Mass Effect 3

Gorth

And does that 2 gig download actually change anything else in the final set up beyond just those last cinematics?

I mean, its possible to have saves from when you were fighting on earth, but Bio have the "you should load your save from just before the assault on the Cerberus Base". So that would kinda suggest there might be a few other subtle changes or further boosts in the midst all of it..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And does that 2 gig download actually change anything else in the final set up beyond just those last cinematics?

I mean, its possible to have saves from when you were fighting on earth, but Bio have the "you should load your save from just before the assault on the Cerberus Base". So that would kinda suggest there might be a few other subtle changes or further boosts in the midst all of it..

There was exactly one item I wasn't sure I'd seen before the final rush to the light. From the rush onwards (including it), there have been a lot of changes, the meeting with the starchild is a lot longer and does now explain his origin and the "solution" a bit better. Of course, it also convinces me that it's barking mad, which impacts the choice I make. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If you have trouble understanding the Catalyst's reasoning, do not worry. This only means that you are still sane.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I still don't get it. Why the **** does destroying the reapers also destroy every other form of synthetic life in the galaxy? What sense does that make? Why would you make the only sensible choice given to the player have such a completely unnecessary and very unappealing effect? A proper "bittersweet ending" does not involve simply tacking on a down-side to a sensible ending.

Besides, when Hacket talks about "those who will not see [our future]," it's rather funny that the game shows only the two synthetics who worked with Shepard and not the entire ****ing race of geth who were senselessly slaughtered because the writers are ****ty.

It's supposed to destroy all forms of Reaper technology which is why everything synthetic gets wiped. Of course, Shepard being Reaper tech. too and it being the only ending he could survive is kinda odd.

Not everything synthetic is reaper tech. The geth, for example, have no Reaper hardware at all - they were created before the Reapers were discovered. It makes no sense to force Shepard to condone what amounts to genocide in order to get rid of the Reapers.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I still don't get it. Why the **** does destroying the reapers also destroy every other form of synthetic life in the galaxy? What sense does that make? Why would you make the only sensible choice given to the player have such a completely unnecessary and very unappealing effect? A proper "bittersweet ending" does not involve simply tacking on a down-side to a sensible ending.

Besides, when Hacket talks about "those who will not see [our future]," it's rather funny that the game shows only the two synthetics who worked with Shepard and not the entire ****ing race of geth who were senselessly slaughtered because the writers are ****ty.

It's supposed to destroy all forms of Reaper technology which is why everything synthetic gets wiped. Of course, Shepard being Reaper tech. too and it being the only ending he could survive is kinda odd.

Not everything synthetic is reaper tech. The geth, for example, have no Reaper hardware at all - they were created before the Reapers were discovered. It makes no sense to force Shepard to condone what amounts to genocide in order to get rid of the Reapers.

... Geth are software, they'll be using the best available hardware at any point in time...

It does seem arbitrary, but it does kind of make sense.

It is never specified that Reaper tech is the target. All synthetics is the target and it doesn't discriminate.

I know that saying it targets Reaper tech is a popular fan interpretation, but that's not what they're going for. It's along the same lines as Synthesis, where the space magic is also affecting AI in general, but also specific subsets of carbon chemistry.

Even Eezo cores are based on Reaper technology, after all. If it destroyed Reaper tech, all ships would be destroyed.

• Like 1

This is a good question. I only played through the Destroy ending from the moment Shepard gets beamed aboard the Enterprise ... err Citadel, and then watched the other endings on Youtube. So does the EC actually change anything before that point Shepard takes on Marauder Shields?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This is a good question. I only played through the Destroy ending from the moment Shepard gets beamed aboard the Enterprise ... err Citadel, and then watched the other endings on Youtube. So does the EC actually change anything before that point Shepard takes on Marauder Shields?

Yes (which I already mentioned, but I figure a bunch of you are ignoring me anyway) :p

Yes, it changes one thing during the approach on the beam.

Yes, it changes one thing during the approach on the beam.

Please tell me it makes it shorter.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Harbinger not noticing the Normandy ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The yellow ending is my new favourite :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I wonder how much they're going to retcon about the ending when the inevitable ME4 to ME6 trilogy is made. Either that, or they'll have to make one of the current endings cannon, because the three endings result in a vastly different state of the galaxy.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wonder how much they're going to retcon about the ending when the inevitable ME4 to ME6 trilogy is made. Either that, or they'll have to make one of the current endings cannon, because the three endings result in a vastly different state of the galaxy.

Or they're going to play time games and make it irrelevant (takes place either before, or way after. Considering Stargazer, probably WAY after...)

Or they're going to play time games and make it irrelevant (takes place either before, or way after. Considering Stargazer, probably WAY after...)

You are commander Sheppard of the Gorthurian alliance. your presence is requested on planet 317. Another Asari artifact has been found. This one is intact and has an energy signature. Just imagine if we could decode the content...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So after waiting all this time to go through a second playthrough when the extended cut was released to "fix" the mess that is the ending... Now they're teasing us with more dlc that you will have to do before the game ending anyway.

So perhaps better to have another long break and not complete it just yet until the rest of the potentially interesting dlc is here..

With ME2, they managed to make most of the DLC pretty relevant even if you did it after completion. Well, I guess Overlord didn't make much sense in most cases, and all the whinging about Kasumi was probably related to the fact that a lot of people never saw the amount of story integration she had. Arrival, of course, made most sense if played post-completion...

But if, as they suggest Leviathan is going to add potential War Assets.. and it will be slightly hard to run the "Take Back Omega" that a lot of people think is coming post-earth assault.. :getlost:

But if, as they suggest Leviathan is going to add potential War Assets.. and it will be slightly hard to run the "Take Back Omega" that a lot of people think is coming post-earth assault.. :getlost:

My point.

The only way that works is if they do games set before the events of ME1. But even then they'll be constrained if they want to use humans as a protagonist. Humans are new to the galactic community thing, with the First Contact War as the only reasonable setting for a game.

If they set the game after the events of ME3, then the universe is indeed in vastly different states. Even if they put it way, way into the future, you can't really get around the fact that in one ending the Reapers are destroyed, and in another ending Sheppard controls the Reapers but they're largely still in full force. That's a pretty massive plot point to have to write around.

My guess is they'll do things the easy way --- they'll just turn the franchise into a MP-only game. ;)

...and they answer: Why not?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy