Obsidian currently working on next-gen console title

funcroc

They updated their jobs page, btw. At least the picture is new, and IIRC the description's also new/changed.

Join the Obsidian Entertainment Team!

Obsidian Entertainment is always looking for creative individuals interested in a challenging environment creating the best role-playing games in the world. If making the next generation of role-playing games in a friendly, enjoyable atmosphere is what you're looking for, we want to hear from you!

Obsidian Entertainment is the best of both worlds - the stability and cutting edge projects of a large studio combined with the family (and family-friendly) feel of a smaller company. We emphasize employee development through seminars, conventions, and research and boast open communication both within and across projects.

If you think you have the chops (that is, experience, qualifications and passionate desire) to create AAA role-playing games, send us a cover letter, resume, and samples of your work (portfolios and demo reels, sample code, personal websites or anything else that demonstrates your abilities.) Obsidian Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer.

Benefits at Obsidian

Being a part of one of the few remaining independent developers in the world creating role-playing games is only the start! Obsidian offers many benefits to its employees:

Competitive salaries
Immediate 401k with matching and no vesting periods
Complete comprehensive employee health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays and an additional week off during the December holidays
A well maintained games, book and DVD library with hundreds of titles available to borrow
Movie Fridays where the company takes a workday field trip across the street to see the latest and greatest blockbuster movies

Edited by C2B

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds familiar... pop quiz time, which Obsidian guy started out as "the web guy" and made a career in the games industry? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Chris Avellone@Linkedin:

Obsidian’s looking to fill some MMO design positions. If interested, drop a line at the links below, we’d welcome the resumes! http://lnkd.in/bm8kexj http://lnkd.in/buuixsk

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

OEI is making an MMORPG? Man... don't those things always end up as failures? Does Obsidian really need another game that people will bash?

They are doing contract work on one, not making one.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Obsidian hardly has the resources to make a Bethesda-esque game. Bethesda should make Fallout 4 (read: the engine and the tools) and then contract Obsidian to make an Add-On (example: New Vegas). 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Obsidian hardly has the resources to make a Bethesda-esque game. Bethesda should make Fallout 4 (read: the engine and the tools) and then contract Obsidian to make an Add-On (example: New Vegas).

Bethesda reuses them themselves everytime with (sometimes smaller, sometimes larger) adjustments so I don't really see your point. Edited by C2B

I for one don't want Bethesda's bug-ridden foundations anywhere near me and mine. I'm currently stuck unable to complete Skyrim's DLC _OR_ Fallout 3's DLC because of bugs.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

New Vegas an Add-On? What kind of weed are you vaping?

That's like saying Fallout 2, IWD 1/2, KOTOR 2 were all add-ons. 

• Like 1

Fallout just belongs to Obsidian. Bethesda can keep TES and make glorious Oblivion 2 or something.

Pity it will never happen. In fact Obsidian would made a better TES game than Bethesda as well. Bethesda should stick to publising and not making games. They are terrible at it.

Fallout just belongs to Obsidian. Bethesda can keep TES and make glorious Oblivion 2 or something.

Magnanimous Brian Fargo should buy the IP from Bethseda and gift it to his good friends at Obsidian.

Or maybe start a Kickstarter to scrounge together the money for the IP.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.