What are you playing now?

Keep telling us about your recent endeavours in gaming, here.

Myself, I'm going through The Witcher 2, and Deux Ex:HR, right now.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Started playing MechWarrior 4 just now. Took me... 2 hours... to figure out that the game kept minimizing on me because firefox was running in the background. >_<

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Tried a little Nation Red. Mindless gunning fun. I think I'm going to like it.

Anyone played any of the games in the Avernum series? Downloaded demo for the #6 one, going to check that out today. Looked kinda old-skool rpg or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Civ V, still leaving me a bit cold, but eh, was in the mood for a Civ game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dirt [loading] 3.

Just yutzing around learning how to properly drive a rally course.

Gonna start messing around with uncharted 3.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I can't decide what to play this weekend :( It sometimes suck to have such a big collection of games :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Portal 2. Trying out numerous custom puzzles. I always try to give constructive criticism.

Might make one, myself.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Do you have the MekTek version? It should be more compatible with newer Windows versions. And play Mercenaries too if you can. Really hard at places, but loads of fun.

No, I had'nt even heard of it, I'll check it out, cheers. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Still puttering around on TOR. Have got to get back to play some of the Saints Row the Third dlc at some point, but haven't been in the right wacky mood.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Portal 2 still. Spent the past 4 hours creating two mechanics. Integrated them into a minor test chamber and published it as friends only. Add me as a friend if you want to see it and please please leave feedback if you do.

Going to try out some other people's chambers, then come back fresh tomorrow to try to put those two mechanics into a more complex puzzle.

Haha, starting to really like Nation Red. Fits my current short-gaming-session mentality. No questing, dialogues, or purpose but to shoot and survive. Wouldn't play it all day but very fun to do a few level plays in a row. Haven't tried the "Mission" levels yet, still trying to get better at surviving longer.

Tried Alan Wake...I love the atmosphere of the game but the fast stress (shadow person! run! into the light! run! thump! flashlight! run!) tired me out quickly. The aim/shoot controls do feel a little clumsy, but it's not too bad. Night time scenes look/feel awesome - character faces (in all the cinematics) are horrid, tho. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Spent 4 hours working on my test chamber. And found a neat revision for a mechanic, followed by a new related mechanic.

Promptly tried using them both together and received a cacophony of laser noise. And that's why you should never get attached to anything you design. Because those two should not be on the same map, let alone the same puzzle. Heck, the old mechanic wasn't that good anyway. I think I'll scrap half the chamber and forget it ever existed.

Haha, starting to really like Nation Red. Fits my current short-gaming-session mentality. No questing, dialogues, or purpose but to shoot and survive. Wouldn't play it all day but very fun to do a few level plays in a row. Haven't tried the "Mission" levels yet, still trying to get better at surviving longer.

Tried Alan Wake...I love the atmosphere of the game but the fast stress (shadow person! run! into the light! run! thump! flashlight! run!) tired me out quickly. The aim/shoot controls do feel a little clumsy, but it's not too bad. Night time scenes look/feel awesome - character faces (in all the cinematics) are horrid, tho. :lol:

This isn't a story spoiler but it is a game mechanic spoiler

It sounds like you're doing what I did and are trying to conserve as much ammo as possible for something big. You never need to because there is always enough ammo littered nearby for whatever the game is about to throw at you and all of your equipment is reset after every chapter anyway. You might as use the shotgun and hunting rifle as your primary weapons, switch to the pistol as a last resort and shoot everything that moves when you're up against a mob that isn't easy to get away from, it does make things easier and in retrospect was probably exactly how the developers intended players to tackle the levels.

Too tired to play any live games. So it's Civ time for me, while listening to Conn Iggulden's pulp fantasy/history of Genghiz Khan.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Uncharted 3, Drake's Fortune.

The game as a whole feels very... scattered. Basically if you took the plot down to it's base it's about Nathan Drake and his relationship with Sully (his father figure). The thing is that there are so many plot cul-de-sac's that it gets just annoying. Levels pop up out of nowhere and are never mentioned again (a whole segment that's technically impressive in the middle of the game on a boat is only there because it's an amazing setpiece and shows off water/tidal effects). Basically it's what happens when a dev team go "Ok, we've got our set pieces... now what do we do to make em work?"

