Kreia: dark side, light side, or neither?

About Kreia

There's been some discussion elsewhere on what Kreia actually is - dark sides, light sided or neither.

Both sides of the discussion agree that she has renounced both the Sith and Jedi as that can be proved via quotes from the game. However, we wonder if Kreia's actions in the game represent a "grey" viewpoint or one of the diametrically oppsed viewpoints. I think that Kreia's moral relativism might be throwing some of us off. I was wondering if any of the KOTOR2 writers and developers might wish to put in their two cents and clear up the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Well not that my opinion is worth tuppence ha'penny, but the binary nature of the adherents of the force and the fact that Kreia is seeking to end that very struggle by slaying the impetus, would suggest to me that she's neither jedi or sith.

Though her philosophy has certainly been informed by seeing and experiencing both sides of the force in action, Kreia is Kreia i'd say.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

She's quite clearly neither Jedi nor Sith - she has been both, been cast out by both, and found for herself a new purpose in the galaxy. Her manipulations of the Exile ultimately work to dismantle what remains of both and thus create a path for the future which might be free of the ignorance she sees in such extremes.

She is not, however, above temporarily taking up the mantle of one or the other when it suits her ultimate purpose - that is essential to her character.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies