Obsidian currently working on next-gen console title

funcroc

I dunno, considering it sold like 3 units, I have a hard time calling it overrated, more like the opposite - even with its flaws. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, I said that because I already read tons of messages here and you're always appear as an endless tower of barely contained anger against the others' tastes. I don't think I ever saw something pleasing you and I'm quite sure I'm not the first one making a comment on the subject.

Besides, criticize is not the word you should use, considering you always seem to "describe" the bad part, if there ever was a good part actually. Criticize means backing your points with arguments, not waltzing away after several bad words. At least, that's the definition as told by the dictionary: "To judge the merits and faults of; analyze and evaluate".

So, if I may correct your mistake, the word you're actually looking for is *thrash* like in the line "I can still thrash stuff without hating it".

As it is, you state subjective opinions as if they were objective facts. That's... bad, for lack of a better word.

Consider a little more how the others feel when someone is thrashing a game they liked, even if this concept might not be familiar to places where you're coming from...

• Like 1

Obsidian looking for a Flash Character Artist and Character Animator

http://www.obsidian.net/jobs/animation/jobs-art-flashcharacter.html

In both cases its a 6 month contract position.

So, a Browser based Flash Game? For next-gen consoles? That's somewhat based on music? Or are these different projects? Well, at least it will be interesting to see what this one will turn out to be.

South Park isn't flash. And I'd be skeptical of whatever Kickstarter project they end up going with being flash.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

South Park isn't flash. And I'd be skeptical of whatever Kickstarter project they end up going with being flash.

They've looked for people with expertise on Flash before like a year ago or so. And afaik the consensus on that was those people were recruited to work on South Park (known as the animated project back then).

Hate the living, love the dead.

I question that consensus. But it's readily possible I'm missing something in that. I thought the only reason we ever thought that was South Park was before we knew it was Onyx.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ehr, just because flash is listed as a requirement doesn't mean that they're working on a flash game. Besides, this looks like a temp contract for South Park.

Did you even click my link?

http://www.obsidian....hcharacter.html

Flash Character Artist

Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a new artist with Flash experience.

This person should be comfortable creating characters in 2D and have a strong sense for character designs and character pipelines. Some knowledge of ActionScript (2.0 or 3.0) preferred. We are looking to fill a 6 month contract position.

Requirements

Edited by C2B

Yeah, I did. Similar job posts have been put up by Obsidian in the past for the South Park RPG, which isn't a mobile/browser-based title.

No, not like this. Yes, some of them required Flash experience but it was nowhere this explicit and didn't refer to "browser".

Again, this line

Edited by C2B

It probably is a temp. South Park gig.

However, I'll add that Flash is a lot more robust than people give it credit for. A lot of modern games use Scaleform for their UI, which is flash-based. I haven't toyed around with the Unity Engine much, but my friend who does work with Unity spends more time editing flash than anything else.

Edited by Shadowstrider

SP the cartoon is designed in Maya, I would have thought that the game would be similar in approach so Max\ Maya whatever for character design. Most references to flash for PC/S360 games refer to the UI.

I'd agree that the six month contract sounds very South Park related.

what about that XBLA title, or w/e?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I for one hope that they finally do something with the wheel of time rights they have. Didn't hear anything about that for ages.

They never had the Wheel of Time rights. They were just contracted to help out on a potential game.

Red Eagle Games is, but so far they seem little more than a name with some people attached to it. Their website hasn't been updated since 2009

You're wasting your breath, boy.

I'm gonna say what I please, both positive and critical expressions, as long as it is comforming with these board rules. Don't like what I'm saying, then either grow up or put me on your ignore list. But stop wasting your time writing walls of text how unpleasent I am.

"Both positive and negative"please.

By the way, the day when Obsidian announces a mobile phone game is the day I weep for WRPGs as a whole.

Don't fail me, Spiderweb Software.

• 4 weeks later...