Diablo 3 Sign-Up

Level 48, Nightmare, Act III and into The Breach, dear friends.

I'm noticing that mobs are getting easier, although I suspect that is down to my Vitality maxing and 150,000 gp spend in the auction house. I've found one weapon in-game that's better than anything else I've bought (with gems). The drops are getting notably more valuable, lots of blues and more yellows. Of course, 99% of stuff gets sold immediately because it's either rubbish or for other classes.

Shall we start our own D3 'Obz Mart' where we can swap items? I'm after a high DPS 1-handed weapon.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Bild1.png

I hate fat thorn shoulder pads. It looks so silly. I want my feathers back. :/

Got to level 54 yesterday and finished approx half of act1 in hell.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've started to buy equipment from the auction house and each time I do, I feel sad about it. Then I actually use the stuff I buy and tell myself it was worth it, because I don't get much awesome drops. I've been getting some cool stuff in Act IV and now selling stuff myself. Finally getting some money from actions. At first, I sold stuff for dirt cheap, but I'm now putting up items for a few thousand each.

There are certain difficulty spike points that are interesting - in Hell, Act 3 first half is very different from the Bridge of Korsikk and beyond, and then it gets pretty murderous in the Heart of Sin areas.

My 53 Demon Hunter has already surpassed my 58 Wizard in every metric of power/efficiency, and is more fun besides, so will be my main for a while. Currently at Belial Hell.

Shall we start our own D3 'Obz Mart' where we can swap items? I'm after a high DPS 1-handed weapon.

We definitely should. Tell me what your definition is of high DPS - 300+? More? And I should have something for you soon.

I don't know what it is, but in Diablo games I've always sucked with bow characters. I've died several more times to Elites in Act3 NM with her than I ever did with the Monk, or the Barb, or the Wizard. Something about having to hit the shift, aim, fire, run, repeat. Micro lag (which I don't notice in melee, oddly) often has her firing behind her when I'm supposed to be running to the next retreat point, instead. And the Wiz doesn't really have to aim. I know the DH has the chakram and I use it, but then I feel like I may as well play the mage. :p

Anyway....I'm hitting a play-entertainment wall. Keep trying to level up my alts but fall asleep after half an hour and do something else. MF'ing Inferno Act1 has been largely unproductive with my Monk so far (lots of Rares but nothing very good). Think I'll see what Act2 Inferno is like...assume I won't get very far....then I'll probably stop until they patch the game.

I'll be interested when Torchlight2 comes out, how that compares to this game in terms of replayability.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd be down for an item swap here, but really since I'm running five characters through the game, most of my hand me downs get cycled to one of my lower leved guys

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm pretty settled on (1) Impale w/ Overpenetration as the good damage straight line, (2) Vault w/ tumble, (3) the short-range knives ability with super high damage, (4) shadow lines for extreme life steal, (Left) the basic arrow ability with piercing, (Right) Multishot.

That means I have offensive abilities that go in a straight line, get everything around me, or get everythingi n an arc in front, or hit single enemies. Ironically, when low on health, my best bet is to (2) Tumble into a group of blues or a boss, (4) Shadow lines, then (3) for great damage and a full health orb - unless there's lag, in which case, death. I can also switch (1) Impale rune for bosses for stun, though not so much on hell. I always try and get something going where I'm moving and dealing damage non-stop,which is why I was a bit bored with, and crap at, the monk.

Made lvl 60 and beat Hell on my Monk over the weekend. Also teamed up with a nice fellow that sold me his Monks hand-me-downs and got a 530-something DPS sword which instantly upgraded my DPS from 3.8k to 9.2k. Fooled around for a bit in Inferno but only the first 2-3 chapters or so. Think Ill farm the last two act of Hell and the beginning acts of Inferno until I get some better gear.

Act2 Inferno - lawlz. My friends were right. It's a wall (without uber-gear). I can't even get past the first outer area outside of town yet (not the very first w/the poison fliers, but a bit after that). Champion mobs are doing 5000-10000 dmg and that doesn't include their special non-melee attacks. So in 3-5 seconds you can be dead. Even while kiting.

Stupid Enchantress' attracted a 2nd Champ mob to me when they moved around. Hah. May be time to not use a Companion at all...when the game lets me.

My stats. Dps is still "low" but that's really not the main problem at the moment. Hitting twice as hard still wouldn't kill them in that 3-5 seconds. That difficulty spike is insane.

Anyway...Act2 Inferno, melee, I'd recommend:

700-800Resist All

1200+ Life Regen (I think this is the best melee stat after Resists, lets you tank Desecrator longer and such) :p

30-50K health (doesn't matter a whole lot, really)

8000+ armor

15-20k dps - Dunno about Barbs, but for Monks at least, you can get away with relatively low dps, but you do need to at least "keep up" somewhat. Just my opinion/playstyle tho.

Farm Butcher w/stacked Valor, wait for patch. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After several reloads, finally managed to get a game without 2 champs in that spot. Moved verrrrrrry slowly around map edges and managed to clear enough to get to the first quest bits. Killed one Champ (purple) flying bug mob (barely, died once, Enrage activated but my life regen was enough to just survive that). Crossed bridge, skirted the map edges again, got to Alcarnus and managed to get the "City of Blood" checkpoint. So...going to stop there. Good checkpoint to restart at when I want to go back.

Wish I could put on more MF gear to stack with Valor. 87% isn't enough.

Edited by LadyCrimson

whats better: magic find or gold find?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I saw one report that a quick fix made it so less gold will be dropped from vases in Act1 and the urns in Act4. I don't know how much less, but ... that could make the easy gold farming spots people were using less profitable.

I mostly want items...either for me, or to sell on the AH. I sold my Dawn legendary for 125K. TeeHee. Still keeping my Tal Rasha belt tho. I could probably sell it for 1.5 million but...not right now.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I'm stubborn. (small pic) The big yellow hammer-carrying beast, before you get to her, one-hit me three times.

Also...behold the awesome vendor sales and item drops of Inferno! :p

Diablo3-000108.jpg

313 damage one-handed morning star, Monty? I haven't checked level req or other stats, and it's not very good, but just in case.

• Like 1

Real Money AH is now available, according to what the login screen says. It shall be interesting to see how much this affects the gold AH. Mostly, I wonder if this will make the goldAH nowhere near as easy to "farm" as it has been, if that makes sense. We shall see. Either people will want more gold for good stuff because they figure some are just buying to turn around to sell on RMAH and they don't want that to be easy, or there will just be less and less "good" items on the goldAH. Or nothing will change. Heheh.

Also...I have killed Izual 20-30 times now and he still has not dropped that staff. :banghead:

On the plus side, I discovered that you can farm quite a bit gold using Valor, even on late NM difficulty. eg, it's a ton easier than trying to farm the gold in Inferno. Sure you don't get as much per stack dropping, but with the speed you can kill everything (at lvl60)+the fact you can give up stats for gold find, it's way faster to accumulate 300K gold than farming Act1 Inferno.