Diablo 3 Sign-Up

Does anyone know if there are any new areas in any of the patches? I know the maps are randomised but I found some new cave areas / dungeons on co-op Nightmare, one in Act I and another in Act II (which was full of pretty good treasure for a change).

Well, there was one dungeon in Act I, The Lycaeum, that was "added" in a patch. It was in the game, just wasn't generated before.

Act II is the most random, really. It can take a dozen runs through an area to get all the variations. And this is not counting the ancient device in Desolate Sands, which probably takes a 1000 ~_~.

I still haven't seen the Lycaeum.

I'm now getting a *bit* further into inferno with my Bbn but I don't have the time to grind so I can spend half a billion gold on decent equipment. Srsly, the drops are just terrible.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well, there was one dungeon in Act I, The Lycaeum, that was "added" in a patch. It was in the game, just wasn't generated before.

Supposedly that was a glitch or something. Once fixed I saw it constantly...but likely because I ran Act1 dozens of times.

I've only encountered that timered dungeon in Act2 twice, and that chicken level for the first time a couple weeks ago. And still haven't had all the pages to that Lost series reference, etc.

I'm now getting a *bit* further into inferno with my Bbn but I don't have the time to grind so I can spend half a billion gold on decent equipment. Srsly, the drops are just terrible.

Yea, that's where I am with my Monk, late Act3. Every boss feels like a gear/skill/strategy or instant-death check and I got fed up with trying to keep up with it. Or everyone goes "well use Sweeping Wind/Conviction/Fists of Thunder" to get past and I go "what if I don't wanna use those?" and I get silence. Skill diversity my butt. :lol: I'm sure I could do it the "way I want" with the right gear, but then Act4 will ramp up yet again and .... lost interest. Not enough reward.

I still like MF'ing once in a while tho. Most of the time it's terrible - good drops seem to come in very occasional, brief spurts. At the moment I've been spending most gold on working up to the max LoH gem quality. Mostly as something to do. 800 on a weapon + 600 from a gem, times two, might work well...but it ... costs a lot. lol

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I love my vengeful little demon hunter vixen, but she just doesn't have nearly the survivability of my monk at the same level. Of course, I've only played her to seventh level, so that could change. Even my monk is only into the second act. I'm hoping to get some time just to grind out the levels soon, though. I'm really torn. I've decided I don't want to invest my my nightmare mage, I prefer my demon huntress, but I think the monk might be a better bet for my eventual sojourn into hell and beyond. I hate to dither, though, so I'll have to decide which way to go. I might give my demon hunter til level 15 or so see if she shines.

You get a few escape mechanics and you can kite all day over your Caltrops but if you start getting punched you're going to fold like a beach chair. The monk has vastly more survivability.

Did a level 5 NV run with three other level sixties on Diablo herself, farming Hell.

The drops were OK actually, some yellows to go on AH but nothing you would actually equip. That's my main criticism... where do these weapons on the AH actually come from?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Thanks, Gfted. I'm going to stay on the monk then, since most of my gaming these days is done solo. If I have time later, I'll spruce up the ol' demon huntress and get into some multiplayer games. One thing I have to say about the wizard, though, is that she has tons of great aoe and crowd control abilities. Between blizzard and timestop or nova, I think you can really slow 'em down. Do the companions ever do enough damage, have enough buffs, or provide enough crowd control to make a difference in which one I choose? The way I see it, the templar is a basic meat shield, the scoundrel is the highest damage (which isn't saying much), and the enchantress has the most cc like effects. ...But I haven't really paid that much attention, so maybe I'm not seeing it right.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

--Enchantress is best for melee, hands down. Armor, attack speed buffs, disorient, and high survivability even in Inferno even with lowish resists, except when she stupidly decides to stand in a pool of poison or something. ;) Also, 2H maces with tons of INT/VIT are cheap to buy and drop semi-frequently.

--Templar, in Inferno, starts to die to almost every Elite mob quickly, and by Act3, in about 2 seconds. If you can get him a lot of LoH/Resist gear, it helps him, but that's expensive. I love his "character" but I find him rather useless. Also, his healing spell doesn't scale very well to all your +VIT item gear, so long before Inferno, you won't be impressed with his ability to heal you. He does not attract/pull aggro (none of them do) very often so you can't rely on that with the companions at all. Even if they occupy a few, you will be running or dying from the rest. ;) He is, however, plenty viable through Hell, in terms of survivability...but won't be doing much damage.

