The photo thread

obyknven

It's a nice photo of some military helicopter, but what is this thread about? Any random ol' picture that you enjoyed? Your own photos? (did you take that photo?)

...I remember when we had a few more picture threads. They were fun. *nostalgia*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hurlshot makes even his own daughter to spread american propaganda! Just look at her shirt. Every time she looks at mirror a small part of her is brainwashed to believe she truly loves corrupted west and their capitalistic ideas. I think that is the most cruel thing you could ever do to a kid.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Hurlshot makes even his own daughter to spread american propaganda! Just look at her shirt. Every time she looks at mirror a small part of her is brainwashed to believe she truly loves corrupted west and their capitalistic ideas. I think that is the most cruel thing you could ever do to a kid.

The hockey jersey has USA on it too :biggrin:

Edited by Hurlshot

Beautiful dog. Is he fully grown?

Not in that photo, thats about 5 months old now. Now he's actually turned 1 year and a month or two.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What I like to call.. "The Library" :-

Or at least.. One wall of it.....

Room-MainShelves.jpg

I had a similar situation, but then I started taking my paperbacks and putting them in a classroom library for my students to peruse. So now I've just got hardbound books on the home shelves.

Those shelves are triple-stacked ;) So yes, three books deep in most cases...

Ah....makes me think of my dream of one day having an entire large room devoted as a library, with lots o shelves and a small lounge chair. Right now most of mine are in boxes in a closet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have a library room. I hjeartily recommend it. Although just presently it's full of a friend's boxes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

See, back the other year when I emptied my room out to redecorate.. I ended up utilising the front room to pile my "library" in..

And this is what it looked like:

Books1.jpg

Books3.jpg

Hurlshot and I have the same notion re: ideal library. Except in that pic, I'd probably put another tall free-standing bookshelf or three in the middle of the lower floor. I have no need for area rugs and dance-room space in my library. :lol:

And Raithe - yeah..between books, old magazine collections, and DVD collections I could put up wall-to-floor shelves and line a couple rooms with them all, but at the moment I just keep out ones I re-read frequently. If I was rich I'd buy a lot more hardback/reference, photo, and non-fiction books for my fantasy library, too. Before digital books completely take over. :/