Mass Effect 3

Gorth

If they have DLC plans they'd probably do any voice work for that at the same time, so they aren't necessarily all related to a redone ending.

It would make sense, but apart from possibly DA2, they haven't done it in the past.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Guest Slinky

I'm still holding off finishing this game until the real ending gets released, I still don't know and probably don't want to know how it currently ends now, haha

If you have been playing the game only for the action and don't really care for the plot, you might even like the ending.

If you have played the earlier games and play also to see how the story ends, the ending wins the facepalm awards of the century.

I'm still holding off finishing this game until the real ending gets released, I still don't know and probably don't want to know how it currently ends now, haha

You're going to be holding off forever then. The current ending is the "real ending". All they're doing (unless they go completely opposite of what they've said they're doing) is expanding or adding clarification to the current ending.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

A different ending wouldn't make it a better game. It's already botched in so many that it would be far too much work to make ME3 right. Besides Bioware has already paid and secured all the glowing reviews so.. well.. period.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Another MP DLC announced, and still no actual patch in sight (unless MC can correct me). I guess it's nice that Bio is trying to keep the game interesting by adding new content, but I'd like a bit more support. The tech kind.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Another MP DLC announced, and still no actual patch in sight (unless MC can correct me). I guess it's nice that Bio is trying to keep the game interesting by adding new content, but I'd like a bit more support. The tech kind.

MW2 proved how MP packs keep a game going despite buggy performance, BW is only following their example.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Really? Well I don't like how things are going right now, all the characters I saved in ME2 keep getting

killed off

Kinda makes you wonder what was the point of ME2 overall.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If Bio/EA is going to insist on pushing the MP portion of the game as being more important than SP -- as witnessed by all the DLC they've released for it, yet still can't be arsed about making sure the import bug is fixed completely or the EMS issue -- they really could add more than one game type. This "horde mode" got real boring, real fast.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I only had one character die in ME3, and I'm pretty sure it was unavoidable. It was a great moment, so no worries from me.

Was that the cheesy moment with the prayer ? Think you can avoid them all getting killed, at least.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 4 weeks later...

http://masseffect.bi...t/extended_cut/

Extended cut releases on Tuesday.

My god, that interview is pathetic. "Left a lot to the player's imagination?" These guys honestly don't see why the ending in its original state was utterly unsatisfactory.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

My god, that interview is pathetic. "Left a lot to the player's imagination?" These guys honestly don't see why the ending in its original state was utterly unsatisfactory.

I'm pretty sure they know exactly what was wrong with the game (by now, anyway), they're just singing the tunes of those who pay their salaries. And they can't lose face among the other sports car driving, stock option carrying, hipster beard wearing "artist" developers, now can they? :p

2GB is pretty interesting, considering similar releases in the past. DA:Awakening and Lair of the Shadow Broker similarly stretched the x360 maximum download limit...

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Will just watch it on Youtube.

Did they change what the extended cut was going to include? All I read was "cutscenes" and "cinematics" to further explain the endings. So if that's the case, and there's no actual new game play for the player, why is the file so large? Are they giving us a 30-minute movie to explain away the silliness?

Did they change what the extended cut was going to include? All I read was "cutscenes" and "cinematics" to further explain the endings. So if that's the case, and there's no actual new game play for the player, why is the file so large? Are they giving us a 30-minute movie to explain away the silliness?

Most likely a number of voiced cut scenes showing how things ended in various places of the galaxy. Sort of like the old Fallout slideshows, but with higher production values ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I guess this means I might try finishing my second ME3 playthrough then.. oh and some multiplayer to get that War readiness up a few percentage again...

I've kind of been ignoring it all until this was released..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Most likely a number of voiced cut scenes showing how things ended in various places of the galaxy. Sort of like the old Fallout slideshows, but with higher production values ;)

Still seems a rather big download for just cutscenes and cinematics, no?

Maybe it'll be an hour-long presentation by Casey Hudson on why Mass Effect 3's ending is all about artistic integrity.