New Humble Indie Bundle - Psychonauts, Bastion, Amnesia, LIMBO

Since I've got allmost all the previous ones (except one that was all smart phone apps), I might just get this one. Not at least because this time I only have one of the games already. And yeah, don't be a cheapskate, if necessary give more to the charity part.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i own all these already

4 excellent games

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Psychonauts is not an indie game.

Both it and Amnesia are very good though. LIMBO feels like an indie game in that it's a short puzzle game with little in the way of story.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Why not be a cheapskate? I bought most of them full price, i won't pay much for just 1 game i'd like. <_<

That's fair enough. I own most of them all already on Steam, too.

But I paid another $50 just because I want to support what these guys do, and the fact that they actively provide me with Linux games and in this case even make them available in the Ubuntu Software Centre! Without DRM!

If you don't pay them much, then please try not to actually COST them money - use BitTorrent to download the games instead of their server bandwidth (they provide a torrent hash).

Edited by Krezack

Psychonauts is not an indie game.

Given the structure of the indie bundles it's entirely plausible that the publishers don't get any money anyway; but Bastion isn't an indie either for that matter (Ubisoft = publisher), and I'm pretty sure Limbo was published by MS (via XBLA) first as well.

Why not be a cheapskate? I bought most of them full price, i won't pay much for just 1 game i'd like. <_>

Because they do have an overhead per transaction. If you already have most of the games, at least donate some more to the charities (besides what you feel like paying for the one or two games you don't have), just so they don't actually have an expense on what is essentially a gesture of trust.

Oh, and I see Krezack already beat me to it...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why not be a cheapskate? I bought most of them full price, i won't pay much for just 1 game i'd like. <_<

But I paid another $50 just because I want to support what these guys do, and the fact that they actively provide me with Linux games and in this case even make them available in the Ubuntu Software Centre! Without DRM!

If you don't pay them much, then please try not to actually COST them money - use BitTorrent to download the games instead of their server bandwidth (they provide a torrent hash).

Cost them money? You're talking like they have millions of $ of costs for downloads. Why didn't you pay full price when these games where originally released if you're such an ardent supporter?

The point is, I will decide how much i give them and you should never try to influence anyone on how much they should pay.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Cost them money? You're talking like they have millions of $ of costs for downloads.

I'm talking like it costs them money to process the hundreds of thousands of downloads they receive in a span of two weeks. Which it does. Bandwidth isn't free. Nor is site maintenance. Nor is customer support. Nor is producing the games in the goddamn first place! I'm pointing out that if you're a sufficiently large cheapskate, your 'contribution' can end up meaning they don't even break even on getting the game to you via their servers. So if you are going to be a cheapskate, or even if you aren't, just use BitTorrent to download the gigs worth of data to help these guys out a bit.

Now quit complaining about feeling guilty after reading my post and either buy the games OR DON'T! You have the option to pay as much or little for these excellent quality games provided in an excellent quality format as you bloody well please, but don't come on here feeling insulted because you paid them bugger all. I WILL treat you like a tosser for doing so.

Why didn't you pay full price when these games where originally released if you're such an ardent supporter?

I did. And I'm paying again because they've added Linux support.

The point is, I will decide how much i give them and you should never try to influence anyone on how much they should pay.

Good for you. Now go do that instead of having a cry about it on here.

Edited by Krezack

I think I'll give $2.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The developers of the Humble Indie bundles, as well of the devs of the games sold within the current bundle, discuss piracy, Linux, how much is too little to pay, etc in this article (actually a summary of a Reddit discussion). Worth reading, especially given the content of this current thread.

http://mashable.com/2012/06/01/humble-indie-bundle-reddit/

Isn't he saying that if you buy the games for only a couple of bucks, use the torrent download instead of direct download? Ie has nothing to do with saying people should pirate them?

Edit: in fact, the first answer in that post even covers what Krezack was saying.

PayPal has a floor of $0, so we don

Edited by Spider

That's how I understood it too. Most bundles so far has offered either direct download and Steam/Other keys and some larger files a torrent option seeded by Humble Bundle.

Isn't he saying that if you buy the games for only a couple of bucks, use the torrent download instead of direct download? Ie has nothing to do with saying people should pirate them?

Ah, my bad, I must have misunderstood him then.

Edited by Hurlshot

Back on the Xbox, Psychonauts used to make me nauseous (many 3D platformers do.) On the PC, so far it is much easier for me to handle, so I'm glad I got it. My daughter also played a bit, so that was fun.

This Humble Bundle just became even more awesome.

They've just added Braid to it.

They've also added Super Meat Boy, and Lone Survivor. Whatever they are.

But Braid! For those who have already bought it - you get Braid free now. :)

Braid, Bastion, Psychonauts, Amnesia, LIMBO. What's not to love?

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Note: you have to pay more than the current average (around $8 ) to unlock Braid and Bastion. If you didn't pay that, you can increase your payment above the average after-the-fact to unlock them.

Edited by Krezack