What are you playing now?

Realized I have a lot of room left in my bandwidth cap, so hit up Steam & GOG. Giving Star Ruler, DoD and Runaway 1 a go (probably should try that Resonance adventure game as well).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Decided to clear some of my backlog with low hanging fruit. Started Rochard yesterday, finished it today. A fun little sidescrolling shooter, with some significant physics manipulation. Low gravity, a gravity gun style weapon, and some interesting stuff on that such as propelling items to jump further or swinging around on stationary objects.

I can recommend it if you like sidescrolling shooters and you see it for $5. The $9.99 if you really crave a sidescrolling shooter. It's good, not exceptional.

And my backlog is not down because the new installment of Penny-Arcade Adventures released today. So - +.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Haven't played anything for a while but now I started up a game of Civ V with the new expansion. Not finished with the game but so far I'm very positive on the additions. Religion and espionage adds a welcome layer of extra managing on top on the game, "fattens" it a bit. Works quite well from what I can see so far.

I enjoyed Civ V before but yep... Even better now!

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Well Runaway's fun so far, surprising body count so far. Puzzles aren't too wacky, although I keep missing items Brian is standing in front of when he enters the scene, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished Assassin's Creed.

Interesting game with cool setting and protagonist, marred with repetitive gameplay and annoying cutscenes. "Assassins" is also a misnomer since only 3 of the contracts can actually by completed with stealth. Most of the time you're forced into hacking through groups of guards.

And, oh yeah, the story started out pretty well but took a nosedive after the eighth or ninth contract.

Ubisoft's Prince of Persia game that came out in the same year, is much better than this.

Overall, 6.5/10

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah, Sawyer's FNV mod is interesting. And tough. I'm only level 3, and have gotten as far as clearing the Bison Steve in Primm. (Although I held off on Ringo's quest for awhile to keep the Powder Gangers non-hostile.) 100 carry weight (5 ST character) is certainly an adjustment, and I'm scrounging for food a lot. I like the changes to the various Merc armors to make them competitive with Leather early on (Leather with 6 DT, or Merc armor with 4 DT and +10 E-Weaps??). Still really working out just how much food, water, and stims (which now weigh 0.25 each) I should be carrying along when I leave my homebase (temporarily located in Victor's house).

Just finished the Sniper Elite V2 demo.

Head-shotting Nazis at 200 metres with my Springfield is very good fun, especially with the physics engine taking into account heart-rate and windage. The anatomically correct and very gory bullet-cam is another gruesome addition.

It looks nice, there's lots of stealth involved as well as hosing Fritz down with your MP40. Think I'll get the full version.

Great game, suffers from some annoying spawn points that makes trip mines useless.

Edit: Just noticed how bad this post sounds, I really like the game.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I played a bit theHunter again yesterday. :p

It feels a bit like ArmA2 without third person... You walk through forests, try to spot stuff to kill and then you try to kill it.

e574c5bc4c8eeca2229998c04d330d03f3cdb9cc.jpg

Though, the spotting is actually kind of easy, compared to finding the animal when it is running off with a bleeding wound. I'd say, I need around 10 minutes to take my first shot and then I'll spend 20 minutes with trying to find the wounded. Well, it still is kind of fun, for a while.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I played a bit theHunter again yesterday. :p

It feels a bit like ArmA2 without third person... You walk through forests, try to spot stuff to kill and then you try to kill it.

[snip]

Though, the spotting is actually kind of easy, compared to finding the animal when it is running off with a bleeding wound. I'd say, I need around 10 minutes to take my first shot and then I'll spend 20 minutes with trying to find the wounded. Well, it still is kind of fun, for a while.

So, all it's missing to be like real hunting is the standing still and freezing your ass off in the woods for 4 hours without seeing anything interesting. I assume there's a "gut your kill" minigame?

In fact, there really is a minigame you can play on your "hunter mate" pda. But no "gut your kill" minigame. :p

And yeah, you don't have to spend hours with waiting for something. You usually walk around, listen to sounds / trails, track the animal for a while and then try to hit it.

People say that theHunter is the best hunting simulation currently available. I personally can't judge that, as I never really played any.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I love Space Marine. And the multiplayer was a blast while it was populated.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

im definitely looking forward to getting max payne 3 once it drops to around $30 or so

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Steam sale, maybe. And if I can download all 30 gigs of it at work somehow :p How is the story in the game by the way ?

Right now, not too taken with Runaway so will try to kill it off for completion's sake.

Finished Max Payne 3 singleplayer campaign. Excellent game.

MP3 shows how third-person shooters are done right.

You sir, are a man of discerning taste. I tip my hat to you.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finally nearing the point in FO:NV that I can attempt the DLC. I'm at level 28 now, and counting.

This time I decided to do a lot of the outside New Vegas quests first. I haven't even made it inside the strip yet.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Do you mean Lonesome Road? I think this is the only DLC where I would suggest a level of 28 or higher. Honest Hearts can be done easily on level 5, Dead Money on level 10 and Old World Blues on level 15+. That's how I did them the last time I played FNV and it was working quite good (but then again, I find Honest Hearts a lot more interesting with Brush Gun and Anti-Materiel Rifle wielding White Legs. Somehow fits the setting quite good).