They have a stealth mechanic but I found that it was very clunky and I'd get off one or two stealth kills before just getting into a firefight... and getting killed a dozen times because there'd be RPG's and guys in heavy armor (that take a full load of ammo to go down), as well as the standard punks to get ya.

The actual shooting was fine, although they need to change how tossing grenades back works. And add in a track target feature somehow. Major drawback, however, is that the game seems tailor built (excepting one or two sequences) for co-op play, so you're facing down REDICULOUS odds with an ai partner who can barely shoot, and never uses more than the standard pistol.

More thoughts in the mornin if there's interest.

Drake's Fortune felt very weak for me, too. Chloe and the new guy were only bit characters. Elaine's arc felt like old territory. I hope they don't do a 4, and move onto something new, but if they do, hopefully they can stop trying to reintroduce Elaine and their relationship. They're married, let's move on.

And when will they learn about pseudo supernatural fights near the end. They don't know how to do them well, they should stop trying. I swear, the monsters get less fun to fight every single game.

Warlock - Master of the Arcane.

A dangerous game. Just one more turn. Then one more turn. Ah what the heck, just one more turn... suddenly the afternoon had disappeared.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Drake's Fortune felt very weak for me, too. Chloe and the new guy were only bit characters. Elaine's arc felt like old territory. I hope they don't do a 4, and move onto something new, but if they do, hopefully they can stop trying to reintroduce Elaine and their relationship. They're married, let's move on.

And when will they learn about pseudo supernatural fights near the end. They don't know how to do them well, they should stop trying. I swear, the monsters get less fun to fight every single game.

I will for give them the one in 3 given the Plot device used to inject that element. The entire game would have felt tighter of chloe and cutter had been cut and the three major reoccurring characters had been "the crew". What that game needed more than anything was a unified creative vision that had it planned from beginning to end.

Judging by how quickly 3 went poof on the radars, I doubt that we'll be seeing a four.

Tried some All Points Bulletin yesterday, as it is F2P now and you can't do much wrong with that.... And I fully understand why this game flopped.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well Claudia had Gears 3 among other things and McTavish got a gig in Hobbit in the middle of development, so they had eave them out.

The game as a whole feels very... scattered. Basically if you took the plot down to it's base it's about Nathan Drake and his relationship with Sully (his father figure). The thing is that there are so many plot cul-de-sac's that it gets just annoying. Levels pop up out of nowhere and are never mentioned again (a whole segment that's technically impressive in the middle of the game on a boat is only there because it's an amazing setpiece and shows off water/tidal effects). Basically it's what happens when a dev team go "Ok, we've got our set pieces... now what do we do to make em work?"

They have a stealth mechanic but I found that it was very clunky and I'd get off one or two stealth kills before just getting into a firefight... and getting killed a dozen times because there'd be RPG's and guys in heavy armor (that take a full load of ammo to go down), as well as the standard punks to get ya.

The actual shooting was fine, although they need to change how tossing grenades back works. And add in a track target feature somehow. Major drawback, however, is that the game seems tailor built (excepting one or two sequences) for co-op play, so you're facing down REDICULOUS odds with an ai partner who can barely shoot, and never uses more than the standard pistol.

I can't take you seriously when you don't even know the title. >_<

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I can't take you seriously when you don't even know the title. >_<

Uncharted: Drakes Deception, whatever. It's Uncharted 3 where they decided to throw "you're on a sinking ship" "you're lost in the desert" "Your chasing after a plane in a car to jump onboard" "you crash that plane" "you run down a caravan on horses and blow it all up" and "swarms of giant spiders scared of a torch" at your face with very little rhyme or reason for them to be connected.

You realize I posted that at like 1-2 am or something and was a little bit tired....

Also, Cutter was Lucius Vorenus and Killer Number 2?

Edited by Calax