Multiplayer - Speculations & Possibilities

Just making this thread so we could have all the speculations of multiplayer in one place as well as all the possibilities that it would bring to the game.

Also, my decision of making this thread comes from the little information we have about the game so far, here is a video for reference of information: Click

My main questions (Speculations):

• Will the game have co-op / multiplayer for the story mode?
  • If so, will it range from 1-2 or 1-4 players / controllers at once?
  • Also, will there be a possibility of customizing the other players?

From my speculations, I came to the conclusion by myself that you would only be able to play one main character (which is the one you start with- fully customizable) and have the ability to control your companions, either with controller 1 or controller 1 to 4.

My main thoughts (Possibilities):

You could swap out the companion with a new character (Player 2 / Controller 2) - This new character could be a character profile (Pre-Created Character), you know, such as with other games, you would have the ability to load up a character you already played with, or have the choice to create a new one.

Your companions for some reason has to travel with you - In this case (Player 2 / Controller 2) would be forced to play as the companion, if no other space is available in the "party". In this possibility I'm assuming there would be a maximum amount of characters that can be in the party during combat interactions.

When choosing a new character for (Player 2 / Controller 2) - The character would come out from the bushes - Come out from a taxi drive-by - Come out from the sewers - Summoned by Jesus Christ in a magician "realistic" way - Just suddenly appear when you enter a new zone / area - Etc

Please reply with your own speculations & possibilities on how this would work in the game. Also- feel free to discuss randomness. Thank you for reading. :skull:

Co-op will probably be drop in-drop out. Player 1 controlls the main character and player 2 controls your companion.

Yeah, that's what I am expecting...

Hopefully they will surprise us with the multiplayer. It would be nice if you could also play the story mode with another friend that isn't in the same room, like for example connecting to your friend's game over the PSN or Xbox Live, or through Steam etc.

• 1 month later...

I never heard of co-op in a turn-based RPG...

Some of the Final Fantasy games have a multiplayer option in battles.

But then again, a lot of people don't consider the FF games to be turn based.

Edited by Labadal