Why isn't there a Dead State kickstarter thread? What's wrong with you guys?

Llyranor

Basically for the most part, I'm sick of zombies in general. I can't get through Telltale's Walking Dead because of how zombied out I am, and my dislike for QTE's in general.

On the other hand, it's Brian.

Is it good enough to get past the whole "it's another zombie game"?

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I've just installed it. I'll try it out within the next fews days. This is the only Kickstarter game that I backed, solely due to Brian and his work from Bloodlines, and I must say, they had me at friggin' chicken.

Edited by Blodhemn

I haven't played it since the 7 days release, but the impression I'm getting is its still Early Access, without the Early Access banner. It released without key features such as character customization.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Pretty much

It's a lot more complete than it was at the last beta patch but there are still features missing that say coming soon

As far as the game itself, I've been a fan since beta and the zombies are more of a background problem with you focusing on mostly on the people in your shelter and all the issues that arise. Human enemies are far more difficult and the only real threat from zombies is making too much noise and being overwhelmed. 

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Sixteen years ago, this would have been a groundbreaking game. If it came out next to Baldur's Gate, it would have been something.But in today's market with today's technology and today's standards, it really feels like it has no place. 

Sixteen years ago, this would have been a groundbreaking game. If it came out next to Baldur's Gate, it would have been something.But in today's market with today's technology and today's standards, it really feels like it has no place. 

I rather take game which has last years technology with last years gameplay, than to get game which has today's technology and get bored to hell with today's gameplay...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I rather take game which has last years technology with last years gameplay, than to get game which has today's technology and get bored to hell with today's gameplay...

Yeah, but in this case, the technology sucks whether it was released 15 years ago or today.

To be fair, somewhere underneath the presentation, there could be a good game...but Mitsoda made a bad miscalculation in using this engine.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Dunno. They were able to use many assets from Age of Decadence, which saved them money and time in any case. Also they share developers, which also means less time (and money) spend on people who first have to learn everything.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dunno. They were able to use many assets from Age of Decadence, which saved them money and time in any case. Also they share developers, which also means less time (and money) spend on people who first have to learn everything.

Which doesn't really give me high hopes for AoD, which is somewhere in its what, 10th year of development? Granted, I haven't played the demo nor am I an early access backer.

Wasn't V. Dweller dismissive of Unity when it was brought up that they should consider adopting it?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Well, adopting it now would be super silly. AoD is very advanced and it just wouldn't give any real benefits to them. It's a pretty good rpg / adventure game, by the way.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, adopting it now would be super silly. AoD is very advanced and it just wouldn't give any real benefits to them. It's a pretty good rpg / adventure game, by the way.

Well yeah, obviously. What I meant was that he was very dismissive of the quality of the Unity engine, not that they should drop what they were doing and start from scratch with it.

I know that they're big into C&C and merciless tactical combat, so I'll probably give a shot when it finally gets released and is patched a few times.

Video games have progressed in 16 years. Even Pillars knows this.

I haven't played it since the 7 days release, but the impression I'm getting is its still Early Access, without the Early Access banner. It released without key features such as character customization.

Wait.. I thought Kickstarter was supposed to prevent the release of partially completed games. It seems there's no evil publisher to blame anymore - what's a gamer to do?
  • Like 1

Video games have progressed in 16 years. Even Pillars knows this.

Unfortunately most of them progressed into boring snorefest. We are lucky that there are some indie developers who start to give us some quality for the first time after 10+ years.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Wait.. I thought Kickstarter was supposed to prevent the release of partially completed games. It seems there's no evil publisher to blame anymore - what's a gamer to do?

Yeah, I don't get it. It was already in early access, no need for an official completed release until its, well, completed. Double Bear made a mistake with that. I didn't even see the release promoted on Steam, so its pretty much a net loss for them I would think.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd suspect they were running out of money and had exhausted what early access was giving them. Though I've also heard it was selling pretty well at least initially in ea- and that it was essentially release now or wait 6 weeks until after the holiday season had passed.

Not a great time to release though, middle of a GOG sale and immediately after a steam one finishes and at a relatively high indie price point as well.