South Park RPG pops up for pre-order at Greemangaming

I am not sure how legit this site is, and it makes me wonder since there are no other pre-orders up on other sites (including STEAM) as of yet. Plus, the price tag is hefty for a PC game. But...

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/se/en/pc/games/rpgs/south-park-game/

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I think they are operating the same way as the cd key store where Morgoth goes shopping. I.e. they buy bulk keys cheaply in various parts of the world and resell them at a profit. Read about somebody discovering on Steam that they had purchased a German version of some violent game and ended up with no blood (and foreign language) ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Greenman always struck me as too high profile for a key store. But I don't have enough information to contest that.

It also popped up at Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B006JSY3MI/

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think they are operating the same way as the cd key store where Morgoth goes shopping. I.e. they buy bulk keys cheaply in various parts of the world and resell them at a profit. Read about somebody discovering on Steam that they had purchased a German version of some violent game and ended up with no blood (and foreign language) ;)

...how that would even make sense considering German titles are more expensive on Steam?

Besides, Green Man Gaming has its own client and doesn't sell Steam/Origin games exclusively. It seems like reaching to me.

...how that would even make sense considering German titles are more expensive on Steam?

Besides, Green Man Gaming has its own client and doesn't sell Steam/Origin games exclusively. It seems like reaching to me.

Possibly. As indicated at the start of my post, it's just speculation on my part. Not a lot of info available on how they operate. I simply found a list of games on the Steam forums where people compared results of games purchased through those green man guys (i.e. they maintain a "positive" list of games that has been confirmed to work).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Dunno about that, but GMG are decent in my experience / to my knowledge, though obviously it's hard to beat gamersgate. Still, no reason to preorder this early unless it's cheaper than elsewhere.

I still can't believe they're charging full price for a game that looks like some Android app you could get for 2,50

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm not even sure what the complaint means in this case. I mean... from the screenshots, it basically looks like a South Park episode to my eyes. Isn't that kind of... the point? What else should it look like?

I guess they should convert Cartman and the others into characters that would fit into Crysis or something. Then I would get my goddamn GRAFIX!

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm not even sure what the complaint means in this case.

My Whiny Wendy to English dictionary says it means the following: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it does not look like Crysis. WAAAAAAAAAAAA".

Hate the living, love the dead.

I'm not even sure what the complaint means in this case.

My Whiny Wendy to English dictionary says it means the following: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it does not look like Crysis. WAAAAAAAAAAAA".

Moron.

What I meant was "Why did Obsidian even sign up to this?". I could see doing them a tablet version maybe. Have we already seen any gameplay videos? How's that supposed to work?

And don't give me this "They didn't have any choice" bs now.

What I meant was "Why did Obsidian even sign up to this?". I could see doing them a tablet version maybe. Have we already seen any gameplay videos? How's that supposed to work?

It seems like a pretty safe project to take on, to me. The graphics don't have to be top notch (South Park cartoon is hardly great graphics), and the franchise itself has quite the following, allowing for a potentially big market for the game.

Not my ideal choice -- I'm not really a South Park fan, so my interest in this game is about "meh". But from a financial aspect, I think this is a safer game for them to take on that a few they have.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

A choice can be so obvious that it's effectively "not any choice".

Looking for somebody who wants to finance a project running on Onyx and somebody with a wallet comes along and offers to finance a project running on Onyx? Creates revenue and added experience with the in-house engine. I can't see how they could not make that choice.

• 1 month later...