Just bought PC bundle, game won't start

pezdis

Question

I just bought the digital bundle of DS3 + the Sun DLC from Gamestop, had no problems installing it with Steam. When I try to run it, there isn't even an error message, the game just won't run. Opening the Task Manager while I do this shows the DS3 executable running in the process list for about 5 seconds before inexplicably disappearing.

I've tried reinstalling both from Steam and Gamestop multiple times, changing regional settings around, reinstalling C++ libraries, and nothing works. The most frustrating part about this is that there is no error message, so I have no idea where to start. My PC meets the Sysreq easily enough, but is it an issue with the Radeon x1900 video card? Anyone have any insight on this?

4 answers to this question

Not much insight I'm afraid. Mandatory question, have you installed the latest drivers for the x1900 (not exactly the newest kid on the block, but I think drivers might still have been updated in recent years). What OS version and the rest of the key hardware specs (memory etc.)?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

As far as I know, the x1900's most recent driver update was the Catalyst Control Center that Radeon released for it (which I'm using), since they consider the x1900 legacy now.

Processors: Intel Pentium D 3.40 GHz

RAM: 4GB

And of course, the GFX card is the Radeon x1900.

Seriously does the game start for you, moderators? I have the same problem. What kind of a world we live in where Microsoft game doesn't work for Microsoft OS?

I'll describe the problem. After I installed a game and launch it through Steam, it displays "preparing to launch Dungeon siege 3" window for a second then nothing happens...

This is really frustrating, game seems better than that terribad DS2. Anyway I can't be certain obviously since it just won't start and it doesnt have to do with my video card, drivers or something like that. I successfully launch numerous other games, Aquanox, Stronghold, Half life 2... But not DS3 :(

I use Windows 7 and have 4gb RAM if that helps anyhow

PS and where is that patch, the one http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/57953-steam-update-released-game-doesnt-start-anymore/page__view__findpost__p__1126218 talked about.

Edited by ptmn