Cyberpunk 2020 by CD Projekt

Cyberpunk2020.jpg

I wanted to make the thread because I absolutely love this pnp game, and am very excited that CD Projekt is adapting it into a video game.

All I know so far is that the crpg will have classes (hopefully lifted directly from the book, because if this game doesn't let you play a drug dealing Fixer or cyborg fascist mercenary Solo then I will be greatly disappointed)

i really really really hope its a turn based game, because that will be the only way to capture the essence of the combat system, which is very very fun and very very lethal.e

edits: here are some links:

http://kotaku.com/5914314/the-witcher-creators-are-creating-the-official-cyberpunk-role+playing-game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

http://com275artoffilm.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

http://store.fastcommerce.com/talsorian/cyberpunk-2020-ff80818117a128240117a49939c74360-c.html

Edited by entrerix
  • Like 3

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's said to be non-linear, though I'm not sure to what extent.

I am already intrigued and almost happy. Thanks for the news.

cyborg fascist mercenary
This sounds like my day-job. Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

if they really are trying to emulate the feel of the pnp game, we might end up with a game that feels like fallout or baldurs gate. crpg's that try to emulate pnp games seem to end up better than crpg's that try to emulate other crpg's... they get too far from the original source

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I could just imagine Alpha Protocol done like this.. Or..this done like Alpha Protocol..

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

there is basically no way to adapt this game without making it a mature game, the setting is full of drugs and violence

I have zero idea what Cyberpunk 2020 is about, but cyberpunk game from CD Projekt = takemymoney.jpg

It's an old-skool take on early cyberpunk, so it's more crunchy than the later stuff. In the RPG (PnP) you had some genuinely cool character builds and the setting was pretty cool.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Definitely interested in this, I guess I'll read up on the PnP game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hope they manage to capture the right 80s " old skool cyberpunk" vibe!

Sex-cards, silly sex-scenes, boobies, characters from the game being featured in playboy. All the usual CDProject mature goodness!

But yeah, this is pretty cool news. Could make for something really interesting.

Ugh. :(

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Last time I played PnP Cyberpunk was in 97. The DM sent a trauma team to rescue some CEO from my Solo.

They empied 3-4 clips into him, and that was the end of that.

Great setting, great game.

From almost any other rpg company this would be a must buy but CDP.. the makers of thec rappy Twitcher series? *puke* I'll wait and get it in bargain bin. Still, kudos to them, for FINALLY doing something other than Twitcher stuff like they've done the past decade. :p

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Arrivin' at da village

chllin' with ma peeps

seein' monstas roomin'

fillin' up the streets

Imma silce, imma dice

collectin' ma bounties

chicks starin' at ma muscles

I'll collect their booties

(chorus) A Witcher in the village~

(Baddest mofo in da country!)

Witcher in the village~

etc etc