That gave me Bao Dur and Atton (the latter of whom was a Jedi, but only at, like, level 2 in his Jedi class), who got rather torn apart by the robots until they managed to find the Protagonist.

I like the thought behind the design-- follow multiple characters to effectuate a Jabba's-Yacht-style rescue scenario. But the implementation as waves of grindiness was the opposite of fun. And parts of it (mostly Mira escaping from the battle pit) require a pretty huge suspension of disbelief.

If you metagame and craft/upgrade some Mandalorian blasters (or similar) for Mira and lightsabers for Visas beforehand, it's pretty easy to tear through those mobs. T-3 also has an easy time.

Atton completely sucks before he becomes a Jedi, though. Beating those Twi'lek assassin vixens is nearly impossible. Yet later he easily beats Darth Sion (although for drama's sake it's better to let him lose).

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Any dedicated Jedi will tear through them, just because of crowd control and ranged defense. I was using Kreia in my party with Insanity and it was a joke.

But the second I was stuck with Atton (who wasn't Jedi long enough to really use CC), Mira, and T3, it was renewable droid shield spam while trying to get targets hung on corners. And then I made the mistake of using a Bao-Dur and HK-47 combo for Goto's ship, and saving over anything newer than 2 hours ago.

"Okay guys, put on energy shields and beeline for where the PC is. We just have to live long enough to free him and we're golden."

I really do like the bug fixes though, used to bsod like crazy and now works perfect in windows 7

Nothing we did about that though... :/

And I thought it was an excellent game with normal RPG inventory management, a semi-open world that allows you to travel freely, good storyline, fun quests, really great (and varied!) boss battles, lots of frantic action, excellent weapon system, etc.

The inventory was fine at the start. With the endgame or expansions though, far too much loot... comparing the items was painful too. Hopefully B2 improves that, and not with "more loot per dead enemy"... I seriously got fed of drowning in new dropped items at the end.

Story wasn't good, but the funny encounters, quests and varied combat made up for that...

I liked that Runaway 3 basically skips right past following up Runaway 2. Runaway 1 was a fun little adventure with the mob. Runaway 2 turns into some supernatural alien conspiracy. 3 will tell you what happened, but luckily, it goes back to focusing on ripping off mobsters again.

Shame my PC died while playing R3, and I lost my save. Wasn't really not in the mood to replay until retaking the general... where I was when it happened. Still aren't.

You mean going to Tienn (Atton, T3 and Mira/Hanharr) or the actual Goto Yacht? Since the Yacht is pretty much unchanged.

hadn't put much effort into twinking out your companions' gear at a workbench.

It's pretty much the same at Dxun. Game does that. No more just forgetting about them.

Atton completely sucks before he becomes a Jedi, though. Beating those Twi'lek assassin vixens is nearly impossible. Yet later he easily beats Darth Sion (although for drama's sake it's better to let him lose).

Vibroblades? Dead Twilek... no exploit needed. Good thing I remembered that from KOTOR1 :).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You mean going to Tienn (Atton, T3 and Mira/Hanharr) or the actual Goto Yacht? Since the Yacht is pretty much unchanged.
I mean every single part where you're not using the PC. Miras vs the Ubese, Atton and pals, the yacht. I'm not speaking specifically of changes. It's just a bad segment because of imbalance when Jedi aren't in the party.

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming you guys.

To be frank, what exactly were you expecting from the game ?

Not much - just expected it to be a fun shooter to screw around with. Turns out there's far too much inventory management which appeals to the old school rpg horder types, but that wasn't what I was looking for. The presentation of the game seems to lean this way as well, blatant nerd humor is just grating.

Edited by Blodhemn

I mean every single part where you're not using the PC. Miras vs the Ubese, Atton and pals, the yacht. I'm not speaking specifically of changes. It's just a bad segment because of imbalance when Jedi aren't in the party.

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming you guys.

Well, to be fair, the poor balance between Jedi characters and non-Jedi was very much a feature of KotOR 1, too. That game just didn't give the player the option of putting together a wholly-non-Jedi party at any point after that-first-planet-whose-name-I-forget.

I'm starting to enjoy Risen 2. Maybe I'm just in the mood for a pirate RPG, but it's one of the better RPGs I've played this year -- minor bugs/issues notwithstanding.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's disappointing compared to what PB can do, but yes it is definitely worth a playthrough. My second's been on hold since I've been travelling May-Aug, but will be nice to finish that other path.

I agree. Great game, just not quite up to the standards set by Piranha Bytes previous work. And what bugs? I thought it was surprisingly bug free.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!