Wired E3 preview

Game Informer E3 preview

IGN E3 preview

Kotaku: "I'll have more coverage on South Park: The Stick of Truth, which will be out next March for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, later this week."

X360A: "I saw @Obsidian_Ent's South Park game in action this evening... Damn, that game is going to be one hell of a ride! THQ's saviour, for sure!"

EDIT: From THQ's twitter

Woot! RT @orioninil: THq South Park: Stick of Truth climbs 10,385 spots in a few hours to #186 on Amazon http://t.co/KyvfCmRy
Edited by funcroc
  • Like 1

Thank you for the links, funcroc. ;)

The vampire keeps resurrecting his pals, though, so only one ultimate attack can finally stop them for good: MacLean summons "Wrecked 'Em," in which Mr. Slave swoops in, jumps on the vampire leader's head, and...uh...does to him what he has previously done to gerbils on the show. If that doesn't make sense, try this. Talk about a, um, climax.
I hadn't watched this episode, which is, indeed, heavily inspired by dungeon crawlers.

After showing him the sights, Cartman prompts the new kid for his name, which allows the player to enter whatever they wish. No matter what is entered, Cartman responds with

The Verge/Polygon E3 preview

You could find South Park: The Stick of Truth in the back corner of Microsoft's Xbox 360 Showcase event, with project director at Obsidian Entertainment Zane Lyon speaking into a microphone at three rows of seated viewers watching the demo with headphones on.

Elsewhere in the showcase, demos happened without the necessity of headsets. The Gears of War: Judgement multiplayer area had no such formality, nor did the Fable: The Journey setup. But for South Park: The Stick of Truth, it's all about presentation.

"This is the most authentic South Park game ever produced," Lyon told us, adding with not a little amount of pride, "This is all in-engine [graphics], no video."

Edited by funcroc

NZGamer preview

Not to worry, NZGamer.com managed to secure access to a VIP Microsoft event where the lead developer and producer from Obsidian were showing off small scenes of what they've made so far. The title is, of course, still in its early stages so we were forbidden from taking any pictures. But the memory is a powerful thing, and there was enough on offer for us to get a general idea of how South Park is shaping up.
Edited by funcroc

So did Jew get cut, renamed, or just not present for the demo?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

THQ's teams will be given the resources to thrive, says new president (Gamasutra)

To Rubin, that so many E3 attendees are excited about Bethesda's South Park: Stick of Truth RPG in an environment where Halo, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed are driving anticipation for the latest sequels speaks to the appetite for new things. The company's games are being favorably received by the consumer press at E3, he says.

THQ's teams will be given the resources to thrive, says new president (Gamasutra)

To Rubin, that so many E3 attendees are excited about Bethesda's South Park: Stick of Truth RPG in an environment where Halo, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed are driving anticipation for the latest sequels speaks to the appetite for new things. The company's games are being favorably received by the consumer press at E3, he says.

If It get's them Bethesda type sales I don't think anyone will mind.

Is the name fixed or will you be able to select it ? Douchebag while initially funny seems like it will get old fast. As well as be more suited to Cartman than the other guys. "New Kid" would be a much better choice I think at least in the long term.

Edited by BobSmith101

https://twitter.com/...909503326138368

South Park: The Stick of Truth received the best E3 RPG award from IGN! @Obsidian_Ent @THQ @SouthPark http://t.co/YuJxcXTS

GameSpy's Best of E3 2012 Awards

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Best RPG

Developer: Obsidian Games

Publisher: THQ

Cartman's special attack involves pulling down his pants, farting, and setting an enemy on fire. Eating Cheesy Poofs restore your health. Enemies are called "douchey vampire kids." Yep, this is definitely a South Park RPG -- and it's unlike any RPG we've heard of. At E3 this year it became much clearer just how much potential it has to completely nail the look and feel that's made South Park a pop-culture staple since 1997, and how damn funny it is (assuming you're a South Park fan). Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Obsidian have done some great work to bring the world of South Park to life, and really makes it feel like you belong in this small mountain town. It's a no-brainer as our favorite RPG of E3.

Edited by funcroc

It does kind of remind me of Costume Quest. Is it turn based? Because from the layout of the field it seems to be that way.

They have the same inspiration regarding combat. Paper Mario.

It's turn-based with timed button presses to make attacks stronger/defend.

It does kind of remind me of Costume Quest. Is it turn based? Because from the layout of the field it seems to be that way.

They have the same inspiration regarding combat. Paper Mario.

It's turn-based with timed button presses to make attacks stronger/defend.

Just like Costume Quest then :) I'm definately going to buy this now.

• 4 weeks later...