What you did today

Tale

Broke the arm rest off my computer chair, so will have fun nabbing a replacement today. Does make me note that this computer cart is a poor substitute for a desk though (arm rests not necessary if you actually have space to rest arms on). Is a damn scorcher out today too - 30 C - and TV has these idiots saying this weather is great :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The European Championships is turning out to be all kinds of awesome.

Yup, it is. So far only disappointment for me has been Netherlands (go go RVP and Robben). Now, hope France curbstomps England tomorrow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Having a somewhat "casual Monday"... wind up in the elevator with the chairman and another board member. Classic.

(Our board being fully "outside" and consisting of CEOs of the several major conglomerates that form our membership)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The australian relations have left for a week, so now we all try to destress before they arrive back for the two weeks after that...

Although with the hassle of moving the pc back and forth out of the cramped space its in at the moment.. I think I'll actually wait till they're gone for good to do it.

Woke up early, but the heavy wind and rain on the window was just hypnotic and I kept zoning out for stretches before i forced myself to get up.

Got some mathematical models to check and a 38 page report to read once more and see just how much sticks to the mental plate...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Stayed home from work today. Didn't feel very well. I got bored of lying in bed, so I beat Normal in Diablo III with my American Demon Hunter. Played act 1 for a little bit, but then it was time to watch football. Sweden up against Ukraine. I hope they make me proud.

Yesterday largely took a break from D3 and spent time in the yard reading under the shade, playing with the outdoor kitty...sunny and warm so it was nice. Then watched TV. Relaxed. Today it's supposed to be a bit warmer so I'll likely stay indoors (AC...) after I run some errands. I swear my tombstone will say "She sure did run a lot of errands."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got stabbed and bled today - hate blood work. Another day of banging head against a wall, otherwise.

Between the Eurpean championships, the NCAA baseball playoffs, the Indy Car races, and the Rays-Marlins series over the weekend I have been glued to my TV for days. I gotta snap out of this before the Olympics kicks off and I sink right back into this chair again.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didn't get stabbed, but watching Sweden play is painful.

Could have been worse, you could have watched England. BBC text guy had a great bit on them stringing 10 passes together.

Luckily I can be a slacker and watch a stream while working, so I can see Die Mannschaft struggle against the Dutch, heh.

Got stabbed and bled today - hate blood work. Another day of banging head against a wall, otherwise.

Good God man! Are you ok? What ruffian was that dared to take a knife to you?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I just assument since it was missing a dramatic story that he accidentally stabbed himself.

Well, I just assumed that he was being a drama queen about giving out blood samples. Although if he did get stabbed, he would be about the umpteenth person I know with a zipper on their belly.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well not really being a drama queen about it - technically I did get a sharp object stuck in me :p, Luckily she found the vein rather than the last lady who put the needle in and then felt around for a vein (nice bruise after that one). Proximity to a hospital corresponds to competency, here, at least.

My oncologist has taken away my 2-3 years and replaced that statement with "I'm very, very worried". That's very freaking nice. Maybe killing the messanger wasn't such a bad idea. Anyway...
Damn doomsday preachers!... tossing out the old liver and getting a new one isn't an option I suppose? :( Sort of a sharp reminder to enjoy every day to the fullest and not take tomorrow for granted. Even if/when they give you your years back, it never hurts to spend more time being happy than being grumpy. Mate, still hoping for the best :luck:
Mate, still hoping for the best :luck:
Good to hear from you Tarna, keep that awesome attitude up!
Thanks all. Gorth, considering my dismal prognosis, I'm not even elligable to go on a transplant list. Can't really disagree. Organs don't just grow on trees and organs that come available should be given to someone younger and get more milage out of it. After all, someone had to die to supply it. Giving it to a 50 year old would only buy me a couple of more years until some other organ failed. Math on that decision is real easy. What isn't easy is my daughter keeps trying to get me to accept part of hers. Since we are pretty much clones of each other I'm sure the tissue typing would match. My only answer to that is that I'm not going to buy a couple of more years of life at the expense of hers. She could respond that by not taking her offer that I'm cheating her out of a couple more years with me. That would be a pretty dirty trick and luckily we love and respect each other too much for that kind of guilting. The newest plan is to run a scan to 'map' out the blood flow through my liver to learn which blood lines the tumours have taken over for their own use. If the insurance company approves it, the Docs will then inject around 30,000 micro-spheres of Yttrium-90 into those blood supplies to irradiate the tumours dirrectly. The problem is that this is a good treatment of liver cancer, not kidney cancer that has taken up residence in my liver.

Edit...how do get the page where I can update my signature?

Edited by tarna

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

On the completely lesser scale of life trouble, I found a charge on my credit card that shouldn't be there. Phoned up the bank to report it, and got my security locked in the attempt. So I had to go through a completely different process to unlock my security so I could report a potential problem.

Now they've cancelled my card as the quick and dirty fix... So no new books or such from amazon for a week or so until a new card turns up and its all resolved.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What isn't easy is my daughter keeps trying to get me to accept part of hers. Since we are pretty much clones of each other I'm sure the tissue typing would match. My only answer to that is that I'm not going to buy a couple of more years of life at the expense of hers.

As Im sure you are aware, a (healthy) liver is the only organ in the body capable of regenerating itself so you would not be cheating her long term.

I almost screwed myself doubly getting home. Cop gave me a ticket for sneaking the green light by a millisecond. One of those things that really do not matter for road safety, but if you see a cop rigth next to you, you behave. I didn't see him.

Then I kinda called him an **** and told him to stop talking and start writing the ticket, it just slipped out. That would have been twice the fine, they are supposed to write you up for oral abuse, but he seemed to ignore it.

Anyway going to work today was a net loss.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.