RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Until now I didn't knew that consoles are said to be dead. In fact, I never heard anyone ever talking about consoles being dead.

Will Wright: "Console guys are running scared"

Quote is a bit out of context, he said:

Will Wright: I think all the console guys are running scared. Not so much because of the hardware, but because of the business models, free-to-play and that kind of thing, have shifted underneath them.

He is also talking more about mobile devices than the return of the PC.

In before "piracy killed our sales" whining :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

In before "piracy killed our sales" whining :p

They need a showcase for their UE4, so don't really expect a big huge investment on the game itself.

Besides, it will be more an incomplete UE4 demo anyway (say, UE 3.5), since the big cheese himself said that UE4 won't be really feature complete till ~2014.

Until now I didn't knew that consoles are said to be dead. In fact, I never heard anyone ever talking about consoles being dead.

Will Wright: "Console guys are running scared"

While talking about Will Wright...hmmm...he has some bad news these days

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/03/game-pioneer-will-wrights-personal-gaming-startup-falls-apart-in-litigation-exclusive/

A little older article, but probably pertinent on Wright's "vision" these days. He had the Sims...and...yeah...that's about it these days...for the past decade. Spore sold well but overall was a debacle...and his new start up...well, creativity isn't the problem...litigation is...and has caused some pretty bad problems.

It didn

Spore sold well but overall was a debacle...

critics loved it IIRC

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

critics loved it IIRC

They loved ME3's "artistic ending" too.

However I'd also call ME3's ending another debacle despite the fact that ME3 also sold well. Bioware at least tried to do something about it though, which is different then many companies do.

critics loved it IIRC

However I'd also call ME3's ending another debacle despite the fact that ME3 also sold well. Bioware at least tried to do something about it though, which is different then many companies do.

I think you are placing your opinions, or even that of the vocal internet minorities, a bit too high here. Both Spore and ME3 are very successful both critically and in sales, which is all that matters to the game companies.

Niether was a runaway hit like The Sims, but the word debacle really doesn't fit.

I suppose Charlize Theron was too expensive for Cage?

What's wrong with Ellen Page?

She's a bit overrated, not really talented nor beautiful, she is a poster child for boringly average. Maybe she will do better on another medium like let's say...video games.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

critics loved it IIRC

I think you are placing your opinions, or even that of the vocal internet minorities, a bit too high here. Both Spore and ME3 are very successful both critically and in sales, which is all that matters to the game companies.

Niether was a runaway hit like The Sims, but the word debacle really doesn't fit.

My personal opinion?

I actually liked the original ending of ME3 to a degree, but I understood where people were coming from. I thought it made sense, was cohesive, and I enjoyed it overall.

What I stated didn't actually reflect my opinion, thanks for the accusation.

debacles might not affect the current iteration's sales immediately, but eventually they tank the sales so that even if it sales great initially, it has no long standing in sales (which is why you can't find Spore as easily on shelves these as you can some other games that were released even before spore). Spore itself brought more debacle then ME3 in that it brought several class action lawsuits against EA, as well as forcing EA to back down on it's DRM ideas to the point of even releasing (or supposedly) a DRM free model on Steam.

Some would say any press, even bad press, is good press, but I tend to disagree.

I suppose Charlize Theron was too expensive for Cage?

What's wrong with Ellen Page?

She's a bit overrated, not really talented nor beautiful, she is a poster child for boringly average. Maybe she will do better on another medium like let's say...video games.

at least it's not Felicia Day... ugh

(woohoo, a quote train)

debacles might not affect the current iteration's sales immediately, but eventually they tank the sales so that even if it sales great initially, it has no long standing in sales

I'm pretty sure initial sales are the only ones that really count

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

critics loved it IIRC

My personal opinion?

I actually liked the original ending of ME3 to a degree, but I understood where people were coming from. I thought it made sense, was cohesive, and I enjoyed it overall.

What I stated didn't actually reflect my opinion, thanks for the accusation.

debacles might not affect the current iteration's sales immediately, but eventually they tank the sales so that even if it sales great initially, it has no long standing in sales (which is why you can't find Spore as easily on shelves these as you can some other games that were released even before spore). Spore itself brought more debacle then ME3 in that it brought several class action lawsuits against EA, as well as forcing EA to back down on it's DRM ideas to the point of even releasing (or supposedly) a DRM free model on Steam.

Some would say any press, even bad press, is good press, but I tend to disagree.

I apologize if you think I was accusing you of something, that's why I included the bolded part in my post.

I think you are placing your opinions, or even that of the vocal internet minorities, a bit too high here.

I can understand what you are saying on some level, that Spore and ME3 damaged the intellectual property in some way. Spore still ened up with a couple expansions, so I"m not really sure if that is true. I guess we will see with ME3.

ME3 didn't damage anything. This is such a myth perpetrated by a handful of loudmouth toolbacks. then again, people claimed that BG2, NWN, KOTOR, JE, ME1, DA1, S:RPG, ME2, DA2, the buy out by EA, etc.,e tc. hurt the BIO brand yet BIO keeps on truckin'. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Oh god, Bio decided to rape Ultima O.o

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2012/1699.html

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's not the REAL BIO doing it. It's BIO MYTHIC *not* BIO EDM. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

P.S. I love the way people misuse the word rape which is supposed to mean forceful sex. You cna't have forceful (or unforceful) sex with video games no matter how much gamer perrverts might want to.

P.S.S. Ultima was destroeyd ages ago. It's a passe IP from the past. it's heyday is like 2 decades ago. Get over it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

P.S. I love the way people misuse the word rape which is supposed to mean forceful sex. You cna't have forceful (or unforceful) sex with video games no matter how much gamer perrverts might want to.

A game can blow though. That counts. Games rape me all the time as of late.

Edited by Delfosse