South Park needs to sell 2 Mil. copies to break even? What?

F:NV sold-in 5 million units during its first three weeks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means it sold 5 mil to retailers, yes?

Sold-through means copies bought by customers.

So assuming I'm correct, does that mean THQ statement was towards sold-in not sold-through?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

2 million units... Just a little bit less than Mirror's Edge or MoH:Airbourne. Also, the SP game for PS and N64 (released in 1998!) sold about 1,85 million.

The number of 360s and PS3s in circulation is about the same as the total number of PS1s and N64s sold to this date.

All info according to VGChartz.

However, VGChartz' numbers are highly dubious, if not obviously erroneous, considering that they state that the total number of games sold from the NWN franchise is less than 0,1 million.

So, adding things up, I wouldn't say it's an unreasonable objective.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Yes, 5 million to retailers. I do not know anything about THQ's statement, but publishers generally refer to sell-in, not sell-through.

Cheers for the clarification.

2 million across 3 platforms sold to retailers, when you think about it, isn't that huge. It's still big, but not what are they thinking big.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

• 2 weeks later...

They will definitely surpass Dungeon Siege III sales, maybe not Fallout New Vegas sales.

The marketing will definitely be there... it's friggin' South Park... it will be all over Comedy Central...

I don't want them to worry about selling the game... just focus on making it...

with that said, Alpha Protocol-ish dialouge system, prease? It would be a shame to just let this awesome gameplay mechanic die.

They will definitely surpass Dungeon Siege III sales, maybe not Fallout New Vegas sales.

The marketing will definitely be there... it's friggin' South Park... it will be all over Comedy Central...

I don't want them to worry about selling the game... just focus on making it...

with that said, Alpha Protocol-ish dialouge system, prease? It would be a shame to just let this awesome gameplay mechanic die.

Considering dialogue won't be voiced, I doubt it.

Considering dialogue won't be voiced, I doubt it.

The protagonist's dialogs won't be voiced, I doubt that the other characters will be silent.

I think that's what he's implying considering context (Alpha Protocol dialouge/interaction system).

Edited by C2B

They can still have a dialouge system with a silent protagonist. It's been done before even on jRPGs.

I'm referring to Alpha Protocol because it did it the best. You can't take forever with your choices and befriending or pissing people off both have their perks. Other games will force you have to suck up to characters, even if you genuinely do not like them, to unlock perks... but here... here my friends? you can say **** you! and gain something for your trouble!

I'm sorry for swaying the thread off topic.

They can still have a dialouge system with a silent protagonist. It's been done before even on jRPGs.

Sure, but Alpha Protocol's dialogue stance system works because of the "cinematic" angle. Dialogue perks and the likes could still reasonably be in without the full on time-limited stance thing though (that's what you seem to be interested in judging by the second part of your message).

I thought It worked because people realistically won't stare at you for hours waiting for you to decide what to say... but cinematic angles works fine too.

What do you think they would have to do with the game itself for them to reach their goal of 2 million?

Or, do you think it will all come down to the marketing?

What do you think they would have to do with the game itself for them to reach their goal of 2 million?

Or, do you think it will all come down to the marketing?

I'm not a marketer (which is doubtlessly important) but I think doing a game that plays well, is polished and receives good reviews should do the trick. Of course, that's easier said than done.

What's wrong with full lines instead of the horrible ME-wheel with "choose your random option x"...

I rather have "I am going to kill you and feed you to your son" than "threat"...

But aside from that, threating every NPC as you want should be in every RPG...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee