Rainbow Moon

First vid looked kind of cool, despite the terrible, terrible art and likely terrible story - a turn based RPG romp is always good.

No word on PC I guess?

it's funny how you summarize it with "40 hour main quest", as if it's indicative of the game's overall quality :D

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

First vid looked kind of cool, despite the terrible, terrible art and likely terrible story - a turn based RPG romp is always good.

No word on PC I guess?

Sidequest mentioned a windows and Mac version. I'd like to see a Vita version. This sort of stuff is very suited to handhelds I find.

Edited by BobSmith101

it's funny how you summarize it with "40 hour main quest", as if it's indicative of the game's overall quality :D

It's not released yet I just put down what I knew along with the videos. Not much else I could do since I have not played it. I'll stick up some sort of review in a couple of days I expect.

Just a note about this game being a grind fest.

Are you playing on hard?

I am. The game is incredibly grindy in the beginningI section, Icould barely survive fights with 2 monsters. Grinding was basically my only option* to survive two battles in a row. It's not well balanced and battles take a long time to finish. There are other complaints I could talk about, yet I know I'll finish the game.

*There is another option. There is an NPC in the first village that will allow you to buy rainbow pearls (used to upgrade skills) for real money. Not a chance in hell I do it, but the option is there.

Just a note about this game being a grind fest.

Are you playing on hard?

I am. The game is incredibly grindy in the beginningI section, Icould barely survive fights with 2 monsters. Grinding was basically my only option* to survive two battles in a row. It's not well balanced and battles take a long time to finish. There are other complaints I could talk about, yet I know I'll finish the game.

*There is another option. There is an NPC in the first village that will allow you to buy rainbow pearls (used to upgrade skills) for real money. Not a chance in hell I do it, but the option is there.

I read the description that's why I picked normal and adventuresome.

On normal I've done some optional areas and a level or 2 of the optional dungeon , but no real grinding required.

I'm definitely interested in hearing some more opinions about this game. Would be nice to play a decent turn based from my recliner:) Oh, us lazy Americans:) But I would definitely be happy with a pc release as well.

Is there a loot system to the game as well?

Edited by SadExchange

You buy equipment from stores and get some from completing side quests. I don't remember if monsters drops equipment, but I think they only drop money, materials and potions. There's a crafting system, but it's basic. Combine existing weapons/armours with materials to improve them. Early on, you can only combine equipment with one matetial, later on, you'll get stuff that can combine more than once. Once combined, you can't undo the crafting.

Battles are ok. It was frustratingly challenging at the start of the game, but with two characters, it isn't so bad. Some early fights were very unbalanced, and it felt like grinding was the only option (on hard + adventuresome). The AI isn't very smart, so there isn't much need for strategy. Maybe the poor AI is why they throw so many enemies at you. (You need to use straegey because of the amount of enemies per battle, not because of the AI.) You move your characters like usually do in Japanese srpgs, but positioning, like flanking opponents, backstabbing and frontal assaults does not matter. There are no counter attacks in the game, no % chance to hit success. I feel like a sequel could improve a lot of things.

The most annoying thing is that only characters that land killing blows get skill points (rainbow pearls).

I think there is an upcoming demo, but I'm not sure. I'd advise against getting it for $15. I'm a PS+ subscriber, so I got it at a discounted price.

I'm definitely interested in hearing some more opinions about this game. Would be nice to play a decent turn based from my recliner:) Oh, us lazy Americans:) But I would definitely be happy with a pc release as well.

Is there a loot system to the game as well?

Everything has a chance to drop one of four things with varying rarity. These are either to sell , used in enhancing your equipment or part of side quests. In addition you can find things in chests and bags or hidden around the map.

You buy equipment from stores and get some from completing side quests. I don't remember if monsters drops equipment, but I think they only drop money, materials and potions. There's a crafting system, but it's basic. Combine existing weapons/armours with materials to improve them. Early on, you can only combine equipment with one matetial, later on, you'll get stuff that can combine more than once. Once combined, you can't undo the crafting.

Battles are ok. It was frustratingly challenging at the start of the game, but with two characters, it isn't so bad. Some early fights were very unbalanced, and it felt like grinding was the only option (on hard + adventuresome). The AI isn't very smart, so there isn't much need for strategy. Maybe the poor AI is why they throw so many enemies at you. (You need to use straegey because of the amount of enemies per battle, not because of the AI.) You move your characters like usually do in Japanese srpgs, but positioning, like flanking opponents, backstabbing and frontal assaults does not matter. There are no counter attacks in the game, no % chance to hit success. I feel like a sequel could improve a lot of things.

The most annoying thing is that only characters that land killing blows get skill points (rainbow pearls).

I think there is an upcoming demo, but I'm not sure. I'd advise against getting it for $15. I'm a PS+ subscriber, so I got it at a discounted price.

While the AI is not stellar it will get better as you face different things later. Because they obey rules like not moving through each other, the crowded battlefield is often a disadvantage as does blocking them with bags. Once they start to get skills that will hit at range, things will change a bit.

Also those bags that drop , you get a higher chance of items if you pick them up in the battle rather than wait until afterwards. This introduces a further element of risk in addition to needed to get characters killing blows for rainbow pearls so they don't fall behind to the point of becoming useless.

Basically the further you get into the game the more and varying skills you get. Initially it's very slow. I brought that up on the RM boards but they said it's intentional to ease people into the game.

Video starts, 2 seconds later and I'm sold when is it out?

Came out yesterday in the US and last week in the EU not sure about Asia but yesterday too I think.

Concerning that NPC that sells you pearls for real money he does not appear to be in the EU version of the game.

Some further info.

The level cap is 80 for the quest part of the game and 999 overall.

At a certain point the game becomes completely non linear letting you go anywhere in the world. Nothing scales so you still have to be able to survive it....