--I have yet to find a good use for the Scoundrel. His buffs aren't appealing, but like the Enchantress he'll survive better than Templar because of ranged attacking.

Nor have I ever had any equipped to do more than about 2k-3k dps. If you have the time you can get lol's from the Enchantress killing stuck bosses, but that's about it. Mostly, it's their buffs people want.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Beating a dead horse: Seriously, even when a weapon, for once, has ok-ish stats, the game then does this to you instead:

D3-items-mf-014.jpg

...and to be honest, those stats aren't even that great. And no socket. But really, come on...clvl60 items shouldn't ever be created with less than 500dps by default. The fact even ilvl62/63 items have very low base dps and have to rely on getting "%damage" modifiers upon generation to have high enough dps to be remotely useful even in Act1/2 Inferno or even late Hell is just stupid.

That's my main criticism... where do these weapons on the AH actually come from?

You'd be surprised how many of the ones with 5-6 attributes are actually crafted. Which is probably why they want so much for some of them, because they spend hundreds of thousands + materials at the blacksmith to get a few decent-moderately good results. And then the ones that are genuinely found ... even more gold, because they're so rare. Outside of that, however....they come from people with a ton of time. I have the time, but not the desire to spend 12+ hours a day MF'ing...still, I've found some relatively good stuff, actually - Eternal Union, Nat's Gaze w/good stats, Tal Rasha's armor, some good Rare rings and ammys that would sell for 2-5 million if I didn't want to use them myself - but as a percentage of all things that ever dropped, it's not much.

Also, I calculated how much gold it costs to craft a single top-level gem (the ones where you have to find the recipe for it), and it's millions and millions. I've "collected" over 8 million in gold - not counting AH profit - in the past 3-4 weeks and spent most of that on crafting Amethysts because I want two or three Perfect ones. And I'm not even close to that point yet. I have 6 Stars and 1 Flawless Star. Oh, also, I bought a lot of recipes because I'm not MF'ing where some of them drop. I buy the Flawless Squares because they're cheap and go from there. It's so redonkulous. But it passes the time now and then. :lol:

Time to change your password, secret questions and answer.

http://us.blizzard.c...t=news-textlink

And it only took them several months to find out they had that leak!!!

Well...if they actually plug it the account hijackers may have to find another hole!!!

But just remember...your authenticator is failsafe!!! Right?

Anyways...still waiting for the price to come down on D3...probably will get it as a gift far before that point from how strong it seems to be going.

Is that 112k while using that one DH crit chance skill? That's a nutty (but cool) skill. I kept having to turn it 'off' before going to shop in the AH because it skewed the comparison stats. :)

:blink: .... :lol:

As if the fanboi's didn't have enough reason to hate Jay Wilson already. Blizzard has a PR nightmare on their hands now.

http://kotaku.com/5936142/diablo-iii-interview-leads-to-unexpected-facebook-bitching

And if you don't know who these people are, here's a helpful pic on that: http://imgur.com/lvWdB

Kind of neutral on the remarks themselves (who hasn't had a bitching/moaning session w/friends at some point) but doing it on Facebook, for cryin' out loud...what idiots. Highly unprofessional and in some companies, a reason to be fired.

The whole Brevik interview that started it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_XiT2mifo

Are you kidding ? Wilson's comment was a SLAP IN THE FACE towards all Diablo and Diablo 2 fans by association. :lol:

Ah, the Internet.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Big whoop. I'm so insulted that this guy was angry and insulted someone related to a game I like in a Facebook comment outside of official company capacity. Seeing this as a personal slap in the face is a completely ridiculous idea. News flash, game developers are people too, and they don't have any obligation to act as role models. What concerns me is what this developer does with his game and whether or not I will enjoy it - that's what will affect me. Whatever bull**** he says regardless is completely irrelevant and the fact that this was even reported as news is a sad statement on the state of Game Journalism and Game Communities. Caring about this is the same as caring about the latest Twitter bitchfight between Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Whatever bull**** he says regardless is completely irrelevant and the fact that this was even reported as news is a sad statement on the state of Game Journalism and Game Communities. Caring about this is the same as caring about the latest Twitter bitchfight between Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan.

It's a publically made unprofessional comment. It's easy for me to see why one could empathize with Wilson's emotional state, but it's not like a mail was leaked or anything of the like. So, since the criticism of the game from an original team member is newsworthy, so is how the developers chose to respond in an, again, publicly viewable Facebook post.