Obsidian currently working on next-gen console title

funcroc

"Any Programmers want to come work at Obsidian Entertainment? We are looking for Engine, Tools, Gameplay, Network, and Audio programmers right now. Check out or jobs page and apply today"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why wouldnt they rehire the Engine, Tools, Gameplay, Network and Audio programmers they just laid off?

Well, it's been months since then, some of them have found other positions (some of them funcroc has kept track of...), others have founded their own indie studios (Jason Fader and a couple of others have at least), etc. That said, yeah, I would find it weird if they didn't try to rehire the free ones, but I'm sure they have/they are.

• 2 months later...

OT: OEI designer Matt Festa's LI profile updated

Lead Technical Designer

Obsidian Entertainment

May 2008 – Present (4 years 6 months)

Prototype Designer on unannounced project

• Strike Team Lead on Project North Carolina [unannounced, cancelled]

• CTG (Core Technology Group) Tech Designer

• Lead Tech Designer on Dungeon Siege 3: Treasures of the Sun DLC

• Lead Tech Designer on Dungeon Siege 3

• Lead Area Designer on Dungeon Siege 3

• Designer on Aliens: Crucible [cancelled]

Unannounced, huh? Can't exactly be Stick of Truth or Eternity then... :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 5 weeks later...

Obviously, it's going to be a Sci-Fi RPG exclusive for the XBOX720, published by Microsoft to replace ME for going multiplatform.

A man can dream ...

I thought you were being sarcastic but then you said "a man can dream..." so now I have to ask, why would you want them to make an Xbox exclusive title?

Obviously, it's going to be a Sci-Fi RPG exclusive for the XBOX720, published by Microsoft to replace ME for going multiplatform.

A man can dream ...

I thought you were being sarcastic but then you said "a man can dream..." so now I have to ask, why would you want them to make an Xbox exclusive title?

Because:

A: That's the cancelled game from march. Resulting in the big layoffs.

B: Working on an exclusive is really valuable for a dev and in many cases can be a breakout title. See above.

Granted that's not really interesting (short-term) for the average Obsidian player.

Edited by C2B

Rock Band RPG.

OH MAAAAN! This! I can already see the game in my head....

>A hater is creating hate topic at your blog, pointing that your music is ripping off from a certain obscure 1988 band.

Fortunately it's midnight, there are no replies yet.

>What will you do?

1. Ignore, because it's pure coincidence (The rumor spread uncontrollably at 3chan, -100 fame, Companion Joe left the band.)

2. Deny and try to explain. (Some fans think it's a damage control, but thankfully your other tunes are quite original, so people believe your explanation and glad you're honest with them. -10 fame)

3. Dismiss the troll with alternative website account (Your efforts does little in front of the sheer amount of haters, but at least you successfully planted the idea of coincidence, -50 fame.)

4. [Courage 40] Delete the thread. (For some odd reasons or dumb luck, there are no retaliations from the TC. Maybe he/she died in an accident or heart attack somewhere, -0 fame.)