Scotland Yard goes a bit PC too far...

Raithe

For the kind of duh laughter track.. Scotland Yard are pushing their IT department to drop the use of the terms "Whitelist" and "Blacklist" because they can be deemed racially offensive.

They want to start using the terms "redlist" and "greenlist"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/9250580/Police-IT-department-bans-word-blacklist-in-case-it-is-deemed-racist.html

"This is not a change in policy. It is a change in internal ICT terminology which reflects a more appropriate use of language in a professional, policing environment."

You'd kind of think they could focus on a few, you know.. criminal issues instead?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Your tax money at work... :lol:

I guess they can't even use black humour to describe their predicament. There is such a thing as not being unnecessarily offensive and then there is PC taken to ridiculous levels where you can't say anything without it getting analysed twice over.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

To be fair, the Telegraph is a sensationalist piece of **** newspaper that takes things that MIGHT be true, acts like they are DEFINITELY true, and then blows them out of proportion. In fact, I'm surprised it's not run by News Corp.

Still, a rather silly policy should it be correct (and again, it's hard to tell, given the source).

And have tney even considered how offensive 'redlist' would be for native Americans. Disgusting !

Or republicans and tree-huggers.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Or communists, Liverpool fans..

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Note to self: compile list of Liverpool fans.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.