RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

The 650'000 goal has been reached on the Larry Kickstarter, still 7 hours to go.

Happy. I think most of their tiers sucked, though, there's absolutely nothing worthwhile between the first boxed version and the $ 500 signature edition. I did go for the boxed version, in the end.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wasn't too enthused that it would simply be a remake of the first Larry game but I must say that Al Lowe pretty much won me over completely by his videos. How can you not want to support this kind, funny old man? :) Reminds me so much of my father and his friends who will absolutely laugh their ass off at the lamest of dirty jokes.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Meh, i didn't support it. Maybe ill buy it after it's released. I pretty much forgot about kickstarter after Wasteland 2 got funded, i've only checked how much Shadowrun made and that's it. No more kickstarter projects for me. Too many unknowns or scams or just plain stupid ideas to browse through to find something promising.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

In case someone still doesn't have Alpha Protocol, it's $4 on gamersgate.

I knew I should have waited. I paid $50+ for that. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mechwarrior Online screenshots of the Catapult. Bit different than what I recall from other media, though.

Catapult_K2_03_1_1335993600-000.jpg

Catapult_K2_02_1_1335993582-000.jpg

Catapult_C1_03_1_1335993545-000.jpg

Catapult_C1_02_1_1335993530-000.jpg

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Grim Dawn also has a kicstarter up. Can be found here:

For those who don't know, it's an open world action rpg, built around the Titan Quest engine. The team (two people) have been working on it themselves for two years and are asking for money to hire more people full time, in order to get the game out sooner and with more polish.

They've almost met their funding goal as is with 15 days left to go, so that's good news. Personally this is probably the kickstarter I'm most excited by, even more so than Wasteland 2.

Grim Dawn also has a kicstarter up. Can be found here:

http://www.kickstart...nment/grim-dawn

For those who don't know, it's an open world action rpg, built around the Titan Quest engine. The team (two people) have been working on it themselves for two years and are asking for money to hire more people full time, in order to get the game out sooner and with more polish.

They've almost met their funding goal as is with 15 days left to go, so that's good news. Personally this is probably the kickstarter I'm most excited by, even more so than Wasteland 2.

I pre-purchased this about a year and half ago and then promptly forgot about it. Glad to see the project is still alive.

Free games updated 3/4/21

http://www.pcgamer.c...orld-of-skyrim/

Elder Scrolls MMORPG. Yay ?

Yawn.

I have to say, I just don't find the ES universe very interesting. Daedric princes and all that are fairly yawn inducing for me. I love the idea of exploring a huge world that looks beautiful, but the lore has never really pulled me in.

Morrowind was the only one I ever got close to finishing the story on, and even that lost me after awhile.

If it's like a modern version of Daggerfall (with 16000+ towns and villages and a landmass the size of Great Britain), then I'm actually interested. This is the only game that actually included all of Tamriel. I would loooove to explore that! The main flaw of Daggerfall was that it was so empty. A MMORPG would solve that problem.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Uhm, Daggerfall focused on one region?

Is that a question or a statement? If it's a question then, no. If it's a statement, then I don't know what you're talking about.

You can put exactly as much density and detail in the whole world as you can in a small section. All you need is more time and more resources. I vastly prefer the whole world like that.

You're right, my memory fails me. Two regions, not all of Tamriel, just checked it.

A MMORPG usually has a much larger scope than a single player RPG. If it doesn't launch with all of Tamriel, it could very well be expanded later. The thought of this excites me at least. Daggerfall was massive! I would love to see a game of that scope again.

Saying that you'd prefer "small sections of the world" because of the "density and detail" is almost as dumb as the people who ask "What would you prefer? A short good game or a long mediocre game?", like the two were somehow equivalents (very common question on these boards). Why would anyone prefer a mediocre game if you could choose a good game? The question should be "What would you prefer? A short good game or a long good game?". How many people would then prefer the short game? Same here. Who would prefer the smaller game, assuming they were of equal quality? The difference is only time and resources, something most MMORPG's have plenty of.