China bans foreign embassies from publishing air pollution levels

Humodour

Eh. Last i checked, embassies are considered part of the country it holds and follows their laws. therefore, the US Embassy can completely ignore China's moroncy and continue on. Just like embassies hosted in the US can yak all they want too.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Eh. Last i checked, embassies are considered part of the country it holds and follows their laws. therefore, the US Embassy can completely ignore China's moroncy and continue on. Just like embassies hosted in the US can yak all they want too.

I thought so too, but I imagine there is a bit more to it than that. The other thing is, what the US can do, and what it should do are not the same thing. China will likely penalise the US in some way if they continue publishing pollution levels. The US may decide that it is worth it. Who knows.

And,w e know that works. China 'penalizes' US and US does the same in return. back, and forth back and forth. China won't do that over this particular issue most likely. Best way for China to do with this issue, is to fix their pollution issues instead of copping out and whining because others tell the truth and China prefers to lie.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.